RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Finals in Russia
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
p_d_swanson



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 9715



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/07 11:27 pm    ::: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

Chasity Melvin's 20 points and 11 rebounds helped Dinamo Moskovskaya close out its series with Chevakata on Saturday. Meanwhile, Kursk used a 38-22 rebounding edge to force Game 3 against Chevakata.

Fifth Place
Dynamo (Kursk) 68, Nadezhda (Orenburg) 58
KUR: Vedlja 21, Fomina 12, Bocharova 11
NAD: Veremeenko 14, Khilkova 9, Ogorodnikova 6, Ovcharenko 6, Shamanina 6
(Series tied, 1-1)

Seventh Place
Dinamo (Moskovskaya obl.) 75, Vologda-Chevakata (Vologda) 66
DIN: Melvin 20, Danilotchkina 17, Tokareva 14 (Scott 8)
VOL: Johnson 14, Sokolovskaia 13, Bokareva 8 (Baranova 7)
(Dinamo Moskovskaya obl. wins series, 2-0)


Marjie



Joined: 13 Jun 2005
Posts: 1233



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/07 7:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UMMC vs. Dynamo (Moscow) has just started. Best of 5 and tied 1-1
http://www.basket.ru/old_site/game.asp?ID=43539&v=events&l=e


Marjie



Joined: 13 Jun 2005
Posts: 1233



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/07 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UMMC defeated Dynamo by a score of 65 to 56. Ford had 18 pts & 18 reb.

Spartak vs CSKA is about to start:

http://www.basket.ru/old_site/game.asp?ID=43534&v=events&l=e


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18467



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/07 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DAYUM! LJ just went off. She had single digits last I looked, now 17 points.


ucdt3



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 5104



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/07 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Samara wins 86-83
Short BBallFan512583



Joined: 15 May 2005
Posts: 803
Location: East Coast, USA


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/07 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
Samara wins 86-83


So close........ Mad



_________________
Short BBallFan
"I'm not short, I'm fun sized."

Twitter: @_Short1_
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 17448



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/07 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Short BBallFan512583 wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
Samara wins 86-83


So close........ Mad


All right, I know this is bad..but I want them home (and I doubt it will actually happen anyway..)

Go Samara..



_________________
TALENT

What it takes to play a gay pirate, a gay candymaker, and a gay mad hatter, and still land a role as John Dilinger.
Short BBallFan512583



Joined: 15 May 2005
Posts: 803
Location: East Coast, USA


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/07 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Short BBallFan512583 wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
Samara wins 86-83


So close........ Mad


All right, I know this is bad..but I want them home (and I doubt it will actually happen anyway..)

Go Samara..


I don't want it to go 5 either......I was hoping whoever would win it would do so in 3!!!!



_________________
Short BBallFan
"I'm not short, I'm fun sized."

Twitter: @_Short1_
p_d_swanson



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 9715



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/07 8:47 pm    ::: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

Edwige Lawson-Wade's three-pointer capped a 13-2 fourth-quarter rally and Samara went ahead 2-1 with Sunday's victory at Spartak. Cheryl Ford collected 18 points and 18 rebounds and Ekaterinburg outscored Dynamo Moscow 13-2 in the final five minutes to win.

Championship
CSKA (Samara) 86, Spartak (Vidnoe) 83
SPA: Thompson 21, Abrosimova 17, Jackson 17 (Taurasi 14, Bird 4, Osipova 0, Penicheiro 0)
SAM: Wauters 19, Arteshina 16, Lawson-Wade 16 (Korstin 10, Walker 10, Valdemoro 8, Stepanova 7)
(CSKA Samara leads series, 2-1)

Third Place
UMMC (Ekaterinburg) 65, Dynamo (Moscow) 56
EKA: Ford 18, Sytniak 9, Kuzina 8, Sauret-Gillespie 8, Whalen 8 (Barnes 6)
MOS: Brunson 10, Martinez 10, Shchegoleva 10 (Vodopyanova 9)
(UMMC Ekaterinburg leads series, 2-1)


thesixthwoman



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 6296
Location: NYC


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 12:52 am    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
Edwige Lawson-Wade's three-pointer capped a 13-2 fourth-quarter rally and Samara went ahead 2-1 with Sunday's victory at Spartak. Cheryl Ford collected 18 points and 18 rebounds and Ekaterinburg outscored Dynamo Moscow 13-2 in the final five minutes to win.

Championship
CSKA (Samara) 86, Spartak (Vidnoe) 83
SPA: Thompson 21, Abrosimova 17, Jackson 17 (Taurasi 14, Bird 4, Osipova 0, Penicheiro 0)
SAM: Wauters 19, Arteshina 16, Lawson-Wade 16 (Korstin 10, Walker 10, Valdemoro 8, Stepanova 7)
(CSKA Samara leads series, 2-1)

Third Place
UMMC (Ekaterinburg) 65, Dynamo (Moscow) 56
EKA: Ford 18, Sytniak 9, Kuzina 8, Sauret-Gillespie 8, Whalen 8 (Barnes 6)
MOS: Brunson 10, Martinez 10, Shchegoleva 10 (Vodopyanova 9)
(UMMC Ekaterinburg leads series, 2-1)


Lemme get this straight. Spartak has Jackson, Bird, Taurasi, Thompson, Penicheiro, and a (clearly) happy Abrosimova* -- and they're not WIPING THE FLOOR with their opponent? What -- are they partying too much? What does it take? I know their opponents are no slouches, but come ON! Two former Libbies are kicking their butts - one of them a mid-season signee! I'm really surprised here. Am I missing something?


*pd - I'm reminded of a quote of hers we discussed in Sampa Wink


p_d_swanson



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 9715



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:22 am    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
I know their opponents are no slouches, but come ON! Two former Libbies are kicking their butts - one of them a mid-season signee! I'm really surprised here. Am I missing something?

Don't discount the effect the two-Russian rule has on this series. Samara has three starters from the national team on its roster, while Spartak has to piece together a lineup with Russians of significantly lesser caliber. Korstin/Arteshina/Stepanova vs. Karpunina/Abrosimova/Osipova is a bigger mismatch in favor of Samara than Jackson/Thompson/Taurasi/Bird vs. Wauters/Walker/Valdemoro/Lawson-Wade is for Spartak, I think...


thesixthwoman



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 6296
Location: NYC


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:34 am    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
I know their opponents are no slouches, but come ON! Two former Libbies are kicking their butts - one of them a mid-season signee! I'm really surprised here. Am I missing something?

Don't discount the effect the two-Russian rule has on this series. Samara has three starters from the national team on its roster, while Spartak has to piece together a lineup with Russians of significantly lesser caliber. Korstin/Arteshina/Stepanova vs. Karpunina/Abrosimova/Osipova is a bigger mismatch in favor of Samara than Jackson/Thompson/Taurasi/Bird vs. Wauters/Walker/Valdemoro/Lawson-Wade is for Spartak, I think...


I misunderstood that rule - I thought it was about who could play for your team in general (and I figured they were just breaking it or something...) not who could play on the floor at the same time! Is that the rule? Can you tell me exactly what it is if that's not it? And forgive me for belaboring the point here, but why have all these WNBA superstars on your team -- and pay them all this big money -- if you can't use them together?

ps- on a somewhat unrelated note, do you know where Laura Summerton is?


p_d_swanson



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 9715



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:47 am    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
I misunderstood that rule - I thought it was about who could play for your team in general (and I figured they were just breaking it or something...) not who could play on the floor at the same time! Is that the rule?

Yes, at least two Russian players must be on the court at all times. Sunday's box score reveals that Spartak's contingent logged exactly 80 minutes of playing time, the bare minimum for a regulation game...

thesixthwoman wrote:
And forgive me for belaboring the point here, but why have all these WNBA superstars on your team -- and pay them all this big money -- if you can't use them together?

I believe this recent study answers that question...

thesixthwoman wrote:
ps- on a somewhat unrelated note, do you know where Laura Summerton is?

At the moment, no. A week ago she was in Priolo getting knocked out of the Italian league playoffs...


thesixthwoman



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 6296
Location: NYC


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 2:00 am    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
I misunderstood that rule - I thought it was about who could play for your team in general (and I figured they were just breaking it or something...) not who could play on the floor at the same time! Is that the rule?

Yes, at least two Russian players must be on the court at all times. Sunday's box score reveals that Spartak's contingent logged exactly 80 minutes of playing time, the bare minimum for a regulation game...


okay...

p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
And forgive me for belaboring the point here, but why have all these WNBA superstars on your team -- and pay them all this big money -- if you can't use them together?

I believe this recent study answers that question...


HA! Thanks for the laugh! And to think I actually thought you were leading me to some cost/benefit analysis of WNBA players in Russian leagues!

p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
ps- on a somewhat unrelated note, do you know where Laura Summerton is?

At the moment, no. A week ago she was in Priolo getting knocked out of the Italian league playoffs...


that works for now -thank you - I guess I'm just wondering if she's expected to show up in CT anytime soon...


Marjie



Joined: 13 Jun 2005
Posts: 1233



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spartak (Moscow region) - CSKA (Samara) is now tied up, 2-2.
Spartak won 69-60
Final on May 10th.

UMMC Won 74-59 to take 3rd.


4ever_bball_fan



Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Posts: 6125
Location: Houston


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it's going to the limit...Tina, et al. better win that darned thing!!!



_________________
The competitor with the will to win also has the will to work. John Wooden.
ndnae



Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 4



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 11:34 am    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
I misunderstood that rule - I thought it was about who could play for your team in general (and I figured they were just breaking it or something...) not who could play on the floor at the same time! Is that the rule?

Yes, at least two Russian players must be on the court at all times. Sunday's box score reveals that Spartak's contingent logged exactly 80 minutes of playing time, the bare minimum for a regulation game...


okay...

p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
And forgive me for belaboring the point here, but why have all these WNBA superstars on your team -- and pay them all this big money -- if you can't use them together?

I believe this recent study answers that question...


HA! Thanks for the laugh! And to think I actually thought you were leading me to some cost/benefit analysis of WNBA players in Russian leagues!

p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
ps- on a somewhat unrelated note, do you know where Laura Summerton is?

At the moment, no. A week ago she was in Priolo getting knocked out of the Italian league playoffs...


that works for now -thank you - I guess I'm just wondering if she's expected to show up in CT anytime soon...


i heard summerton was working on her visa to get back.


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18467



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 11:38 am    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

ndnae wrote:
p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
ps- on a somewhat unrelated note, do you know where Laura Summerton is?

At the moment, no. A week ago she was in Priolo getting knocked out of the Italian league playoffs...


that works for now -thank you - I guess I'm just wondering if she's expected to show up in CT anytime soon...


i heard summerton was working on her visa to get back.[/quote]


Trying to recall, the Penny Taylor fiasco....don't the Aussies have to return home before they can come to the US? I was wondering if Summerton would be there tomorrow night, or Friday night's practice for that matter.


cometsdrivefor5



Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 6286
Location: Houston


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
If it's going to the limit...Tina, et al. better win that darned thing!!!



Yeah for real and bring her arse home!!! Evil or Very Mad



_________________
Don't push me cause I'm close to the edge...I'm trying not to lose my head
huh huh huh huh huh

Grandmasterflash and the Furious Five
p_d_swanson



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 9715



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 12:33 pm    ::: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

Diana Taurasi scored 22 points in just 18 minutes to help Spartak remain alive on Monday. Samara sliced an 11-point deficit to 53-49 early in the fourth quarter before two straight Taurasi baskets quelled the rally. Samara was led by Ann Wauters' 23 points. Meanwhile, Ekaterinburg wrapped up third place at home behind a monster 26-point, 19-rebound effort from Cheryl Ford.

Championship
Spartak (Vidnoe) 69, CSKA (Samara) 60
SPA: Taurasi 22, Thompson 18, Jackson 10 (Bird 8, Abrosimova 2, Osipova 0)
SAM: Wauters 23, Arteshina 15, Stepanova 11 (Lawson-Wade 4, Korstin 3, Walker 1, Valdemoro 0)
(Series tied, 2-2)

Third Place
UMMC (Ekaterinburg) 74, Dynamo (Moscow) 59
EKA: Ford 26, Zakaluzhnaya 18, Karpova 10 (Whalen 5, Barnes 2, Sauret-Gillespie 2)
MOS: Rakhmatulina 17, Vodopyanova 14, Jekabsone 12 (Brunson 10, Martinez 3)
(UMMC Ekaterinburg wins series, 3-1)


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18467



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YEEEESSSSS!!!! Get Lindsay on the first plane to CT will ya? Wink


mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 17448



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:31 pm    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
Diana Taurasi scored 22 points in just 18 minutes to help Spartak remain alive on Monday. Samara sliced an 11-point deficit to 53-49 early in the fourth quarter before two straight Taurasi baskets quelled the rally. Samara was led by Ann Wauters' 23 points. Meanwhile, Ekaterinburg wrapped up third place at home behind a monster 26-point, 19-rebound effort from Cheryl Ford.

Championship
Spartak (Vidnoe) 69, CSKA (Samara) 60
SPA: Taurasi 22, Thompson 18, Jackson 10 (Bird 8, Abrosimova 2, Osipova 0)
SAM: Wauters 23, Arteshina 15, Stepanova 11 (Lawson-Wade 4, Korstin 3, Walker 1, Valdemoro 0)
(Series tied, 2-2)

Third Place
UMMC (Ekaterinburg) 74, Dynamo (Moscow) 59
EKA: Ford 26, Zakaluzhnaya 18, Karpova 10 (Whalen 5, Barnes 2, Sauret-Gillespie 2)
MOS: Rakhmatulina 17, Vodopyanova 14, Jekabsone 12 (Brunson 10, Martinez 3)
(UMMC Ekaterinburg wins series, 3-1)



Taurasi would have a great game.. Confused

Come home...and bring LJ with ya..



_________________
TALENT

What it takes to play a gay pirate, a gay candymaker, and a gay mad hatter, and still land a role as John Dilinger.
LakotaStorm



Joined: 30 Jun 2005
Posts: 5625
Location: Seattle, Wa


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cometsdrivefor5 wrote:
4ever_bball_fan wrote:
If it's going to the limit...Tina, et al. better win that darned thing!!!



Yeah for real and bring her arse home!!! Evil or Very Mad


At least you are only missing one player, we still are without Sue and LJ, and with the last game not until thrusday I doubt we will get them for the last pre-season game on Friday. Razz



_________________
Don't argue with a fool. The spectators can't tell the difference.

______________________
Maya Angelou Quotes

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
caune



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17818
Location: Valley of the Bun


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it depends on what country you are in atm...but I'm pretty sure Aussies have to go home to get their Visa then come to the states.
Penny and Belinda finished a week ago so in Italy. I'm making inquiries as to when they will be here in Phoenix...I'll let ya'll know if I hear anything.



_________________
Because there is only one Diana Taurasi.
@Phoenix Mercury
4ever_bball_fan



Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Posts: 6125
Location: Houston


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That really is a messed up deal, Lakota. I am wondering how strong the Storm are going to start, not having LJ, Sue, and Betty in camp at all. Not that they are not consumate professionals, but you know they are going to be a bit fatigued, and have not had the opportunity to do the conditioning work that is also done in camp...everyone's least favorite part.

I know they have all been playing, but I also have heard players say that when it gets late into the season...even as short as the WNBA season is...they are grateful for the investment they made in conditioning during training camp.

I guess we will see what we will see. I also think Maiga-Ba is still out of camp, right ya'll? And, she has never played with the Comets, so that will be interesting to see how long it takes for her to get acclimated.



_________________
The competitor with the will to win also has the will to work. John Wooden.
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18467



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LakotaStorm wrote:
At least you are only missing one player, we still are without Sue and LJ, and with the last game not until thrusday I doubt we will get them for the last pre-season game on Friday. Razz



Bwahhahahaha!!! No sympathy from me!

We'll enjoy playing you tomorrow....without Lindsay, Nykesha, Margo, Erika and Asjha!!! Not too bad, 4 out of 5 starters and our most likely first post off the bench.


4ever_bball_fan



Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Posts: 6125
Location: Houston


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
I think it depends on what country you are in atm...but I'm pretty sure Aussies have to go home to get their Visa then come to the states.
Penny and Belinda finished a week ago so in Italy. I'm making inquiries as to when they will be here in Phoenix...I'll let ya'll know if I hear anything.


You're making inquiries about when a certain small forward is coming over because you are wanting to set up reconnaissance regarding a certain espouso... Wink Laughing



_________________
The competitor with the will to win also has the will to work. John Wooden.
bahanee



Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 1256
Location: malaysia


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

anyone know wat time the 5th game is on thursday?
I want to watch it but i cant find the tv schedule...



_________________
www.maxd4.blogspot.com

It takes more than skill to play for the DETROIT SHOCK, it takes attitude and heart...
amaha05



Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Posts: 798



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey at least the M's will get Bekkah home to spend time with Coach Jen-nay in Camp. We may even get a look at her in the only Home Pre-Season game.

Sorry Bekkah no rest for the weary.

BTW for anyone interested...
The fans got a chance to check out an Open Practice. Chelsea Newton found a jumpshot hanging out in Rutgers this off season.

Just something to think about.



_________________
I Don't know why they want to Test Me they Know I'm from Jersey... DeMya Walker July 18, 2004
Big Girls Rule...

I'd rather be trapped in someone else's dutch oven than deal with the "breath of fresh air" Gavin Newsom would bring to Sacramento.
That's change NO-ONE can believe in.
cometsdrivefor5



Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 6286
Location: Houston


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

amaha05 wrote:
Hey at least the M's will get Bekkah home to spend time with Coach Jen-nay in Camp. We may even get a look at her in the only Home Pre-Season game.

Sorry Bekkah no rest for the weary.

BTW for anyone interested...
[b]The fans got a chance to check out an Open Practice. Chelsea Newton found a jumpshot hanging out in Rutgers this off season.

Just something to think about
.[/b]



YAY for the Monarchs fans Razz



_________________
Don't push me cause I'm close to the edge...I'm trying not to lose my head
huh huh huh huh huh

Grandmasterflash and the Furious Five
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 14787
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

amaha05 wrote:
Hey at least the M's will get Bekkah home to spend time with Coach Jen-nay in Camp. We may even get a look at her in the only Home Pre-Season game.

Sorry Bekkah no rest for the weary.

BTW for anyone interested...
The fans got a chance to check out an Open Practice. Chelsea Newton found a jumpshot hanging out in Rutgers this off season.

Just something to think about.


I find that hard to believe. What the hell would a jumpshot be doing hanging around RU? Wink



_________________
"Silence must be heard, noise should be observed
The time has come to learn, that silence...
SILENCE MUST BE HEARD..."
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 18809
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 6:58 pm    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
I know their opponents are no slouches, but come ON! Two former Libbies are kicking their butts - one of them a mid-season signee! I'm really surprised here. Am I missing something?

Don't discount the effect the two-Russian rule has on this series. Samara has three starters from the national team on its roster, while Spartak has to piece together a lineup with Russians of significantly lesser caliber. Korstin/Arteshina/Stepanova vs. Karpunina/Abrosimova/Osipova is a bigger mismatch in favor of Samara than Jackson/Thompson/Taurasi/Bird vs. Wauters/Walker/Valdemoro/Lawson-Wade is for Spartak, I think...


It's also because Samara's core has been playing together for much longer than Spartak's. Spartak are basically an All-Star team, and even added yet another highly paid player in Jackson just at the start of the Playoffs, whereas Samara are more of a unit. It's a wonderful clash of differing approaches, and I always though it'd go all the way. The Russian league is going to be insane next season if these two come back with similar rosters, considering the powerful roster that UMMC are putting together as well.


amaha05



Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Posts: 798



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/07 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
amaha05 wrote:
Hey at least the M's will get Bekkah home to spend time with Coach Jen-nay in Camp. We may even get a look at her in the only Home Pre-Season game.

Sorry Bekkah no rest for the weary.

BTW for anyone interested...
The fans got a chance to check out an Open Practice. Chelsea Newton found a jumpshot hanging out in Rutgers this off season.

Just something to think about.


I find that hard to believe. What the hell would a jumpshot be doing hanging around RU? Wink


Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good Job Q... Didn't see that one coming. Reggie told me to say Hello to you. I didn't know you knew him. Razz



_________________
I Don't know why they want to Test Me they Know I'm from Jersey... DeMya Walker July 18, 2004
Big Girls Rule...

I'd rather be trapped in someone else's dutch oven than deal with the "breath of fresh air" Gavin Newsom would bring to Sacramento.
That's change NO-ONE can believe in.
p_d_swanson



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 9715



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/08/07 11:58 am    ::: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

Dynamo Kursk claimed fifth place with Tuesday's narrow victory at Orenburg. Anastasia Bocharova's 17 points led five double-digit scorers for Kursk, while Zhanna Gorodetskaya tallied 24 in a losing cause.

Fifth Place
Dynamo (Kursk) 78, Nadezhda (Orenburg) 75
NAD: Gorodetskaya 24, Veremeenko 16, Shakirova 10
KUR: Bocharova 17, Lapteva 15, Vedlja 14
(Dynamo Kursk wins series, 2-1)

Playoff Placements:
3. UMMC (Ekaterinburg)
4. Dynamo (Moscow)
5. Dynamo (Kursk)
6. Nadezhda (Orenburg)
7. Dinamo (Moskovskaya obl.)
8. Vologda-Chevakata (Vologda)
9. NUR (Kazan)
10. Dynamo-Energiya (Novosibirsk)
11. Baltiyskaia Zvezda (St. Petersburg)
12. Shelen-ETK (Krasnoyarsk)


p_d_swanson



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 9715



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/07 12:04 pm    ::: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

Lauren Jackson scored 11 of her 17 points in the decisive third quarter as Spartak pulled away from Samara in Thursday's Game 5. Jackson added 13 rebounds, while Samara was led by 21 points from Ilona Korstin and 20 from Ann Wauters. The Superleague title is the third straight for Svetlana Abrosimova (17 points), who played for Samara in 2005 and 2006.

Spartak (Vidnoe) 88, CSKA (Samara) 72
SAM: Korstin 21, Wauters 20, Lawson-Wade 9 (Valdemoro 8, Walker 5, Stepanova 4)
SPA: Abrosimova 17, Jackson 17, Thompson 17 (Bird 13, Taurasi 7, Osipova 5, Penicheiro 2)
(Spartak Vidnoe wins series, 3-2)


CB



Joined: 16 Nov 2006
Posts: 11089



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/07 12:12 pm    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
Lauren Jackson scored 11 of her 17 points in the decisive third quarter as Spartak pulled away from Samara in Thursday's Game 5. Jackson added 13 rebounds, while Samara was led by 21 points from Ilona Korstin and 20 from Ann Wauters. The Superleague title is the third straight for Svetlana Abrosimova (17 points), who played for Samara in 2005 and 2006.

Spartak (Vidnoe) 88, CSKA (Samara) 72
SAM: Korstin 21, Wauters 20, Lawson-Wade 9 (Valdemoro 8, Walker 5, Stepanova 4)
SPA: Abrosimova 17, Jackson 17, Thompson 17 (Bird 13, Taurasi 7, Osipova 5, Penicheiro 2)
(Spartak Vidnoe wins series, 3-2)


Congratulations to Spartak!!! Very Happy

PS: I hope this means the Spartak players are now coming back to the States.


BBallFanCT729



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 2666
Location: UConn Territory


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/07 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations Spartak Very Happy !


comet_fan_97



Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 468
Location: Tennessee


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/07 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoooray!!!! Now Tina needs to take quick breather and get ready for Houston....Hope she sleeps well on the plane....and the other players as well!



_________________
"People may not remember what you said, but they will remember how you made them feel."
4ever_bball_fan



Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Posts: 6125
Location: Houston


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/07 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TINA AND DYLLAN ARE COMING HOME!!!!!



_________________
The competitor with the will to win also has the will to work. John Wooden.
bballfan2005



Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Posts: 25318
Location: Somewhere here and there


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/07 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Spartak!

Now it's time for Ticha and DeMya to make their way back to the states! Very Happy



_________________
Avatar: The King has his ring!

Mathies to LA 2013
amaha05



Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Posts: 798



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/07 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
TINA AND DYLLAN ARE COMING HOME!!!!!



So are DeMya and Zachara...



_________________
I Don't know why they want to Test Me they Know I'm from Jersey... DeMya Walker July 18, 2004
Big Girls Rule...

I'd rather be trapped in someone else's dutch oven than deal with the "breath of fresh air" Gavin Newsom would bring to Sacramento.
That's change NO-ONE can believe in.
caune



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17818
Location: Valley of the Bun


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/07 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

amaha05 wrote:
Quote:
TINA AND DYLLAN ARE COMING HOME!!!!!



So are DeMya and Zachara...


And Diana and her baby Sue Wink



_________________
Because there is only one Diana Taurasi.
@Phoenix Mercury
cometsdrivefor5



Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 6286
Location: Houston


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/07 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
amaha05 wrote:
Quote:
TINA AND DYLLAN ARE COMING HOME!!!!!



So are DeMya and Zachara...


And Diana and her baby Sue Wink



You been on a roll lately caune Laughing



_________________
Don't push me cause I'm close to the edge...I'm trying not to lose my head
huh huh huh huh huh

Grandmasterflash and the Furious Five
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 17448



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/07 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
amaha05 wrote:
Quote:
TINA AND DYLLAN ARE COMING HOME!!!!!



So are DeMya and Zachara...


And Diana and her baby Sue Wink


Way to totally start rumors Caune.. Wink



_________________
TALENT

What it takes to play a gay pirate, a gay candymaker, and a gay mad hatter, and still land a role as John Dilinger.
atlasshrugs



Joined: 03 Jun 2005
Posts: 356



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/07 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
And Diana and her baby Sue Wink

Laughing

Thanks for all of the updates guys. It was fun keeping up with the Russian league, and now I'm just hoping all of the players forego the celebrations in favor of getting back stateside, asap.

Seeing how few mins. Ticha was able to play, I wonder if she'll be back with Spartak next season.

dtsnms, is that dog really smiling?


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18467



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/07 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I kinda thought it looked like he had a cig hanging out of the side of his mouth.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin