RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tanisha Wright And Iziane Appear to Have Made the Cut

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 05/15/05 6:11 am    ::: Tanisha Wright And Iziane Appear to Have Made the Cut Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"It wasn’t just the end of the game,” Bird said. “If we played the whole game the way we played the last 10 minutes of the first half, we’ll be fine.”

Especially if Tanisha Wright plays like she did Saturday. Wright, who was Seattle’s first-round draft pick largely because of her defense, proved she can also contribute offensively, scoring 13 points after getting to the free throw line 15 times – as many times as all of Seattle’s starters combined – in 18 minutes of action.

“She did an outstanding job,” Donovan said. “She is great off of the dribble and gets to the rim – it’s what she did in college.”

Donovan also singled out the play of Iziane Castro Marques, who made some nice second-half contributions.

"It’s a good thing it’s the preseason,” Bird said. “But you can’t blow it off. We have a lot of things we need to work on.”

"I was telling myself not to put them back in the game, but then with a minute and a half left, I wanted to win like everyone else here,” Seattle coach Anne Donovan said. “We have to be able to finish a game – I’m frustrated we didn’t do that. There are so many things that we can take apart that we didn’t do.

“Thank God this one didn’t count.”

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/storm/story/4867652p-4466399c.html

Shocked

ageckogirl

PostPosted: 05/15/05 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wright definitely made it, but I would not count Izzy in yet. I know that some were impressed with her but I was not. We will see soon!

gumption72

PostPosted: 05/15/05 11:24 am    ::: Re: Tanisha Wright And Iziane Appear to Have Made the Cut Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Quote:
"It wasn’t just the end of the game,” Bird said. “If we played the whole game the way we played the last 10 minutes of the first half, we’ll be fine.”

Especially if Tanisha Wright plays like she did Saturday. Wright, who was Seattle’s first-round draft pick largely because of her defense, proved she can also contribute offensively, scoring 13 points after getting to the free throw line 15 times – as many times as all of Seattle’s starters combined – in 18 minutes of action.

“She did an outstanding job,” Donovan said. “She is great off of the dribble and gets to the rim – it’s what she did in college.”

Donovan also singled out the play of Iziane Castro Marques, who made some nice second-half contributions.

"It’s a good thing it’s the preseason,” Bird said. “But you can’t blow it off. We have a lot of things we need to work on.”

"I was telling myself not to put them back in the game, but then with a minute and a half left, I wanted to win like everyone else here,” Seattle coach Anne Donovan said. “We have to be able to finish a game – I’m frustrated we didn’t do that. There are so many things that we can take apart that we didn’t do.

“Thank God this one didn’t count.”

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/storm/story/4867652p-4466399c.html

Shocked

Good for Tanisha. I was worried about her mentality at the end of her college career at Penn State... that was some weird stuff going on there. She is a good kid in many ways. Smile Now about Tanisha's good friend, Jess Strom... boo hoo! I hope someone has room for her somewhere... I was all set to have her on the Sun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: