RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Nothing could be finer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ballwinner

PostPosted: 04/23/05 8:35 pm    ::: Nothing could be finer Reply Reply with quote

This summer, I am looking to do a lovely internship in Charlotte. However, I do not have any friends or family in the 704 area. Therefore, I am seeking any advice on living in Carolina.

PostPosted: 04/24/05 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I lived in and around Charlotte from 1986-2002. What specifically would you like to know?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/25/05 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nothing could be finer than beating Carolina...

Lived in Durham for three years (Duke Law School). All we heard about Charlotte was the large number of strip clubs...and unfortunately, not male strip clubs.

Ballwinner

PostPosted: 04/25/05 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My first time in Charlotte was last week for my interview, and I only saw the Coliseum and Uptown areas.

It looks like I will be staying at UNC-Charlotte. Have you been on the campus before? What is the surrounding area like?

Will I have to learn about NASCAR? Do I have to now refer to it as the "War Between the States" instead of the "Civil War"? What is Charlotte most proud of? What is Charlotte most sensitive to?

Since it's an unpaid internship, are any of the strip clubs hiring? I would prefer one with very poor lighting. Smile

PostPosted: 04/25/05 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ballwinner wrote:
My first time in Charlotte was last week for my interview, and I only saw the Coliseum and Uptown areas.

It looks like I will be staying at UNC-Charlotte. Have you been on the campus before? What is the surrounding area like?

Will I have to learn about NASCAR? Do I have to now refer to it as the "War Between the States" instead of the "Civil War"? What is Charlotte most proud of? What is Charlotte most sensitive to?

Since it's an unpaid internship, are any of the strip clubs hiring? I would prefer one with very poor lighting. Smile

Well for one, there is an Uptown, but no Downtown... Orange construction cones generally outnumber the pedestrians in the business district, and you'd think that the city was named after a woman who was French, but it's not Wink

Slovydal

PostPosted: 04/25/05 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UNC's campus is very nice. It's one of the only colleges where I've gone to a game on a Sunday and found plenty of places to eat (that were open - lol!)
Duke is just 9 miles away - very classy campus. Bring a good book and find a quiet place to sit...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: