RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Songs stuck in your head...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 06/08/05 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
In a restaurant about a year ago and the guy had one of those 'cocktail lounge' CDs going, it was STUCK ON REPLAY and kept playing the same song OVER and OVER again. But the music was down real low. Neither he nor the staff noticed.

And it was one of those unfortunate things where WE didn't notice it either. So while you're sitting there eating this thing is quietly doing its psychological damage.

Over and over again. Relentless. Unbeknownst to anyone.

Then finally you notice. You're pretty sure you've been listening to the same song, but not quite positive. So now you're really listening. Now you're a willing participant in the process of BURNING IT into your brain.

Could it be the same song?

Is that...

Oh God.

Yes. It IS!

Stuck on perpetual repeat:

Ann Margret - 13 Men (And Me the Only Girl in Town)

I will forever divide my life into two phases. Before that night, and after.

that kind of reminds me of this past NBA season...I went to a bar with a few friends to watch the Cavs game and about 10 minutes into the game, some doorknob went to the jukebox and played a couple of songs....which cut the game volume off. The entire bar got pissed. I, being slightly intoxicated, decided that if the guy wanted to hear music, he was going to get his wish. We took up a collection and I put $20 in the box (good for 26 plays at this particular bar), and I alternated "Sweet Caroline" and "MmmmmBop" 26 times. The folks who pitched in had no idea what I chose so I pretty much left the bar in the middle of the 1st playing of the Hanson song. I have no idea how it turned out and I've never returned...I think there MIGHT be a bounty on my head at that place.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 06/08/05 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PennyTfan1 wrote:

that kind of reminds me of this past NBA season...I went to a bar with a few friends to watch the Cavs game and about 10 minutes into the game, some doorknob went to the jukebox and played a couple of songs....which cut the game volume off. The entire bar got pissed. I, being slightly intoxicated, decided that if the guy wanted to hear music, he was going to get his wish. We took up a collection and I put $20 in the box (good for 26 plays at this particular bar), and I alternated "Sweet Caroline" and "MmmmmBop" 26 times. The folks who pitched in had no idea what I chose so I pretty much left the bar in the middle of the 1st playing of the Hanson song. I have no idea how it turned out and I've never returned...I think there MIGHT be a bounty on my head at that place.

I don't know MmmmmBop but it's probably smart that you left the bar after queing up a dozen plays of Neil Diamond. lol! I secretly like the record because I remember that incredible summer (if not the exact year) I'm not exactly sure if it was '69 or '70 but I'm pretty sure it was '70.

I need more Coke.

PostPosted: 06/08/05 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[/quote]
that kind of reminds me of this past NBA season...I went to a bar with a few friends to watch the Cavs game and about 10 minutes into the game, some doorknob went to the jukebox and played a couple of songs....which cut the game volume off. The entire bar got pissed. I, being slightly intoxicated, decided that if the guy wanted to hear music, he was going to get his wish. We took up a collection and I put $20 in the box (good for 26 plays at this particular bar), and I alternated "Sweet Caroline" and "MmmmmBop" 26 times. The folks who pitched in had no idea what I chose so I pretty much left the bar in the middle of the 1st playing of the Hanson song. I have no idea how it turned out and I've never returned...I think there MIGHT be a bounty on my head at that place.[/quote]

Great....now I have mmmmBop stuck in my head! Shocked

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/08/05 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PennyTfan1 wrote:
I alternated "Sweet Caroline" and "MmmmmBop" 26 times.

MmmmmBop? PennyT, you are EVIL. Those poor people! And I cannot stand Cavalier fans (Boozer fan here).

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 06/08/05 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
PennyTfan1 wrote:
I alternated "Sweet Caroline" and "MmmmmBop" 26 times.

MmmmmBop? PennyT, you are EVIL. Those poor people! And I cannot stand Cavalier fans (Boozer fan here).

Yeah...but I just couldn't help it. It was TOO easy!!!! (late edit---it's not MY fault the bar had it in it's jukebox. Twisted Evil ) Don't worry...I made a promise to myself that I would NEVER do that again.

Carlos is a friend of mine so I am not exactly fond of the A-typical Cavs fan either. Sure would have paid for those folks who crucified him and proclaimed him the 2nd coming of Art Modell to have known BOTH sides of the story. Wink

peaceplease

PostPosted: 06/08/05 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

great...now i have the guinea pig song stuck in my head! Rolling Eyes

actually now there is a battle between Mmmm Bop and the guinea pig song. It may be a long day. Shocked

PEACE
pilight

PostPosted: 06/08/05 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cheryleggleston wrote:

Could be worse, you could have this....

http://badgerbadgerbadger.com/

PostPosted: 06/08/05 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ROFLMAO! Laughing
The guinea pig song has been replaced! OMG! That is hysterical!

pilight wrote:
cheryleggleston wrote:

PEACE
PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/08/05 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I once accidentally saw Hanson in concert. Thanks, now not only do I have Mmmmmbop in the my head, I am reliving the live experience.

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 06/08/05 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I once accidentally saw Hanson in concert. Thanks, now not only do I have Mmmmmbop in the my head, I am reliving the live experience.

accidentally? Yikes, that's a pretty bad accident. Shocked

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/08/05 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PennyTfan1 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

It was at an all-day concert in Indy. There was some scary shit sprinkled in amongst Melissa Etheridge and Bon Jovi. You should have heard the prepubescent girls scream ... I still have nightmares.

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 06/08/05 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
PennyTfan1 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

It was at an all-day concert in Indy. There was some scary shit sprinkled in amongst Melissa Etheridge and Bon Jovi. You should have heard the prepubescent girls scream ... I still have nightmares.

prepubescent girls screams....mixed with the sound of popping bubble gum no doubt.

They should have put a Hanson Warning label on the concert tickets or offer full refunds to anybody who had to hear them without warning.

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 06/08/05 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
cheryleggleston wrote:

I think the person who "wrote" that song was high on mushrooms at the time. Shocked

boldenfan

PostPosted: 06/08/05 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have B.Y.O.B by System of the Down, Toxity-System of the Down, and Signs-Snoop Dogg in my head. I can't stop thinking of either of those songs.

inky

PostPosted: 06/08/05 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like the badger song. I sing it on the freeway as I weave between lanes during rush hour. FYI, I am the snake.

Since the day that Nanny came to stay with us
So many magic things keep happening...

KatValeska

PostPosted: 06/09/05 1:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"I like the badger song. I sing it on the freeway as I weave between lanes during rush hour. FYI, I am the snake.

So many magic things keep happening..."

""Soft and sweet, wise and wonderful
Oooh, our mystical, magical Nanny
Fantastic things keep happening
Is there really magic in the things she does?
Or is love the only magic thing that Nanny brings?
You know our Nanny showed us
You can make the impossible happen
Nanny told us
Have a little bit of faith and lots of love
Phoebe Figalilly is a silly name
And so many silly things keep happening
What is this magic thing about Nanny
Is it love....or is it magic?""

The more I think about it, the more I reckon this is a big step forward from "Tennessee Bird Walk". I remember all too well the countless times mom packed my sisters and I into the Impala convertible to head to whatever relatives' house, and that song would invariably come on the radio station she played. And we'd be slouching in our seats praying that nobody we knew would see us trapped in such an embarrassing, awkward position.

IMO, Hanson is mere child's play and badgerbadgerbadger is a modern-day Bolero compared to this Blanchard/Morgan abomination.:

http://www.kokosuniverse.com/jm/wma/tennesseebirdwalk_nif.htm

I dare ya. Heck, I triple-dog dare ya!

Keegan

PostPosted: 06/09/05 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina Cousins - Wonderful Life.

B-Grade British pop, sung with such clarity.

I'm such a pop whore Laughing
BCBG25

PostPosted: 06/09/05 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Right now it's Mr. Brightside by The Killers. I am trying to stay away from anything Cher, last time "Just Like Jesse James" stuck with me for weeks!

PostPosted: 06/09/05 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Right now it's Mr. Brightside by The Killers. I am trying to stay away from anything Cher, last time "Just Like Jesse James" stuck with me for weeks!

Just bought the Killers' album.

"Just Like Jesse James" is one of my all-time favorite Cher songs...right up there with "Dark Lady."

Keegan

PostPosted: 06/09/05 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Olivia Newton-John - Xanadu

I'm so ashamed Embarassed
bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 06/09/05 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm so ashamed

And rightfully so..... Rolling Eyes

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 06/09/05 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Olivia Newton-John - Xanadu

I'm so ashamed Embarassed

mrs jammer was on me to download that one last year. I thought, "Dang, woman. We don't live in the woods." Somebody hears that coming from our apartment I might as well stuff myself in a closet and never come out. anyway I did but it was mercifully lost when my hard drive crashed.

She's actually got me enjoying Sad Songs (Say so much) by Elton John now. There's a foot tapper. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 06/09/05 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually, I think the song isn't too bad. Olivia meets ELO in a harmless bit of late 70s fluff. The movie on the other hand... Shocked
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/09/05 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigsportzbabe wrote:
Quote:
I'm so ashamed

And rightfully so..... Rolling Eyes

You tell him, BSB. Keegan, how could you?

On the other hand...

Lets get physical
Physical
I wanna get physical
Lets get into physical
Let me hear your body talk
Your body talk

Keegan

PostPosted: 06/09/05 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
On the other hand...

Lets get physical
Physical
I wanna get physical
Lets get into physical
Your body talk

Give me Olivia on roller skates any day over those leotards Shocked

Thanks for getting the song in my head. Fortunately, I only know a small part of the song but that's more than enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: