RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NC State vs. Appalachian State

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChiChi

PostPosted: 11/13/07 9:30 pm    ::: NC State vs. Appalachian State Reply Reply with quote

Pack 82-69 Mountaineers

Gartrell - nice game and seemed more "something" than last year, maybe focus or confidence? Appalachian lost her, for lots of easy layups.

Brown - didn't get as many minutes as I would have liked. Loved her again. She stood out at her size for the quickness and hustle plays (steals and blocks out of nowhere).

Zullo - seemed like she took too many shots Evil or Very Mad , but ok she's getting the practice. Dang we need someone besides Shayla to be able to make 3s.

Beal - a future Ashley Key? Maybe not, she'd need to get some kind of shot going. But, defensively maybe so.

Fields - shook off the cobwebs, and in the 2nd looked like Fields '06/'07.

Ellison - she's coming with the rebounds like Yow wants, but she throws her big, low body around so much, it seems like she needs to watch the fouls.

Jordan - sigh. Our trees always take their sweet time developing, but if it ever pays off like Goring did, I'll happily chew my shoe.

Whittington - quiet (for her) game in the 1st half, put on the usual show in the 2nd. The doubleteams she drew allowed all the baskets at the end when we pulled away.

Have to give respect to Appalachian State. Kept it extremely close (2 or 3 pts) almost entire game. Pack pulled away at the very end, but didn't look like a better team most of the night.
I'm so ADD I can't even stay on any of the NC State players (not named Khadijah), but some shallow things about the Mountaineer players:
Colbert - Liked her a lot. Big guard, we couldn't contain her and she spent the night making free throws.
Mixon - surprised me. nice passer, and got by anybody shorter than Chanita we put on her handily, including KD.
Tossi - good job disrupting with steals and deflections.
Thomas - bad game all around and maybe a little frustrated, but wow Shocked near the end she had a move even the Pack fans appreciated. It involved burning a loop around several players and then a falling over reverse layup.

jimmyk

PostPosted: 11/13/07 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd planned on listening to this one, but got sidetracked by the fact that the Lady Vols were playing Chattanooga on TV. It's good to know that the ASU ladies played well. Hopefully they'll have something for Western Carolina and Chattanooga this year.

ChiChi

PostPosted: 11/14/07 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whittington notches career-high in 13-point win

Quote:
Whittington went on to lead the team with 26 points, 13 rebounds, six steals and four assists in N.C. State's 82-69 win against Appalachian State on Tuesday night at Reynolds Coliseum. The 26 points is a career-high.

Throughout the contest, Appalachian State kept it close. At halftime, the Mountaineers were only down 38-35. But it wasn't until late in the second half when the Wolfpack expanded its lead to double digits.

"It seemed like every time we started to get a lead, they came back," coach Kay Yow said.

Wolfpack women win second straight

Quote:
"I like this -- I like how hard they play," N.C. State coach Kay Yow said. "I like how hard they run the floor. If we're play that hard on defense and they're running the floor that well, and we keep working on the little things, then I think that's going to really help us."

Quote:
Tuesday, Whittington fought through double-, triple- and occasional quadruple-teams to lead the Pack with a career-high 26 points and grabbed 13 rebounds. She was bottled up in the first half but exploded in the second.

[...]

Getting Whittington open is a problem that Pack is going to have to solve nightly unless its perimeter shooters can prove themselves enough of a threat that teams have to back off of Whittington, a preseason All-ACC player and the star of State's run last season to the NCAA's round of 16.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: