Yes
45%
 45%  [ 19 ]
No
54%
 54%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 42

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 03/06/08 11:12 am    ::: Is There Something Wrong With Me? Reply Reply with quote

With the season approaching, I find myself excited about many things. Seeing Sheryl and Swin play together. Seeing Fowles in Chicago and how that changes their squad. Seeing the new Atlanta squad play. Waiting to see what rookie surprises and emerging players happen this season.

But something else excites me. Something dark and dirty. Something I never thought I would admit.

I, eyevolley4, am excited for the return of Lisa Leslie-Lockwood.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

No, no, I'm not a big fan, but there is a villainous quality that I think Lisa brings that few others in the league possess. Running to the computer to complain about Leslie's elbows was practically a ritual of mine and many others, and I, for one, am happy that will be coming back to me.

So the question is, am I sick in the head for being pumped about the return of Anne Meyers favorite basketball player ever - L. L. L.

PostPosted: 03/06/08 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The lack of a villain last year did make for a somewhat lackluster season, IMO.

PostPosted: 03/06/08 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

growing up in the playgrounds of the bronx....brooklyn.....and newark in the 60's.....the rule was....."if you're close enough to catch an elbow.....you're too close"...... Exclamation

PostPosted: 03/06/08 12:16 pm    ::: Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
So the question is, am I sick in the head for being pumped about the return of Anne Meyers favorite basketball player ever - L. L. L.

no, i can relate to that, and it was a less exciting season without the usual LLL instigation. but i haven't missed her that much since i've been watching omarosa on "celebrity apprentice."

PostPosted: 03/06/08 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
Is There Something Wrong With Me?

As a general rule, yes.

Related to the WNBA, no.

Smile

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 03/06/08 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
eyevolley4 wrote:
Is There Something Wrong With Me?

As a general rule, yes.

Related to the WNBA, no.

Smile

This is why I hate general rules!

PostPosted: 03/06/08 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am too...and you know, I actually don't mind LLL when her elbows are on my side of things.. Wink

Seriously, I still say Candace and Lisa on the same time have the potential for..well..a lot of fun..

PostPosted: 03/06/08 1:08 pm    ::: Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
With the season approaching, I find myself excited about many things. Seeing Sheryl and Swin play together. Seeing Fowles in Chicago and how that changes their squad. Seeing the new Atlanta squad play. Waiting to see what rookie surprises and emerging players happen this season.

But something else excites me. Something dark and dirty. Something I never thought I would admit.

I, eyevolley4, am excited for the return of Lisa Leslie-Lockwood.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

No, no, I'm not a big fan, but there is a villainous quality that I think Lisa brings that few others in the league possess. Running to the computer to complain about Leslie's elbows was practically a ritual of mine and many others, and I, for one, am happy that will be coming back to me.

I don't think so but the elbow-catchers this season might disagree. Laughing
scullyfu

PostPosted: 03/06/08 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
This is why I hate general rules!

oh, i hate general rules, but i love general tso. Smile

PostPosted: 03/06/08 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Say what you will about LLL's style of play - she is STILL one of the most prolific players ever to lace them up, and probably still the most recognized face in the WNBA.

Despite her age, I predict she will come back with a vengeance in 2008 - just to prove a point. Don't know how much gas is left in the tank for 2009 and beyond, but she will be playing in MVP form in 2008.

PostPosted: 03/06/08 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TonyL222 wrote:
Say what you will about LLL's style of play - she is STILL one of the most prolific players ever to lace them up, and probably still the most recognized face in the WNBA.

Despite her age, I predict she will come back with a vengeance in 2008 - just to prove a point. Don't know how much gas is left in the tank for 2009 and beyond, but she will be playing in MVP form in 2008.

She was absolutely amazing when Team USA played USC here a few months ago. She got into a scramble for the ball with some 19 year old and it was like a tiger shark versus a catfish. I really can't recall a player in a game who was more intense than LL was in the second half of that contest. If she can stay injury free she's going to have a huge season.

PostPosted: 03/06/08 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's simply a love/hate relationship with me.........

I'd love to have her on my team but I love to hate her when she's not. She' a great player, competitor and good for the game.

amaha05

PostPosted: 03/06/08 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am stunned but I actually missed LLL too.

But You know I am looking forward to making a villian out of her New Apprentice. (Assuming that Parker is the #1 Pick) I know Parker is super talented but I wouls actually like to have her score a point in the WNBA before we Stamp her into the All-Star Status.

I'd rather be trapped in someone else's dutch oven than deal with the "breath of fresh air" Gavin Newsom would bring to Sacramento.
That's change NO-ONE can believe in.
eyevolley4

PostPosted: 03/06/08 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

amaha05 wrote:
I am stunned but I actually missed LLL too.

But You know I am looking forward to making a villian out of her New Apprentice. (Assuming that Parker is the #1 Pick) I know Parker is super talented but I wouls actually like to have her score a point in the WNBA before we Stamp her into the All-Star Status.

I find it very funny that Parker will likely step in under relative villain status considering she will be teaming up with the Lezz.

PostPosted: 03/06/08 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I missed her alot. Without lisa there wasnt alot of fun in going to see the Sparks. Should Tina leave the Comets I will say the same thing.

PostPosted: 03/06/08 3:44 pm    ::: Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
eyevolley4 wrote:

no, i can relate to that, and it was a less exciting season without the usual LLL instigation. but i haven't missed her that much since i've been watching omarosa on "celebrity apprentice."

Laughing LMAO!

PostPosted: 03/06/08 3:57 pm    ::: Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
...So the question is, am I sick in the head for being pumped about the return of Anne Meyers favorite basketball player ever - L. L. L.

If Anne Meyers were here, she would tell you to reword that last sentence to: "...the return of Anne Meyers favorite basketball player ever, who also happens to be the reigning MVP..." Razz

MamaBristow

PostPosted: 03/06/08 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I actually missed LLL too. More importantly, I miss hating the Sparks. I sorta started feeling sorry for them during the Henry Bibby experiment and haven't reacquired that hatred. It's much more fun to boo them when they are good, so I actually look forward to Michael Cooper turning them back into the evil empire of the WNBA! I hope Lisa comes back with a vengeance, it will be like the old days at ARCO! Twisted Evil

mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/06/08 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MamaBristow wrote:
I actually missed LLL too. More importantly, I miss hating the Sparks. I sorta started feeling sorry for them during the Henry Bibby experiment and haven't reacquired that hatred. It's much more fun to boo them when they are good, so I actually look forward to Michael Cooper turning them back into the evil empire of the WNBA! I hope Lisa comes back with a vengeance, it will be like the old days at ARCO! Twisted Evil

True story. But, do we really need two evil teams..between the Shock and the Sparks....wow..lots of bruises..

PostPosted: 03/06/08 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's a good point MamaBristow.

Last year, with Spencer and Taj, it was a real challenge for me to dislike the Sparks. The only thing that helped me hold onto the hate in the long term was when I had to watch tons of interviews about and of Leslie talking about whatever the heck they wanted to talk to her about that day.

It's like they made us suffer through watching Sparks games because they wanted us to watch Lisa Leslie-Lockwood interviews.

At least get her back on the court where she is much more hate-able.

PostPosted: 03/06/08 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

hmm, I thought Diana stepped into that role quite nicely Wink

PostPosted: 03/06/08 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
pilight wrote:

hmm, I thought Diana stepped into that role quite nicely Wink

LOL, I don't think fans hated her...

Refs were scared for their life though.. Wink

PostPosted: 03/06/08 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diana just doesn't have whatever it is that LLL has. I can't imagine anyone saying "I'm gonna fuck that bitch up" when referring to The Diana.

PostPosted: 03/06/08 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Diana just doesn't have whatever it is that LLL has. I can't imagine anyone saying "I'm gonna fuck that bitch up" when referring to The Diana.

oh please, Plenette is probably STILL saying that 6 months later Laughing

PostPosted: 03/06/08 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MamaBristow wrote:
I sorta started feeling sorry for them during the Henry Bibby experiment

bibby sucked as a player.....he sucked as a father.....and he double sucked as a coach......

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: