RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Adia Barnes Feels Good After Turkey

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/30/05 3:39 am    ::: Adia Barnes Feels Good After Turkey Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

"My knee feels good," Barnes said. "It feels like it felt or better than before. I'm glad to finally have this feeling back. It gave me a lot of confidence playing on it in Turkey, playing 40 minutes a game and being healthy. So I'm happy. I feel good; I've gotten quicker. I feel ten times better than last year. It's a big difference."

The results were evident in Barnes' return to Seattle and the Storm.

"She's come back confident, she's come back in great shape," said Storm Coach Anne Donovan. "She'll get more comfortable. She was in our shooting practice last night, but this was the first time we've gotten to see her really go at. She did great."

http://www.wnba.com/storm/news/barnes050429.html

Looks like Adia will make the team! Cool I've been looking forward to seeing what she can do for a couple years now..

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 04/30/05 4:14 am    ::: Re: Adia Barnes Feels Good After Turkey Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Quote:

"My knee feels good," Barnes said. "It feels like it felt or better than before. I'm glad to finally have this feeling back. It gave me a lot of confidence playing on it in Turkey, playing 40 minutes a game and being healthy. So I'm happy. I feel good; I've gotten quicker. I feel ten times better than last year. It's a big difference."

The results were evident in Barnes' return to Seattle and the Storm.

"She's come back confident, she's come back in great shape," said Storm Coach Anne Donovan. "She'll get more comfortable. She was in our shooting practice last night, but this was the first time we've gotten to see her really go at. She did great."

http://www.wnba.com/storm/news/barnes050429.html

Looks like Adia will make the team! Cool I've been looking forward to seeing what she can do for a couple years now..

Now see I think that's funny! lol! That's funny, Admiral.

(I wish I felt good after turkey. I'm usually praying for one good deep breath for six hours.)

PostPosted: 04/30/05 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral...that's hilarious. And to add to that you had a pic of Adia in the old-school storm uni. Much coolness.

I saw a glimpse of what Adia can do back on May 30, '03 when the Storm beat the Sting. She had 12 points, and played really, really well. That's how I first noticed that she was even playing. I loved her defense in that game, too. So I decided at that point to pay more attention to her.

We all know what happened after that...so hopefully she'll show us how good she can be this season.

That is, if AD doesn't move LJ to the 3... Rolling Eyes

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 05/01/05 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:
Admiral...that's hilarious. And to add to that you had a pic of Adia in the old-school storm uni. Much coolness.

I saw a glimpse of what Adia can do back on May 30, '03 when the Storm beat the Sting. She had 12 points, and played really, really well. That's how I first noticed that she was even playing. I loved her defense in that game, too. So I decided at that point to pay more attention to her.

We all know what happened after that...so hopefully she'll show us how good she can be this season.

That is, if AD doesn't move LJ to the 3... Rolling Eyes

lol, well turkey makes everybody sleepy... Wink

Yeah, Adia has been quite versatile and I've always liked her game. Unfortunately, that injury halted her progress as a player, so I'm looking forward to seeing how she does this year. Cool

No doubt Donovan has to figure out what to do with all their SFs though... Confused They have 4, and I'd like to see all of them make the team: Alicia Thompson, Natalia Vodopyanova, Iziane Castro Marques, and Adia. Shocked

jimmyk

PostPosted: 05/01/05 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, for what it's worth...I eat as little turkey in November and December as I can possibly get. That way I pretty much always feel good after turkey. The secret is in how much of it you gobble up. Very Happy

Anyway, I'm hoping Adia makes the Storm...I think she can really help them, especially with all the newbies on the team this year. Also considering that she has more experience than most, if not all, of the team, that has to weigh in her favor. But a lot of people I've talked to in Seattle think she's a one-dimensional player, only good for defense and no scoring. When you consider last year, yeah. That's true. But she was still struggling with that knee and the brace, too.

The only thing I know about anyone other than Adia and Alicia is that Vodopyanova is playing with Sue Bird in Moscow. I've watched some of the FIBA version of Gametracker for a Dynamo game once in a while the last few months, but I haven't noticed Vodo that much...but it's kinda hard to notice anything when you're just watching a Gametracker.

As for Dynamo, that team Bird's playing for, they're getting spanked Shocked by Samara in the championship series in the Russian League. Samara won by 31 in Game 1, and 18 in Game 2. Three and four, if they need four, are played this week in Moscow. Not looking good for the Dynamo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: