RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Vanessa Hayden is leaving Spain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 12/09/04 4:03 am    ::: Vanessa Hayden is leaving Spain Reply Reply with quote

Vanessa is leaving to finish school and to be with her family, I never knew that she had a husband.

But ademés of his afén to finalize studies, Hayden recognizes

también to feel "something of morriña. I miss to my husband and a my family, although that already knew it when I decided to come here. The important thing is my studies ".

HAYDEN: "LA AFICIÓN ESLA MEJOR DEL MUNDO"

Se las prometía muy felices Perfumerías Avenida con el espectacular inicio de temporada firmado tanto en Liga como en FIBA Cup, sin sospechar que aún había una desagradable sorpresa a la vuelta de la esquina.

Vanessa Hayden ha hecho uso de la claúsula que firmó en su contrato por la cual podía rescindir el mismo en el mes de diciembre y no reincorporarse a la Liga española tras las Navidades.

Las razones son puramente personales, ya que la propia jugadora estadounidense aseguró ayer que: «Me faltan dos asignaturas para terminar y es algo que he prometido a mi abuela. No es una decisión de pocos días, ya que llevo meditándola mucho tiempo, pero es que mi educación es importante y está pendiente», aseguraba Hayden.

El club salmantino había aceptado la condición de que Hayden finiquitara su contrato unilateralmente, ya que «es un riesgo que hemos corrido conscientemente», como aseguraba el gerente del club charro, Carlos Méndez. Este tipo de contratos, por otro lado, no es demasiado inusual entre las jugadoras que juegan por primera vez en Europa, ya que siempre existe un mínimo riesgo de que no se adapten a la nueva cultura.

Pero además de su afán por finalizar los estudios, Hayden reconoce

también sentir «algo de morriña. Echo de menos a mi marido y a mi familia, aunque eso ya lo sabía cuando decidí venir aquí. Lo importante son mis estudios». La propia jugadora reconocía, además, que: «Es la primera vez que salgo de mi país y es normal echarlo de menos, pero tanto Carlos como José me han hecho sentir como en casa», aseguraba.

Sobre el futuro a corto y medio plazo, Hayden añadía que: «De momento sólo pienso en mis estudios y después comenzaré a jugar en la WNBA cuando empiece. En cuanto a volver a Salamanca, estaría encantada de jugar de nuevo aquí el año que viene, aunque eso dependerá del club también», aventuraba.

La poste norteamericana hizo saber al club salmantino su decisión tras volver del encuentro ante Canoe y ayer mismo se comunicó la noticia al resto de la plantilla, que la recibió con una mezcla de perplejidad y disgusto.

Por último, Hayden quiso lanzar un mensaje a la afición diciendo: «Para mí es la mejor del mundo y espero no ser la protagonista en estos últimos partidos. Ojalá sigan animando como hasta ahora», aseveró.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 12/09/04 11:26 pm    ::: Re: Vanessa Hayden is leaving Spain Reply Reply with quote

It was my understanding that from the beginning she wasn't going to play the whole season overseas & was going to come back home to go back to school. Now the husband thing is news ??? Anyone know how to translate the whole article ???????????

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 12/09/04 11:57 pm    ::: that's what she says Reply Reply with quote

She misses her husband and family, but they (and she) expected that when she left; it's her first time outside the US. She says the important thing is that she wants to finish her studies. Her early departure from the Spanish league was something her contract allowed (because it allowed her to leave for any reason) but not something the Spanish necessarily expected, even if we did. I want to know who, exactly, received the announcement with a "mixture of perplexity and disgust." She says she might play in Spain again next year if the club wants her back, but right now she's just thinking about finishing college and starting the W season in '05. I'll translate the article tomorrow if nobody with really good Spanish comes along. It contains few surprises. Go Big V!

Smoovie

PostPosted: 12/09/04 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It happens a lot

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
pilight

PostPosted: 12/10/04 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now don't you wish the W still published their list of married players?

PostPosted: 12/10/04 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Now don't you wish the W still published their list of married players?

The ones married within Bush's definition of a marriage or the ones married in Vermont?

BTW, her teammates and coaching staff received the news badly.

PostPosted: 12/10/04 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
BTW, her teammates and coaching staff received the news badly.

Is that what "el resto de plantilla" means here? I got confused by the earlier sentence, which seemed to say that she let the team know before the game against Canoe. Maybe she let team management know before that game, but only yesterday let teammates and coaching staff know? You would certainly know better than I would.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 12/10/04 1:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plantilla (or plantel in Portuguese) is very used in sports talk to designate a group of players/roster (at least in soccer, so I believe it applies to any sports). So those were the people shocked to hear the news on Hayden. Seemingly, they were caught off guard.

PostPosted: 12/10/04 2:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does Hayden V. speak Spanish? Maybe her teammates were caught off-guard because it was difficult to socialize with them so V wasn't able to give them any idea...

fang

PostPosted: 12/10/04 10:16 am    ::: Re: Vanessa Hayden is leaving Spain Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta33 wrote:
Vanessa is leaving to finish school and to be with her family, I never knew that she had a husband.

But ademés of his afén to finalize studies, Hayden recognizes

también to feel "something of morriña. I miss to my husband and a my family, although that already knew it when I decided to come here. The important thing is my studies ".

HAYDEN: "LA AFICIÓN ESLA MEJOR DEL MUNDO"

Se las prometía muy felices Perfumerías Avenida con el espectacular inicio de temporada firmado tanto en Liga como en FIBA Cup, sin sospechar que aún había una desagradable sorpresa a la vuelta de la esquina.

Vanessa Hayden ha hecho uso de la claúsula que firmó en su contrato por la cual podía rescindir el mismo en el mes de diciembre y no reincorporarse a la Liga española tras las Navidades.

Las razones son puramente personales, ya que la propia jugadora estadounidense aseguró ayer que: «Me faltan dos asignaturas para terminar y es algo que he prometido a mi abuela. No es una decisión de pocos días, ya que llevo meditándola mucho tiempo, pero es que mi educación es importante y está pendiente», aseguraba Hayden.

El club salmantino había aceptado la condición de que Hayden finiquitara su contrato unilateralmente, ya que «es un riesgo que hemos corrido conscientemente», como aseguraba el gerente del club charro, Carlos Méndez. Este tipo de contratos, por otro lado, no es demasiado inusual entre las jugadoras que juegan por primera vez en Europa, ya que siempre existe un mínimo riesgo de que no se adapten a la nueva cultura.

Pero además de su afán por finalizar los estudios, Hayden reconoce

también sentir «algo de morriña. Echo de menos a mi marido y a mi familia, aunque eso ya lo sabía cuando decidí venir aquí. Lo importante son mis estudios». La propia jugadora reconocía, además, que: «Es la primera vez que salgo de mi país y es normal echarlo de menos, pero tanto Carlos como José me han hecho sentir como en casa», aseguraba.

Sobre el futuro a corto y medio plazo, Hayden añadía que: «De momento sólo pienso en mis estudios y después comenzaré a jugar en la WNBA cuando empiece. En cuanto a volver a Salamanca, estaría encantada de jugar de nuevo aquí el año que viene, aunque eso dependerá del club también», aventuraba.

La poste norteamericana hizo saber al club salmantino su decisión tras volver del encuentro ante Canoe y ayer mismo se comunicó la noticia al resto de la plantilla, que la recibió con una mezcla de perplejidad y disgusto.

Por último, Hayden quiso lanzar un mensaje a la afición diciendo: «Para mí es la mejor del mundo y espero no ser la protagonista en estos últimos partidos. Ojalá sigan animando como hasta ahora», aseveró.

You can get a translation within Google. Also, there is a site called Babelfish http://world.altavista.com/ that will translate. Of course, when you translate text automatically you get a psuedo-translation, like this:

HAYDEN: "BETTER LIKING ESLA Of the very happy WORLD" promised to Perfumerías Reconciled with the spectacular beginning of signed season so much to them in League as in FIBA Cup, without suspecting that still there was a disagreeable surprise around the corner. Vanessa Hayden has made use of the clause that signed in its contract by which it could terminate the same one in the month of December and not be reincorporar to Spanish Liga after Christmases. The reasons are purely personal, since the own American player assured yesterday that: "I need two subjets to finish and is something that I have promised to my grandmother. It is not a decision of few days, since I take meditating it long time, but is that my education is important and is pending ", assured Hayden. The salmantino club had accepted the condition of which Hayden settled its contract unilaterally, since "it is a risk that we have run consciously", as charro assured the manager the club, Carlos Méndez. This type of contracts, on the other hand, is not too unusual between the players who play for the first time in Europe, since a minimum risk always exists of which they do not adapt to the new culture. But in addition to its eagerness to finalize the studies, Hayden also recognizes to feel "something of morriña. I miss to my husband and my family, although that already knew it when I decided to come here. The important thing is my studies ". The own player recognized, in addition, who: "It is the first time that I leave my country and is normal to throw it of less, but as much Carlos as Jose has made me feel like in house", assured. On the future in the short and mid term, Hayden added that: "At the moment only I think about my studies and later I will begin to play in the WNBA when it begins. As far as returning to Salamanca, it would be enchanted to play again here next year, although that will also depend on the club ", ventured. The North American post let know to the salmantino club its decision after returning from the encounter before Canoe and only yesterday the news to the rest of the group communicated, that received with a mixture of perplexity and misfortune. Finally, Hayden wanted to send a message to the liking saying: "For me he is the best one of the world and I hope not to be the protagonist in these last parties. Hopefully they continue animating like until now ", asserted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: