RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sacto vs. Seattle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 05/02/08 9:11 pm    ::: Sacto vs. Seattle Reply Reply with quote

Blog:http://sacramentomonarchs.blogspot.com/2008/05/hello-monarchs-fans-its-may-2-2008-and.html

PostPosted: 05/02/08 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boxscore:

http://www.wnba.com/games/20080502/SEASAC/boxscore.html

PostPosted: 05/02/08 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why has Sheryl only played around 4 minutes?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/02/08 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swoopes_Tompson_Comets22 wrote:

They had a game two nights ago and it's preseason, so it's probably just Agler having some sense and heavily restricting her minutes. She played way, way too much in preseason for Houston last year and lasted three regular season games before being done for the year.

Only so many minutes left in those old legs - no point wasting any of them in preseason.

FS02

PostPosted: 05/02/08 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sheryl also hurt her shoulder in the first quarter and was lying on the court for a while. Sad That's all I know because the radio cut out after that.

Swoopes_Tompson_Comets22

PostPosted: 05/02/08 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But then you look at Griffith and she's still playing?

Swoopes_Tompson_Comets22

PostPosted: 05/02/08 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
Sheryl also hurt her shoulder in the first quarter and was lying on the court for a while. Sad That's all I know because the radio cut out after that.

Damn, not again.

FS02

PostPosted: 05/02/08 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the rate this game is going, we'll be lucky if either team hits 50 points.

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/02/08 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wait. There is radio? Link?

PostPosted: 05/02/08 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kimberly Beck is getting a lot of playing time for the Storm. And Allie Quigley hasn't played.

Wonder if the fact that Beck has started both preseason games (and played quite a bit) means she's in a decent spot to make the team?

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 05/02/08 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's Go Shyra! Cool

PostPosted: 05/02/08 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The game is being broadcast on KHTK, but the .com link doesn't work. I tried using the radio station's link, and I got it to work for a second, but I think that was just a mistake, you're not supposed to be able to do it that way, since the WNBA wants control of its "content".

FS02

PostPosted: 05/02/08 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
Kimberly Beck is getting a lot of playing time for the Storm. And Allie Quigley hasn't played.

Wonder if the fact that Beck has started both preseason games (and played quite a bit) means she's in a decent spot to make the team?

Quigley played in a lot Chicago because that's her home town. Maybe she's not playing now to give the other players at her position an equal chance. I don't see Beck as competing for the same roster spot, she's a PG, but Kennedy is and Lewis is (although I think, realistically, Lewis has almost no chance to make the team because of the salary cap).

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/02/08 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
HomerCecil wrote:

Quigley played in a lot Chicago because that's her home town. Maybe she's not playing now to give the other players at her position an equal chance. I don't see Beck as competing for the same roster spot, she's a PG, but Kennedy is and Lewis is (although I think, realistically, Lewis has almost no chance to make the team because of the salary cap).

Yeah, like I said in some other thread around here a week or two ago, Doneeka Hodges-Lewis has no chance of making the final roster due to the cap maths. In fact, it seems a little unfair that she hasn't been waived yet to give her the chance to catch on somewhere else.

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 05/02/08 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
HomerCecil wrote:

Good point about Quigley not being a PG. And about her having played at DePaul.

Still, I'm surprised she's not playing. She didn't shoot well in Chicago but had a good floor game. And it seems like the Storm need back up guards PERIOD, not just point guards. Although I guess Tanisha Wright might be a better option as a back up 2 now that she won't be forced to play PG.

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/02/08 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why has Marsh not been in? Sad

PostPosted: 05/02/08 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
Why has Marsh not been in? Sad

Maybe she's hurt. Don't know anything; just wondering aloud.

Or maybe she's just not good enough. Seems like I didn't hear nearly as much about her after her sophomore year; perhaps because New Mexico didn't have as much team success the past couple years.

FS02

PostPosted: 05/02/08 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm wondering why Quigley, Doma, and O'Neill didn't play yet. The starters need reps, but we're deep in the fourth quarter now.

Sacfan

PostPosted: 05/03/08 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good pre-season match-up. Both teams have some young athletic players to build a future around.

For Seattle fans-- Swoopes hurt her shoulder early on. No report here post-game on the extent of the injury, although mention was made of a possible dislocated shoulder. Ashley Robinson had a really good game, we want Katie Geralds, and Kimberly Beck just might make the Seattle team. She had a great game defensively. Yo looked better than we had seen her in at least two years.

For Monarch fans it was a better-than-expected outing. With 4 of our five starters not playing (Ticha, Chelsea, and DeMya all out with injuries, and Nicole Powell still overseas), we have to be happy with this win. Harper did a good job tonight as a rookie F/C, and Charel Allen made some incredible shots down the stretch to help seal the deal. The Monarchs actually had an offense to go along with their defense, and pushed the ball, as Coach T said in the post-game radio interview, in the style of Phoenix and San Antonio. Who would have ever thought that???

It was nice to get this win tonight. Losing Yo to Seattle, and DeMya yesterday to injury was a terrible way to start this season. There just might be a light at the end of the tunnel, though, for Monarch fans Very Happy

FS02

PostPosted: 05/03/08 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sacfan wrote:
Good pre-season match-up. Both teams have some young athletic players to build a future around.

For Seattle fans-- Swoopes hurt her shoulder early on. No report here post-game on the extent of the injury, although mention was made of a possible dislocated shoulder. Ashley Robinson had a really good game, we want Katie Geralds, and Kimberly Beck just might make the Seattle team. She had a great game defensively. Yo looked better than we had seen her in at least two years.

Where is PalaceAthena, anyway? Laughing

StevenHW

PostPosted: 05/03/08 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swoopes_Tompson_Comets22 wrote:

I was at the game. Sheryl was injured halfway through the first quarter.

I do not know what kind of injury she suffered, but she was on the floor for a while. She managed to get up, with help from the Monarchs' trainer, Coach Agler, and some others. Even Monarchs G.M. John Whisenant was out there.

At least they didn't put Sheryl on a stretcher, like what happened to DeMya Walker last season!

I hope it's not serious for Sheryl.

sambista

PostPosted: 05/03/08 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

interesting. four players in double figures for seattle, and they lost.

i saw "a.frankin" in the boxscore and couldn't help but think of the queen of soul.

PostPosted: 05/03/08 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Monarchs have two of my favorite rookies - Laura Harper and Charel Allen (who I am so confident in making that roster!) - and they both had solid outings yesterday.

Harper had 6 points and 4 boards as well as a blocked shot while making both of her free throws.

Allen shot 4 of 6 with 8 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 steals.

I'm liking Allen as the steal of the draft in late rounds. I'm liking Harper as the most underrated first round pick!

PostPosted: 05/03/08 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
The Monarchs have two of my favorite rookies - Laura Harper and Charel Allen (who I am so confident in making that roster!) - and they both had solid outings yesterday.

Harper had 6 points and 4 boards as well as a blocked shot while making both of her free throws.

Allen shot 4 of 6 with 8 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 steals.

I'm liking Allen as the steal of the draft in late rounds. I'm liking Harper as the most underrated first round pick!

OMgosh! I will be very happy for Charel Allen. I have truly only seen her in I think one tournament game and she immediately caught my eye. I created a thread asking about her and her sweet smooth jumper with good hops.

Best of luck to her and I was pretty sure the Monarchs would be happy with Laura Harper having lost Yo.

I was real sorry to hear about DeMya, that's really sad.

Congrats to the Monarchs. I thought Seattle would win.

I hope Sheryl is okay. She can hit the floor and be in alot of immediate pain but dust herself off and be fine a little later. I hope this is the case.

recycledcomets

PostPosted: 05/03/08 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is not how I remember Sheryl:
Quote:
She can hit the floor and be in a lot of immediate pain but dust herself off and be fine a little later.

Sheryl, injured before the first game? She does look better in Storm green than in Comet red; y'all were right after all!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: