RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Scheduling buzz
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beknighted

PostPosted: 04/26/07 4:30 pm    ::: Scheduling buzz Reply Reply with quote

This is just so we have something to talk about besides coaches "retiring" unexpectedly, not taking jobs after agreeing they would, taking jobs after signing extensions at their old jobs, etc., etc.

Anyway, what are people hearing about their teams' schedules for next year?

Word on the RU board is that, in games that are likely to be of some interest, the Scarlet Knights will be playing Maryland and Temple at home, plus Duke, George Washington, St. Joe's and maybe LSU on the road in OOC. (Shades of the old A-10 days in OOC, it seems.) On the BEast slate, besides the soon-to-be-traditional home and home with UConn, RU will be at home for DePaul, Louisville, Notre Dame, WVU and St. John's and on the road against Marquette, South Florida and Pitt. (And in news that matters mostly to me, RU will be playing at Georgetown this year.)

gopher5

PostPosted: 04/26/07 4:34 pm    ::: Re: Scheduling buzz Reply Reply with quote

The only thing I know about the Gophers schedule (besides the increase in Big 10 games) is that they are playing in a Thanksgiving tournament in Hawaii.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 04/26/07 5:12 pm    ::: Re: Scheduling buzz Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:

No more creampuff out of conf for Maryland...

http://dcbasketcases.blogspot.com/2007/04/there-wont-be-many-of-these-on-terps.html

Last edited by ripleydc on 07/23/07 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 04/27/07 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I heard at the Cal wbb banquet that the Bears would be playing Rutgers next season....perhaps that's a no-go, but I hope it does happen!!

kage

PostPosted: 04/27/07 1:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CalwbbFan wrote:
I heard at the Cal wbb banquet that the Bears would be playing Rutgers next season....perhaps that's a no-go, but I hope it does happen!!

Played at NJ or CA?

Anyone heard anything about the Duke schedule? I wonder if they'll actually end up doing the Texas/Duke match -- I heard maybe because of contract issues, they might have to do it...

sbjules

PostPosted: 04/27/07 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
No more creampuff out of conf for Maryland...

Hope not. They're playing at UCSB over Thanksgiving weekend. At least that's what was said at the banquet. USC will be our first home game. The staff is trying for another pac 10 home & home game--Arizona State? That would be fun.

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 04/27/07 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kage wrote:
CalwbbFan wrote:

Played at NJ or CA?

I heard at Rutgers, then next year home....I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's true!!!

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/27/07 4:21 pm    ::: Re: Scheduling buzz Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
This is just so we have something to talk about besides coaches "retiring" unexpectedly, not taking jobs after agreeing they would, taking jobs after signing extensions at their old jobs, etc., etc.

Word on the RU board is that, in games that are likely to be of some interest, the Scarlet Knights will be playing Maryland and Temple at home, plus Duke, George Washington, St. Joe's and maybe LSU on the road in OOC. (Shades of the old A-10 days in OOC, it seems.) On the BEast slate, besides the soon-to-be-traditional home and home with UConn, RU will be at home for DePaul, Louisville, Notre Dame, WVU and St. John's and on the road against Marquette, South Florida and Pitt. (And in news that matters mostly to me, RU will be playing at Georgetown this year.)

UCONN has Tenessee, UNC, Purdue, Virginia, South Carolina, Holy Cross, and the Paradise Jam this season...which includes Temple, Duke, Stanford, Purdue, and one other team.

In the BE, we have RU2X, DePaul, ND, Pitt, Louisville, and Nova all on the road.

Our schedule is going to be brutal this year.

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/30/07 3:17 pm    ::: Re: Scheduling buzz Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:

People who were at the RU banquet say that they also heard Tennessee and Stanford will be on the schedule. With the Cal game reported elsewhere in the thread and the games reported above, that's a pretty frightening lineup.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/30/07 3:21 pm    ::: Re: Scheduling buzz Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

UCONN has Tenessee, UNC, Purdue, Virginia, South Carolina, Holy Cross, and the Paradise Jam this season...which includes Temple, Duke, Stanford, Purdue, and one other team.

ODU is the other team.

dukemayo

PostPosted: 05/02/07 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I predict Sylvia Hatchell will schedule Elon, Western Carolina, Coastal Carolina, UNC-Wilmington, Wofford, Charleston Southern, Savannah State, South Carolina State, UNC-Asheville and then wish more people would buy season tickets.

beknighted

PostPosted: 05/03/07 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dukemayo wrote:
I predict Sylvia Hatchell will schedule Elon, Western Carolina, Coastal Carolina, UNC-Wilmington, Wofford, Charleston Southern, Savannah State, South Carolina State, UNC-Asheville and then wish more people would buy season tickets.

What, no Longwood?

ladydawgs96

PostPosted: 05/07/07 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DOn't know if this has already been posted:
The 2007 Junkaroo Jam will have Georgia, Alabama, USC, Virgina Tech, Prarie View, Eastern Michigan, Washington State and NC State.

http://www.basketballtravelers.com/pages/_brackets/women_junkanoo_07.htm

ladydawgs96

PostPosted: 05/22/07 6:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Two of the nation's premier women's players will square off when Georgia and Tasha Humphrey visit Oklahoma and Courtney Paris in a December matchup.

http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/052207/wbb_20070522065.shtml

Also on the schedule: Richmond, Ga Tech and Temple

dwalkfan22

PostPosted: 05/22/07 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Temple's in the paradise jam, @ Rutgers, @ Georgia, @ Maryland, and @ GA Tech.. from what i've been told. We'll see what else pops up.

PostPosted: 05/22/07 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dwalkfan22 wrote:
Temple's in the paradise jam, @ Rutgers, @ Georgia, @ Maryland, and @ GA Tech.. from what i've been told. We'll see what else pops up.

If there's truth to that schedule, then that's truly fucked up. My respect for Dawn would plummet.

Mathies to LA 2013
dwalkfan22

PostPosted: 05/22/07 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
dwalkfan22 wrote:

If there's truth to that schedule, then that's truly fucked up. My respect for Dawn would plummet.

UMD isn't for sure yet, I don't think.
But, why is that?

PostPosted: 05/22/07 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dwalkfan22 wrote:
But, why is that?

From my understanding, she and Debbie Ryan of UVA agreed to a home-and-home series for a few reasons. First, they agreed to a game last season in Charlottesville to help open up the school's new arena. Second, because 2007-08 is Sharnee's senior year and because she is from Philly, the two schools would play the return game up there. Plus, she makes it widely known that Dawn is her idol and she patterns her game after the way Dawn played in the ABL/international/WNBA. And she's on pace to break the ACC assist record that Dawn set 15 years ago.

To me, not scheduling the game would be the equivalent of a superstar rudely turning down a young fan's request for an autograph. It would be a pretty cruel thing to do.

Mathies to LA 2013
dwalkfan22

PostPosted: 05/22/07 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
dwalkfan22 wrote:
But, why is that?

From my understanding, she and Debbie Ryan of UVA agreed to a home-and-home series for a few reasons. First, they agreed to a game last season in Charlottesville to help open up the school's new arena. Second, because 2007-08 is Sharnee's senior year and because she is from Philly, the two schools would play the return game up there. Plus, she makes it widely known that Dawn is her idol and she patterns her game after the way Dawn played in the ABL/international/WNBA. And she's on pace to break the ACC assist record that Dawn set 15 years ago.

To me, not scheduling the game would be the equivalent of a superstar rudely turning down a young fan's request for an autograph. It would be a pretty cruel thing to do.

I feel what you're saying. I didn't say it wasn't scheduled though, if it is going to happen I just wasn't told.

PostPosted: 05/23/07 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was emailed to me by a Penn St. fan:

Penn State is hosting the “2007 WOMEN’S BASKETBALL COACHES CLASSIC Friday, November 9 to Sunday, November 11, 2007” according to the Bryce Jordan Center website http://www.bjc.psu.edu/Events/event.asp?event_code=110907&month=11&day=9&year=2007

I found a team list “Penn State hosting, Arizona, UNC-Charlotte and Pittsburgh.” … http://basketballtravelers.com/pages/w_wbca_div1.htm

Although no ‘official’ announcement from PSU on who is coming.

The format is rumored to be round robin 6 games, 2 games each day for the 3 dates, although the website shows that the 2006 format was an elimination with consolation, so only 4 games.

Should be a good start to Coquese’s career and some good TV time perhaps? Incidentally – PSU had this tournament scheduled long BEFORE rene was fired.

Kelli

PostPosted: 05/23/07 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Saw on the scroll at the bottom of the news that ND will be in the pre-season WNIT. I'll see if I can find more.

Edit: http://und.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/052307aaa.html

The 14th edition of the Preseason WNIT will feature a new format this fall, moving from the traditional single elimination bracket to a three-game guarantee format.

Among the other notable participants selected for this year's Preseason WNIT are 2006 NCAA champion Maryland, 2007 NCAA Final Four qualifier LSU, and 2005 national runner-up Michigan State. In addition, Delaware, TCU and Western Kentucky were either ranked or receiving votes in one or both major polls at some point last season. Rounding out the '07 Preseason WNIT field are: Delaware State, East Tennessee State, Evansville, IUPUI, Marshall, Miami (Ohio), Princeton, Radford and Samford.

Second Edit: There will be at least two games at ND.

http://southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070524/NDSports03/705240327

Last edited by Kelli on 05/25/07 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
gopherfan

PostPosted: 05/23/07 10:28 pm    ::: Re-Match of the Gophers vs. Bison Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
A re-match between the Minnesota Gophers and the North Dakota State Bison is tentatively set for Tuesday, November 20th, 2007 at Williams Arena.

http://www.fastbreakclub.net/

mikey87

PostPosted: 05/30/07 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My Lady Dawgs are traveling to Oklahoma in December to play against Paris and the crew... Should be an amazing matchup . 2 of the best players ( Humphrey and Paris) go head to head... Can't wait...

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 06/04/07 1:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heard at the Cal wbb parent/child bball clinic today that in addition to playing at Rutgers, Cal will host Baylor and Kansas (they played there last season).

kage

PostPosted: 06/04/07 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Awesome. Can't wait to see those games! Best of luck to the Bears. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: