RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Head's up: rutgers/stringer/(wnba) documentary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 12/12/04 11:10 am    ::: Head's up: rutgers/stringer/(wnba) documentary Reply Reply with quote

this looks to be coming up on wnet in nyc, but i suppose it's possible other stations might pick it up, if not on wednesday. in fact, this may already be a rerun:

Wednesday, December 15 2004
This is a Game Ladies
9:00 PM Channel 13 WNET

120 mins.
Mixing highs and lows with comments from players and reporters, this documentary follows coach Vivian Stringer and her 2000-01 Rutgers women's hoops team. Included: the win over top-ranked Notre Dame and the drafting of Tasha Pointer and Tammy Sutton-Brown by the WNBA. Those commenting include Pointer, Stringer, announcer Doris Burke and reporters Kate Smith and Greg Tufaro.

(interesting, to see what they said ahead of pointer's failure . . .)

PostPosted: 12/12/04 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of our local channels (PHX) promoted this as well...will try to remeber and/or look for details to share.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 12/13/04 2:01 am    ::: Re: Head's up: rutgers/stringer/(wnba) documentary Reply Reply with quote

Thanx bibb, I was wondering when it would finally air in NY.

sebibb wrote:
this looks to be coming up on wnet in nyc, but i suppose it's possible other stations might pick it up, if not on wednesday. in fact, this may already be a rerun:

Wednesday, December 15 2004
This is a Game Ladies
9:00 PM Channel 13 WNET

120 mins.
Mixing highs and lows with comments from players and reporters, this documentary follows coach Vivian Stringer and her 2000-01 Rutgers women's hoops team. Included: the win over top-ranked Notre Dame and the drafting of Tasha Pointer and Tammy Sutton-Brown by the WNBA. Those commenting include Pointer, Stringer, announcer Doris Burke and reporters Kate Smith and Greg Tufaro.

(interesting, to see what they said ahead of pointer's failure . . .)

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 12/14/04 8:51 am    ::: Re: Head's up: rutgers/stringer/(wnba) documentary Reply Reply with quote

you can look on the official site and hit the "check local listings" button to see when it plays near you:

http://www.pbs.org/thisisagame/

pilight

PostPosted: 12/14/04 8:55 am    ::: Re: Head's up: rutgers/stringer/(wnba) documentary Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
you can look on the official site and hit the "check local listings" button to see when it plays near you:

http://www.pbs.org/thisisagame/

"No listings available for this month". Bummer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: