RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Conn vs NY recap..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbri131014

PostPosted: 05/05/07 6:18 pm    ::: Conn vs NY recap.. Reply Reply with quote

It is preseason boy is it preseason Very Happy Announcers totally forgot about Barb Farris when he was announcing the team. and then Tiffany Jackson went to U of Oregon haha. As for the game here are my thoughts..
Keira hardy IMO is a keeper. made some big three's has kind of a funky looking shot but it works. Brooke Smith needs ALOT of help. I don't see her making the team or any other team this season. As for New York Jessica Davenport i think will be labeled a "thug" by fans (not myself but fans in general of opposing teams) She likes to throw other bodies around. She will be a force very impressed with her. She loves the left side though. her weakness is her right side. Game was very fun for 15 bucks me and my friend were in the fourth row in section 101. GO SUN GO!! Any other thoughts from any of the others that went to the game?

#1Margofan

PostPosted: 05/05/07 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes a fun game to watch... but it looked like a pre-season game... lots of new talent to watch...

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 05/05/07 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did they really call this a foul?

PostPosted: 05/05/07 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lol I see the numbers coming off.

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 05/05/07 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta wrote:

yeah that was one of the few "questionable" calls. I thought it was funny when Erin thorn bitched to the ref when she went up for a layup and the ball fell out of her hands.. sorry erin but no one touched you.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 05/05/07 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigbri131014 wrote:
Str8_Butta wrote:

yeah that was one of the few "questionable" calls. I thought it was funny when Erin thorn bitched to the ref when she went up for a layup and the ball fell out of her hands.. sorry erin but no one touched you.

Laughing

PostPosted: 05/05/07 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sorry we missed you bri...good to see the Lib fans though.

We left at half....AWFUL first half + four hours of lacrosse jamboree in the morning = take the kid home QUICK.

If that' sthe Sun rookie class, I was unimpressed. Chambers sure isn't gun shy, especially from 3. Hardy must have done something in the 2nd half I missed, because I thought she sucked in the first, three pointer included.

Broooke Smith looked lost, which was better than Gidden and Davie though. Le'Coe looked thinner and it showed in trying to cover Davenport, and not in a good way.

Sun fans in the first half saw the real Rasmussen...the good and the bad. She'll be fine. KT looked disinterested to me to be honest with you, along with the fans.

Lib fans had good news and bad news. There were some nice moments from Davenport and Jackson, Moore looked SO chiseled in those unis, but....you lost to our scrubs.

Now Patty, why isn't Baker playing more? Why not Shay? Janel? Hopefully the rotation was preseason game one only!!!

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 05/05/07 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's not like the Libs have Allstars on their team, it still upsets me that they lost though.

PostPosted: 05/05/07 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keira hardy IMO is a keeper. made some big three's has kind of a funky looking shot but it works.

I really hope she makes the team, I watched her in college and I love her game. I wish Karleen had taken a chance on her with our 3rd draft pick but, it didn't happen. I wanted her in the Comets camp so bad. No such luck, I really hope the Sun is able to keep her. If they don't I hope someone pick her up QUICK!

Go LUCK Keira!

A happy heart makes the face cheerful.
dtsnms

PostPosted: 05/05/07 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

colehearted wrote:
Keira hardy IMO is a keeper. made some big three's has kind of a funky looking shot but it works.

I really hope she makes the team, I watched her in college and I love her game. I wish Karleen had taken a chance on her with our 3rd draft pick but, it didn't happen. I wanted her in the Comets camp so bad. No such luck, I really hope the Sun is able to keep her. If they don't I hope someone pick her up QUICK!

Go LUCK Keira!

cole, I'm sorry, I see no chance. Whalen, Douglas, Mahoney, Carey, Chambers, Hairston all seem ahead of her...even if just going by the way they were played tonight rotation wise

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 05/05/07 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
colehearted wrote:

Go LUCK Keira!

cole, I'm sorry, I see no chance. Whalen, Douglas, Mahoney, Carey, Chambers, Hairston all seem ahead of her...even if just going by the way they were played tonight rotation wise

Hairston lost some ground tonight. Kiera was the team's high scorer, 4-5 from behind the arc! She just moved up a notch. Cori Chambers (1-7, 1-6 trey attempts) might be in trouble first, though, and I'm not happy to report it. Speaking of which, I have a story to write.

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 05/05/07 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok guys...I appreciate the good luck messages but unfortunately, I don't play for UCONN, er the CT Sun!!!!! That would be KIERA Hardy (notice the spelling). For YEARS, I've tried to have people say/spell my name right. Now I'm being confused w/ someone else!! STOP IT! Laughing

As for the game today...here's my comments:

1) Erin Thorn gets TOO DAMN MUCH PT!!!!! Why is she backing up Loree when she's not scoring and not making great passes?? Either Bowen or Doron should be backing Loree. Erin should stick w/ SG duties.

2) Jessica Davenport --WOW!!! Shocked BIG girl, with LOOOONNNNGGG arms & HUGE feet!! Very impressive. Not blazing speed when running the floor but quite dangerous in the paint. I could kiss Blaze for getting her (yes, you heard me right)

3) Tiff Jackson -- Another WOW! Girl's gotta nose for rebound. Explosive first step and I think she can help a whole lot!!!! Impressed w/ her too.

4) Martina Weber -- BIIIIG GIRL!!!! And I mean big!!! Her & Davenport should make a NICE twin tower thing. Didn't get much PT but I like her. I really do!

5) JMac -- impressed w/ her too. Great hustle and that was more impressive than anything. Soft hands, good passer, etc etc (but you all knew that)

6) Shay & Lindsey -- Not to much PT, but I think they're fine additions. They looked good in road blue unis.

7) AB/Loree/Meka -- AB was outhustling a lot of people!!! Same AB as last year. Loree is Loree. Shooting more which I liked. Meka, same ole, same ole. A couple of bonehead moves but this is her time to step up. Only pre-season so not overly concerned.

Cool Kraay/Barb/Sherill -- Kraay is skinny and CUT!!!! I don't know if it's the new unis but he shoulders are slender and VERY muscular. Barb lost her starting job. EASILY. Sherill was her usual quick, mini-ball hog self.

We won't be winning any playoff games, but I like the team. They look to run the ball, the actually passed the ball to post players IN THE POST and the <gasp> rebounded and BOXED OUT!!! Shocked

If I had a dollar for every airball shot today, I'd have about $20 in my pocket by the 3rd quarter. Whew -- def pre-season!!!! I gotta say , I LIKED Brooke Smith. She had a pair of nice shots and has pretty good foot work.

The Sun unis needs to better quality or someone needs to iron the numbers at halftime...LOL! I would also add more color (like fill up the sun designs on the side of of the unis. Whalen will disappear in all that whiteness.)

colehearted wrote:

Go LUCK Keira!

PostPosted: 05/06/07 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Hello, blackbird, hello, starling, winter's over…"

I missed my team so much. Doesn't matter that half this roster is new. This is my team. I may complain about them, I may swear at them, I may wish some of them were used in other ways, I may even occasionally wish some of them were on other teams, but this is my team, no doubt.

It's a pretty ride on Metro-North. We were on a Connecticut-owned train, so it went express through the Bronx and Westchester and local through Connecticut. It's more expensive than the gas to get to Bridgeport, but it's more comfortable, so long as you get lucky and the game lets out in time to catch the train.

I think the announcer was either drunk or really indifferent. He mixed up Tiffany Jackson and Cathrine Kraayeveld when announcing the reserves and mixed up Barbara Farris and Jessica Davenport when announcing the starters, which I think also means he managed not to announce Barb as a reserve. The starters for the Liberty were Loree Moore, Erin Thorn, Shameka Christon, Cathrine Kraayeveld, and Jessica Davenport. I think this is the lineup we'll be seeing on the 20th, too, unless and until either Shay or Sherill proves worthy to start over Erin, or Tiffany can oust Shameka or Cathrine.

The new Liberty jerseys don't look half bad, although it seems clear that the names are being put on in a hurry. The font is iron-on and ugly. I like the new cut, and the blue seems slightly more tolerable (but I still want my black back, damn it). It might simply be because I don't like change and the Liberty made the smallest changes of any team.

Who looked good? I loved seeing Jess and Tiffany in action. If Jessica can quit it with the extra steps and keep up with the rebounding, I'll consider her to be honoring the number she chose. More than that, she takes up space and makes her presence known on both ends of the court in a way I haven't seen since Kym and then Tari in her prime. If only she could sing. Wink Tiffany, I like because I like the way she moves and the way she thinks. She's got good instincts, and as long as she doesn't let Coyle's yelling dissuade her from those instincts, she should do well for herself. Among returning players, Ashley looked really good- her shot was on and she was hustling, and she's clearly making connections with her teammates; she was chatting it up with Janel and encouraging Martina. Of course, Loree was doing that rebounding thing we love about her. (She also got some hearty boos from the section next to ours just as soon as she was announced as being from Tennessee. *sigh*) I would kill to have stats, because that might give me an idea of what might have been going on with players I didn't happen to be looking at at any given moment. Erin started out with some fire after being knocked over with no call, but she faded by the second quarter; if we have to hire someone to goon her in every game for her to play well, this could be unpleasant.

Shay barely played, ditto for Martina Weber and Lindsey Bowen. Barb and Sherill saw fewer minutes than I think they're used to. Shameka and Janel both looked awful, and Janel not only looked awful in play, she needed to be introduced to this strange artifact known as a comb. Bedhead at 5PM=not cool.

The Sun… oh dear. My high school had better uniforms. The design is flatout ugly- those suns on the shorts look like pawing hands, and the plain white needs more accent than the thin red lines give it. Then there was the lack of names, the fact that the Connecticut on the butt is in UConn's font, and oh, yes, the peeling numbers. By the end of the game, Kristen Rasmussen was losing her front 5, Kameisha Hairston was losing her 1s, and Jamie Carey was close to being 0. NOT COOL, whoever's in charge of this. NOT COOL. As a Liberty fan, I was embarrassed for the Sun.

As for the people *in* the jerseys… well, okay, they weren't any great shakes either. I mean, Douglas was Douglas, although I thought her defense was more aggressive than it was last year. Carey impressed me- she ran the team well and hit her shots, but what really stood out was that she was the most communicative player on the floor, calling out screens and the clock on a regular basis. Out of the rookies, I was actually most intrigued by Miss Irrelevant, Kiera Hardy. I can see her as the last keeper. Just out of curiosity, what was Davie doing in #24? Is Mahoney a goner?

I'm looking forward to the game on the 12th. From what I saw of the Liberty and read of the Comets, it should be a fun matchup.

But even if it isn't… at long last, winter's over.

PostPosted: 05/06/07 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:

As for the game today...here's my comments:

1) Erin Thorn gets TOO DAMN MUCH PT!!!!! Why is she backing up Loree when she's not scoring and not making great passes?? Either Bowen or Doron should be backing Loree. Erin should stick w/ SG duties.

2) Jessica Davenport --WOW!!! Shocked BIG girl, with LOOOONNNNGGG arms & HUGE feet!! Very impressive. Not blazing speed when running the floor but quite dangerous in the paint. I could kiss Blaze for getting her (yes, you heard me right)

3) Tiff Jackson -- Another WOW! Girl's gotta nose for rebound. Explosive first step and I think she can help a whole lot!!!! Impressed w/ her too.

4) Martina Weber -- BIIIIG GIRL!!!! And I mean big!!! Her & Davenport should make a NICE twin tower thing. Didn't get much PT but I like her. I really do!

5) JMac -- impressed w/ her too. Great hustle and that was more impressive than anything. Soft hands, good passer, etc etc (but you all knew that)

6) Shay & Lindsey -- Not to much PT, but I think they're fine additions. They looked good in road blue unis.

7) AB/Loree/Meka -- AB was outhustling a lot of people!!! Same AB as last year. Loree is Loree. Shooting more which I liked. Meka, same ole, same ole. A couple of bonehead moves but this is her time to step up. Only pre-season so not overly concerned.

Cool Kraay/Barb/Sherill -- Kraay is skinny and CUT!!!! I don't know if it's the new unis but he shoulders are slender and VERY muscular. Barb lost her starting job. EASILY. Sherill was her usual quick, mini-ball hog self.

We won't be winning any playoff games, but I like the team. They look to run the ball, the actually passed the ball to post players IN THE POST and the <gasp> rebounded and BOXED OUT!!! Shocked

If I had a dollar for every airball shot today, I'd have about $20 in my pocket by the 3rd quarter. Whew -- def pre-season!!!! I gotta say , I LIKED Brooke Smith. She had a pair of nice shots and has pretty good foot work.

The Sun unis needs to better quality or someone needs to iron the numbers at halftime...LOL! I would also add more color (like fill up the sun designs on the side of of the unis. Whalen will disappear in all that whiteness.)

Cool review! Cool

PostPosted: 05/06/07 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
colehearted wrote:

Go LUCK Keira!

I don't know DTS Hardy impressed me in the 2nd half. She had some nice three's and got some hustle points in my book.. i think if she plays like the way she played in the 2nd game for the next preseason games i believe she has a very good chance of making the team.

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 05/06/07 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
sorry we missed you bri...good to see the Lib fans though.

We left at half....AWFUL first half + four hours of lacrosse jamboree in the morning = take the kid home QUICK.

If that' sthe Sun rookie class, I was unimpressed. Chambers sure isn't gun shy, especially from 3. Hardy must have done something in the 2nd half I missed, because I thought she sucked in the first, three pointer included.

Broooke Smith looked lost, which was better than Gidden and Davie though. Le'Coe looked thinner and it showed in trying to cover Davenport, and not in a good way.

Sun fans in the first half saw the real Rasmussen...the good and the bad. She'll be fine. KT looked disinterested to me to be honest with you, along with the fans.

Lib fans had good news and bad news. There were some nice moments from Davenport and Jackson, Moore looked SO chiseled in those unis, but....you lost to our scrubs.

Now Patty, why isn't Baker playing more? Why not Shay? Janel? Hopefully the rotation was preseason game one only!!!

I thought i saw you but i wasn't sure.. and good thing i didn't say hi to the person i thought was you and your wife i woulda felt real stupid Laughing Laughing

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 05/06/07 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Who looked good? I loved seeing Jess and Tiffany in action. If Jessica can quit it with the extra steps and keep up with the rebounding, I'll consider her to be honoring the number she chose. More than that, she takes up space and makes her presence known on both ends of the court in a way I haven't seen since Kym and then Tari in her prime. If only she could sing. Wink Tiffany, I like because I like the way she moves and the way she thinks. She's got good instincts, and as long as she doesn't let Coyle's yelling dissuade her from those instincts, she should do well for herself. Among returning players, Ashley looked really good- her shot was on and she was hustling, and she's clearly making connections with her teammates; she was chatting it up with Janel and encouraging Martina. Of course, Loree was doing that rebounding thing we love about her. (She also got some hearty boos from the section next to ours just as soon as she was announced as being from Tennessee. *sigh*) I would kill to have stats, because that might give me an idea of what might have been going on with players I didn't happen to be looking at at any given moment. Erin started out with some fire after being knocked over with no call, but she faded by the second quarter; if we have to hire someone to goon her in every game for her to play well, this could be unpleasant.

Shay barely played, ditto for Martina Weber and Lindsey Bowen. Barb and Sherill saw fewer minutes than I think they're used to. Shameka and Janel both looked awful, and Janel not only looked awful in play, she needed to be introduced to this strange artifact known as a comb. Bedhead at 5PM=not cool.

According to the boxscore Ashley was 2-7, I wouldn't call that "on". At least she was doing her Hustling thing, she's a hard worker...

Christion was 4-8 from the field with 10 pts, not sure how that is awful.. I guess I would have had to actually seen the game, I'm sure those 7 TO's weren't pretty.. Shocked

PostPosted: 05/06/07 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BTW, this is the boxscore I'm talking about..

thesixthwoman wrote:
Well, it doesn't look so great, but here it is (duh, saved it as a text file!) Rolling Eyes
Play by Play?

Code:

Official Basketball Box Score -- GAME TOTALS -- FINAL STATISTICS
New York Liberty vs Connecticut Sun05-05-07 5 p.m. at Bridgeport, Conn. (Arena at Harbor Yard)

VISITORS: New York Liberty 0-1TOT-FG 3-PT REBOUNDS

## Player Name FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA OF DE TOT PF TP A TO BLK S MIN
20 Christon, Shameka... f  4-8    2-6   0-0   0   2   2    3   10   2   7   0   3  25
33 Kraayeveld, Cathrine f 2-5 0-0 4-4 2 2 4 0 8 1 2 0 1 17
50 Davenport, Jessica.. c 6-8 0-0 2-2 2 5 7 4 14 0 6 1 0 21
05 Thorn, Erin......... g 0-5 0-2 2-2 0 4 4 1 2 2 3 0 0 25
21 Moore, Loree........ g 2-7 0-2 0-0 3 2 5 3 4 0 2 0 2 24
02 Doron, Shay......... 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 4
03 Jackson, Tiffany.... 2-6 0-0 0-0 0 3 3 1 4 1 1 0 2 19
04 McCarville, Janel... 1-6 0-0 0-2 1 3 4 1 2 0 2 1 2 14
10 Baker, Sherill...... 2-4 0-0 2-2 0 2 2 1 6 0 1 0 1 11
22 Battle, Ashley...... 2-5 0-2 0-0 1 7 8 0 4 1 0 1 1 27
24 Weber, Martina...... 0-1 0-0 0-0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
30 Bowen, Lindsay...... 1-1 0-0 2-2 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 4
54 Farris, Barbara..... 0-0 0-0 2-2 0 1 1 3 2 1 1 0 0 6

TEAM................ 1 3 4 1

Totals.............. 22-57 2-12 14-16 11 34 45 17 60 8 27 3 12 200

TOTAL FG% 1st Half: 8-29 27.6% 2nd Half: 14-28 50.0% Game: 38.6% DEADB
3-Pt. FG% 1st Half: 0-5 0.0% 2nd Half: 2-7 28.6% Game: 16.7% REBS
F Throw % 1st Half: 10-12 83.3% 2nd Half: 4-4 100 % Game: 87.5% 2

HOME TEAM: Connecticut Sun 1-0

TOT-FG 3-PT REBOUNDS
## Player Name FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA OF DE TOT PF TP A TO BLK S MIN
34 Mahoney, Megan...... f 1-6 1-2 0-0 1 2 3 0 3 0 6 0 2 21
43 WIllingham, Le'Coe.. f 2-3 1-2 0-0 0 2 2 2 5 0 1 1 1 15
52 Rasmussen, Kristen.. c 3-6 0-0 0-0 5 2 7 2 6 4 2 0 0 29
10 Carey, Jamie........ g 3-6 3-6 1-2 0 1 1 2 10 1 0 0 3 18
32 Douglas, Katie...... g 2-9 1-6 0-0 0 3 3 0 5 3 1 1 0 22
21 Hairston, Kamesha... 3-8 0-2 2-3 1 4 5 2 8 1 2 0 3 23
22 Hardy, Kiera........ 4-8 4-5 0-0 0 3 3 3 12 1 3 0 0 13
23 Chambers, Cori...... 1-7 1-6 0-0 0 1 1 1 3 3 1 0 2 19
24 Davie, Adrianne..... 0-1 0-1 2-2 0 1 1 4 2 1 2 0 0 13
30 Smith, Brooke....... 2-7 0-0 1-2 1 1 2 2 5 1 2 0 0 15
35 Giddon, Vanessa..... 0-2 0-0 2-2 0 3 3 1 2 0 1 2 0 12

TEAM................ 1 1 2

Totals.............. 21-63 11-30 8-11 9 24 33 19 61 15 21 4 11 200

TOTAL FG% 1st Half: 9-30 30.0% 2nd Half: 12-33 36.4% Game: 33.3% DEADB
3-Pt. FG% 1st Half: 6-20 30.0% 2nd Half: 5-10 50.0% Game: 36.7% REBS
F Throw % 1st Half: 3-4 75.0% 2nd Half: 5-7 71.4% Game: 72.7% 2

Officials: Byron Jarrett, Jeff Smith, Barb SmirthTechnical fouls: New York Liberty-None. Connecticut Sun-None.
Attendance:
Score by Periods 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
New York Liberty.. 14 12 19 15 -60

PostPosted: 05/06/07 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta wrote:
According to the boxscore Ashley was 2-7, I wouldn't call that "on". At least she was doing her Hustling thing, she's a hard worker...

Christion was 4-8 from the field with 10 pts, not sure how that is awful.. I guess I would have had to actually seen the game, I'm sure those 7 TO's weren't pretty.. Shocked

Well, t6w's box is showing 2-5, and bear in mind she had two of the quarter-ending heaves. AB generally knows when to take her shots, which is one of the things I like about her. (Compare to Sherill, who doesn't really know when not to shoot, although her grasp of elementary physics has improved over the offseason; the weird shots she puts up at least now have a fighting chance to bounce in.)

Shameka's head was NOT in the game. Slow on defense, spaced out on offense, generally looked like a player with the smug self-assurance that she's a starter. I think Tiffany's going to surprise her if she's not careful.

(Ah, now I see; Mahoney's switched to #34. yay for clearing up confusion.)

PostPosted: 05/06/07 1:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Str8_Butta wrote:

Well, t6w's box is showing 2-5, and bear in mind she had two of the quarter-ending heaves. AB generally knows when to take her shots, which is one of the things I like about her. (Compare to Sherill, who doesn't really know when not to shoot, although her grasp of elementary physics has improved over the offseason; the weird shots she puts up at least now have a fighting chance to bounce in.)

Shameka's head was NOT in the game. Slow on defense, spaced out on offense, generally looked like a player with the smug self-assurance that she's a starter. I think Tiffany's going to surprise her if she's not careful.

(Ah, now I see; Mahoney's switched to #34. yay for clearing up confusion.)

My bad, I got her's mixed up with Loree's 2-7.

Oh! @ Meka not appearing to have her head in the game. (See, I would have had to have been there and seen her to know that )

I've watched Tiffany for 4 years at Texas (when they were on TV), I'm not sure she can play the 3 in the WNBA. Maybe in a year or so that could change though..

Last edited by Str8_Butta on 05/06/07 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Row6Seat10

PostPosted: 05/06/07 1:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kiera Hardy is recovering from a recently sprained ankle and as a result her minutes were limited.

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 05/06/07 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Row6Seat10 wrote:
Kiera Hardy is recovering from a recently sprained ankle and as a result her minutes were limited.

Kiera Hardy played 13 minutes and scored 12 points to lead the team.
She did - uh - okay. Wink
Didn't see no sprained ankle....

jersey_stupka

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 05/06/07 7:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"we've only just begun...to play...road games and turnovers...we start out walking and learn to run....and, yes, we've just begun..."

This is gonna be an interesting season. I loved most all of our new players. Esp our BIGS. We got BIGS again. There is no reason to keep jacking up threes. Get the ball inside people. Tiff J impressed me. She is striking, in a covergirl, Sheryl Swoopes sort of way and has excellent footwork. She's also the designated take the ball out of bounds girl. most likely because she's faster than the other bigs.
Davenport, oh my, oh my. We traded in one 25 for a 50? I'd say we got twice what we bargained for. As much as I miss our little gumchewing beckytrice...i love the fact that we got a big girl to be respected. She's a bit slow on the uptake but we can leave the running game to Meka, MiniBallHog and Loree, all of which i was happy to see again.
Meka had a bad first half but made up for it in the second. think she had zero points at halftime...and was kinda disappointed that she didn't play better. i really don't want to see her jacking up treys...but neither does she have to kill herself trying to drive inside either now with the bigs we got.
I was happy with VTot, too. I liked her rebounding, she has great balance and never gave up and usually ended up with the rebound. Liberty, we got some rebounders. yippee.
The first person i saw on the floor when we came in was Shay. She looked so so happy to be out there in a Liberty uni. too bad Paaaty didn't give her more time. WTF, Paaaty, this is preseason. give the kids a chance to play.
I really liked Martina Weber too and she didn't get enough playing tim either. man, how nice is it to have four bigs. Opps, well, i deliberately forget Farris cuz I really don't see her getting much playing time as these kids will totally outplay her.
If ET has a starting spot, I will personally lead the FIRE PATTY, TOAST HAMBURGER movement. Preseason is a time to play the kids. Why didn't we see more mix it up with the guards? It just makes no sense not be giving giving kids like Sherril, Shay Lindsay, more experience along with L-Mo. It was most frustrating to again have to experience the lack of coaching. at one USUNN free throw moment...Paaaty called Shay over to talk to her and our crowd was screaming..."Shay, don't listen to her...keep playing your game..."... It really is time to "Dump the Lump".
It will be fun to watch these kids, but I can see that it will be very frustrating under Paaaty's tutelage if you want to call it that...I think it would have been good if the Lib coaching staff could have just figured out a win to pull out a win to give these kids a little more confidence. hell, its only preseason, but you get the opp to prove yourself. Of course, the USUNN had practically nobody except Douglas out there, so it wouldn't have been any great shakes...but still...think there were about 3 or 4 game ending turnovers...and a weird ending to the game with game clock blunders..that somehow the refs just let go...

The USUNN had a pack of youngins...and i must admit i was so busy watching the LibKids that I couldn't focus on who was who. Although, I've always like Jamie Carey and thought she played well. Thought Brooke Smith also was worth keeping but needs a lot of work. Sunn fans around me were disappointed that many starters were not there. And Thibault was unusually calm, but hey, what's to get excited about in Bridgeport??

But the New, New Yawk Liberty era is rising. We got BIGs, and we got a season ahead of us.

PostPosted: 05/06/07 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jersey, shouldn't that be toast patty, burn hamburger?

i haven't read all the threads thoroughly, but i'm surprised i'm not seeing a whole lotta talked about the much talked about unis.

how'd they look on the real players?

PostPosted: 05/06/07 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It sounds like I stand corrected. 2nd half sounds like Hardy looked much better than the first. Brooke too. That's a good thing, cause boy were they not much to see in the first.

But then again neither was anyone else.

Let's see what Tuesday vs Seattle brings. I hope I was wrong!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: