RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Delaware vs. Maryland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterloosunset

PostPosted: 11/13/07 9:42 pm    ::: Delaware vs. Maryland Reply Reply with quote

91-43 Maryland.

Geeze, I know it was a cupcake game and everything (with buttercream frosting and sprinkles no less), so I'm not supposed to attach importance to it, but Maryland is meshing big time, and it's great to see a team play so well with and for each other.

The Toliver-to-Coleman alley-oopesque move we saw at the Oklahoma game has obviously been something they've been practicing. It appeared twice tonight, though it bounced out the first time.

Kristi also did the same setup for Harper (successfully) and once we were 42 points ahead and things were pretty danged loose, Marissa set it up for Kristi. It didn't go in, but it was brilliant anyway.

Kristi is definitely applying the lessons learned in point guard school. She had another beautiful game, with 19 points, 10 assissts and 3 turnovers.

Marissa had her 1000th career point tonight, and all in all, right now it feels like it's going to be a very fun season. Fingers happily crossed.

Here's the boxscore: http://umterps.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2007-2008/wmd1113.html

Toliver...Holy Cow!

PostPosted: 11/13/07 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lang sat out tonight. Either way, Notre Dame will be a tough one on Friday. They seem to be playing well and Coach McGraw does a real nice job.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 11/13/07 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

with Lang out, the importance of having Jade Perry is once again very evident.

she did it before -- as a freshman, when Harp got hurt. she's really carrying a HUGE load once again, with Lang not yet fulled healed.

Jade... gotta love that kid!!!! She's one of those players I visualize with a hardhat and a lunchpail. No ego, no nonsense. she just BRINGS IT!

yeah, it was DEFINITELY a fun night. Fighting Irish should be more challenging than the Fighting Hens. But my $$ is still on the Terps! Very Happy

waterloosunset

PostPosted: 11/14/07 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jade is amazing. It practically didn't matter if we missed a shot, because she'd get the rebound and put it back in. Just beautiful.

The box score says that Kat Lyons had 8 rebounds, making hers second only to Ms. Perry's 15. How'd she get that many rebounds in only 15 minutes?

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 11/14/07 5:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

waterloosunset wrote:

The box score says that Kat Lyons had 8 rebounds, making hers second only to Ms. Perry's 15. How'd she get that many rebounds in only 15 minutes?

A combination of aggressiveness on her part and fatigue on the part of the poor Hens. I recall thinking during the game that Kat was grabbing a lot of boards.

Toliver...Holy Cow!

PostPosted: 11/14/07 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kat's "paws" were all over the glass. It really was amazing to see her continually snatching rebounds- one of those nights where she was in the right place at the right time. I'm not sure she really had to battle for many of those boards.

waterloosunset

PostPosted: 11/14/07 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm amazed that I didn't even notice that was happening!! Oh well, I think by that point it felt more like a party than a basketball game, so I'll forgive myself for being a little oblivious.

I hope we all manage to have fun on Friday, too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: