RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA Eastern Conference Predictions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarryB1124

PostPosted: 05/10/07 8:31 pm    ::: WNBA Eastern Conference Predictions Reply Reply with quote

1) Detroit--No, um, shock with this as Detroit adds Shannon Johnson to an already deep group and Connecticut is without Taj.

2) Connecticut-A. Jones is an adequate replacement for Taj. Still a very skilled and well-coached team.

3) Indiana-Fever could just as easily finish second or even first. Addition of Tammy Sutton-Brown is huge and Ebony Hoffman gives a second banger inside. Bales adds depth. Catchings is Catchings and this team is deeper than any other Indiana team in my opinion. The three most well rounded teams in the WNBA are in the East this year IMO.

4) Washington-Not enough depth compared to the top three, but having Beard, Milton and Teasley is still hard to contend with.

5) New York-The Liberty are a weird team in that they really have no player who prior to this season has established themselves as a standout. But they do have depth and athletic ability that compares more favorably to the top three teams in raw athleticism. Also, with San Antonio's first round pick in '08 along with their own, they may be in a position to get Parker if she comes out. This is a team a year away from being a winning team and two years away from being a strong playoff contender.

6) Chicago-They are obviously well behind the rest. Some exciting young players bode well for the future though.

West coming soon, if anyone cares...I watch more East games though I am a season ticket holder for the Liberty after a few Becky Hammon and Elena Baranova induced years off. I am not a fan of one-dimensional finesse teams. But anyway, I will be following the league as closely as I used to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: