RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Unable To Enter Selection On Final Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musicman 55

PostPosted: 09/14/08 1:04 pm    ::: Unable To Enter Selection On Final Day Reply Reply with quote

Here is a copy of the message I just posted on the WNBA.com Fan Forum.

Although I was able to select Erlana Larkins from the List of Players in the New York-Detroit Game, each time I attempted to enter her as my Final Pick, I would get a server error message

I usually got an Apache/Tomcat Error Report message stating that the nba.com server encountered an internal error. But I also sometimes got a 1 NBA.com message stating that I was attempting to access a page that does not exist on their servers.

All of this seems awfully curious since many of us have hung in there all season long playing what in my view is the weakest Fantasy Game I ever play. But I do like the other people who participate in the WNBA Game so we all tolerate a lot to be able to associate and compete with each other.

My guess is that one of the powers that be at WNBA Fantasy Games made the judgement call to suspend the Pick One Challenge due to the extra Day of the season necessitated by the postponement of the Houston-Sacramento Game from Friday to Monday.

I would imagine that most of us could have accepted not being able to select any Players in the Monday Game since there were no Games originally scheduled for that Date. But when I looked at 11 Possible Choices and considerable Statistics and then the USA Today Injury Report, I never expected to be locked out from making a selection at 11:45 A.M.

Of course the Phoenix-Indiana Game started at 12:30 P.M. so I was attempting to enter my Final Selection 45 minutes prior to the start of the First Game. Like many of you I definitely miss the old WVGM Game which nearly all of us who played thought was an outstanding WNBA Fantasy Game.

Personally I am quite tired of the worn out concept of the Pick One Challenge with the necessity of picking a different Player every Day during the entire Season. Most of us who have played the WNBA Fantasy Games for years could probably invent 3 better Games in about 15 minutes if ever offered that opportunity.

I really wish that someone in the offices at WNBA Fantasy Games would actually take some time to evaluate how very weak the Pick One Challenge is in relation to the Fastbreak Challenge for the NBA and come up with a much more interesting WNBA Fantasy Game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: