RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Poll Regarding WNBA Fantasy Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which is your favorite WNBA Fantasy Game?
WVGM Game/RebKell Challenge
75%
 75%  [ 21 ]
Triple Threat Challenge
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Pick One Challenge
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 28

Musicman 55

PostPosted: 06/20/07 6:22 am    ::: Poll Regarding WNBA Fantasy Games Reply Reply with quote

Over the years many of us have participated in the WVGM Game, the Triple Threat Challenge, and the Pick One Challenge. In case you don't remember it, the WVGM Game actually inspired the RebKell Challenge that has been offered here. The two Games are virtually identical. Which one of these Games did you like best?

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/20/07 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the thing that irks me about both Triple Threat and its successor, Pick One, is that neither game takes into account enough stats. I'd be a lot happier if the formula was the old efficiency formula, to take into account the entirety of a player's game.

PostPosted: 06/20/07 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't like that it's just points+rebounds+assists either, but that's still not my main gripe. It's still too much down to chance and luck. I know people said that the planning element brought in by only being able to pick each player once makes it more strategic, requires more thought etc., but you're just not making enough picks for knowledge and skill to be central elements in succeeding. If they wanted a limit on the number of times you can pick any given player that'd be fine, if it was 'you can only pick any player five times per season' and you had to pick a starting five each night. One player per night just doesn't have enough depth.

LSUTigerFan

PostPosted: 06/21/07 11:46 am    ::: Re: Poll Regarding WNBA Fantasy Games Reply Reply with quote

Musicman 55 wrote:
Over the years many of us have participated in the WVGM Game, the Triple Threat Challenge, and the Pick One Challenge. In case you don't remember it, the WVGM Game actually inspired the RebKell Challenge that has been offered here. The two Games are virtually identical. Which one of these Games did you like best?

Rebkell by far...wvgm wasn't bad either!
We'll see how pick one actually turns out in the end. Will be interesting once everyone's favorite picks are used up!

PostPosted: 06/23/07 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Yeah, I don't like that it's just points+rebounds+assists either, but that's still not my main gripe. It's still too much down to chance and luck. I know people said that the planning element brought in by only being able to pick each player once makes it more strategic, requires more thought etc., but you're just not making enough picks for knowledge and skill to be central elements in succeeding. If they wanted a limit on the number of times you can pick any given player that'd be fine, if it was 'you can only pick any player five times per season' and you had to pick a starting five each night. One player per night just doesn't have enough depth.

I agree with you 100% Rich. The element of luck in the Pick One so far overshadows the skill. How can anyone say that using Holdsclaw early, and getting the benefit of her abilities was a skill thing? Those of us who had chosen her later in the season, now have to use someone else. But the whole thing is based on trying to figure out when somebody is going to have a career night. If I choose Catchings on a night when she is the statistical leader, but she has a higher point total on another night, I lose ground. I hate this game. (Even though I am moving up this week.)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: