RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana vs Liberty 6/26
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 06/27/08 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
As soon as I saw the bandana on her, I thought of BCBG!! LOL!! Bandana Janel came to kick ass and take names! WOW! What a freaking performance...

Yes, Bandana Janel is almost as bad as Do-Rag Tari. Whenever there's hair accessories involved, you know they mean business. Laughing

PostPosted: 06/27/08 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
The bench barely played, not even Tiff logged her usual minutes. And now we go on our annual Western Conference Spanking Tour. May the Air Travel Gods bless them. Laughing

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil It starts in Sacramento...but only if Leilani gets significant minutes. Ticha can't abuse Elmo 'Fro.

Mathies to LA 2013
JayhawkNYC

PostPosted: 06/27/08 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:

Anyone know if the Garden serves breakfast?? Cause at the rate we were going, we'd prolly still be there!!

At one point, I thought we'd really be there all night and wondered if the game would ever end. Not to mention, MSG was an icebox (it's always cold in there, but it felt like someone messed the thermostat a bit too much). I kept saying to myself, one of these teams is going to run out of gas soon and I hope it's the Fever because a Liberty loss would have hurt BAD!!

Here's hoping the Libs didn't encounter any travel delays to the west.

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 06/27/08 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OMG -- yes it was!!!! I had a sleeveless shirt on and I was freezing!! I don't get cold easily either, but I was FREEZING!!

You'd think we were at the Ed Sullivan theater Laughing

[quote="JayhawkNYC"]

At one point, I thought we'd really be there all night and wondered if the game would ever end. Not to mention, MSG was an icebox (it's always cold in there, but it felt like someone messed the thermostat a bit too much).

PostPosted: 06/27/08 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
OMG -- yes it was!!!! I had a sleeveless shirt on and I was freezing!! I don't get cold easily either, but I was FREEZING!!

I know it was muggy outside last night, but the a/c in MSG made it feel like I was stuck in the arctic. Laughing

When I stepped outside, I actually stood still for a minute to absorb the warmth of the summer night before proceeding to sweat on the subway platform on the way home.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 06/27/08 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Were there any famous (or halfway famous) people in the building, I heard that Billy Jean King and Kym Hampton were there but I thought I saw 1 or 2 more?

PostPosted: 06/27/08 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You know I have NO idea!! LOL! I didn't even see Billie Jean! LOL!! I was too busy jumping in & out of my chair to notice my neighbor much less people across the court from me! LOL!!

Str8_Butta wrote:
Were there any famous (or halfway famous) people in the building, I heard that Billy Jean King and Kym Hampton were there but I thought I saw 1 or 2 more?

PostPosted: 06/27/08 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd be happy if the regular peeps would show up, let alone celebs. I don't recall seeing BJK on ESPN2, but then again I missed the 1st quarter and barely could stand to ook at the TV in the 2nd. Up until then I was convinced we'd get blown out and was feeling sorry that we'd have yet another stinker on national TV. I was like why oh why must they pick NY vs. Indy which has always been a low-scoring, physical and sloppy game?
Quite the turnaround, huh... Laughing
And yes, the eskimoes are in charge of the Garden's A/C system.

PostPosted: 06/27/08 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Then I'm a freakin' Eskimo, because I was perfectly comfortable with the temperature. About the only way I was comfortable until Cathrine intercepted the last inbounds pass.

The other miracle of the night- the jacket fit!

PostPosted: 06/27/08 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I took some people from work to the game. I selected the game because of the early start, hoping that we could get home early. So much for my planning skills.

One co-worker showed during the 1st quarter. The Lib were playing ok in the first few minutes. In the middle of the 3rd quarter, he said he was leaving to catch a train to Long Island. Just after he left the Lib started playing better. So thank you, Al for helping the Lib win!!

A member of my staff said she had a great time for only $15 and will definitely come back. I think for others it was a one time experience.

It was freezing at MSG. I was shivering. I remember it being cold in previous years, but since it was comfortable on Sunday, I was unprepared.

I agree about the lack of bench play. It seemed that AB's defense was quite effective, although she has to be more selective about her shots. (Maybe her success on Sunday went to her head.) Similarly, JMac should avoid some of the outside shots she tried.

I thought that Lobo might be pregnant. Congratulations.

I got to the office a few minutes late this morning (7:53) and naturally, it was a busy day. I managed to fight off my exhaustion until a meeting with Senior Management after lunch, that was when I almost nodded off.

PostPosted: 06/27/08 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
You know I have NO idea!! LOL! I didn't even see Billie Jean! LOL!! I was too busy jumping in & out of my chair to notice my neighbor much less people across the court from me! LOL!!

Str8_Butta wrote:

Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: