RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Loose Cannons: Kobe Cancels Mailman like a Stamp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 12/07/04 9:22 pm    ::: Loose Cannons: Kobe Cancels Mailman like a Stamp Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Adding to an already overcrowded afternoon, Bryant went on the "Loose Cannons" show on XTRA Sports 690/1150 AM and said it was "just intuition" that Malone would retire.

"Yeah, naw," Bryant said.

"Karl is furious," agent Dwight Manley said. "He felt very disrespected and betrayed after personally being the first to stand up for Kobe over the last year throughout his rape charge and all he went through."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/la-sp-thelakers7dec07,1,3665732.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba

BCBG25

PostPosted: 12/07/04 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kobe just can't shut up.
Even though his remarks weren't all that offensive, he could've just shut up.
He ought to refrain from giving his personal opinion on things that are not under his control, like Malone's rehab.
I'm pretty sure they could have an awesome lineup with Odom at the 3, but he has a very twisted understanding of what loyalty to your teammates means.

PostPosted: 12/08/04 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Kobe just can't shut up.
Even though his remarks weren't all that offensive, he could've just shut up.
He ought to refrain from giving his personal opinion on things that are not under his control, like Malone's rehab.
I'm pretty sure they could have an awesome lineup with Odom at the 3, but he has a very twisted understanding of what loyalty to your teammates means.

How could he not think he is the world, the Lakers, let Jackson go and tell Shaq to take a hike, and roll out the carpet for Kobe, with him in knee deep sh*t, it's totally mind-boggling, that whole situation.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 12/08/04 2:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You know what is always funny to me? When you see someone snake another person, why don't you think that snake will turn and bite you? Kobe has pretty much been two-faced all his career, other than on the court, no one can deal with the guy. But, Karl Malone thought his and Kobe's relationship was different. Was special..

This is the same snake who was engaged to a girl, that found out Kobe was getting married to someone else while watching the NBA Playoffs. Til this day, he has never explained himself to the girl. This was his high school sweetheart.

I know I've said this before, but that guy has always reminded me of Eddie Haskel from Leave it to Beaver. He shifts his eyes a lot and talks out the side of his mouth.

I'll never forget the time he and his family was on Oprah. His sister,, was talking about how everything was about Kobe, all their life. It wasn't easy for her to talk about it, everyone could see the pain in her face. But , this buttwipe sat there with a smurk on his face. Like, yeah that's right. I'm the prince. I felt so bad for his sister. He didn't even turn and look her in the face when she was talking.

I know Karl is kicking himself, now.. Kobe is a two-faced snake in the grass. You feed people like that with a long handled spoon. As old as Karl is, he got played by this young little snot rag.

On another note. LeBron had a chance at a breakaway dunk, in the final seconds of the game. He stopped in his tracks, and dribbled the clock out. Kobe would have never done something that classy. In that respect, LeBron and "Heat Wade" are already better than Kobe.

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/08/04 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watch Karl sign with San Antonio now and help toast the Lakers.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 12/08/04 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could see Karl in SA, I also think the Rockets may be making room on their roster too. I so wish they would hurry up in trade Mo. They've had him on showcase, starting ahead of Howard. They got to be starting him, to raise his stock. Howard gives them more even with his limited minutes.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/08/04 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last night he was back to the bench. Howard and Bowen started, but Barrett and Mo played more minutes.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 12/08/04 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, and Howard almost got another double-double last night. He played 22 minutes, and got 9 boards, a block shot, and 10 points. Barrett, is turning into a nice pickup. He does a lot of smart things on the floor. He's got to be a little more discipline on defense, but I think that is fixable

BCBG25

PostPosted: 12/08/04 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Barrett is the guy the Knicks waived, right?
That explains it...now I hear Zeke is making room for Vince Carter.
Vinsanity in the Big Apple, I can almost see the giant billboard in Times Square.
Can you imagine VC's and Starbury's egos co-existing?
Hard to tell...all I know is that Nazr rules lol
If you get a chance, he'd be a GREAT pickup, dts.

PostPosted: 12/08/04 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-lakers-malone&prov=ap&type=lgns

"I meant nothing by it. It wasn't directed toward him,'' Bryant said after the Lakers' shootaround. "I'd love to have him back here, everybody would. If he wants to come back and play, the door's always open.

"This is the type of place he should enjoy playing. I'm happy to hear he's 100 percent. And in no way what I said was directed toward him or a personal attack. If he's felt some type of way about that, then I apologize.''

PostPosted: 12/08/04 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
If he's felt some type of way about that, then I apologize.'' [/i]

Kobe even ends it with the most overused non-apology in sports. Basically, that it's a shame that you were offended and oh well. Kobe must have internalized all that lawyer-speak in Colorado. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: