RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

More on the US education system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 05/13/05 9:43 am    ::: More on the US education system Reply Reply with quote

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/13/opinion/13friedman.html?incamp=article_popular_4

PostPosted: 05/13/05 1:28 pm    ::: Re: More on the US education system Reply Reply with quote

friedman has always annoyed me. he's such a classic hypocritical neo-liberal. this op-ed piece is lined with the exact kind of subtle, "common sense" racism that led him to support the US attack on iraq the way he did.

Quote:
...a more focused, motivated team always beats a collection of more talented but complacent individuals.

there's an implication here that u.s. americans are more talented, even though the data in his article suggests otherwise. those chinese kids aren't smart or talented, they're just "focused".

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 05/13/05 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
But what was most interesting, the student told me, was that it was the Chinese students who introduced their U.S. counterparts to Skype. And, he noted, these Chinese students were not from major cities, like Beijing, but from smaller towns.

yikes...BCBG from a small town in brazil...introduced me to skype...that just makes me one big U.S. dope... Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: