RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Shameka Christon, Barb Farris and Loree (Mention)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 10/20/06 4:31 am    ::: Shameka Christon, Barb Farris and Loree (Mention) Reply Reply with quote

At least now I know that these three are still in NY, hopefully they are working out with the coaches (or whomever). Cool

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061019/SPORTS01/610190381/1044/SPORTS

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 10/20/06 5:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AWWW....nice to read a tidbit of news about the New York Liberty....
meka, meka, meka....can't hardly wait for next year.

i was reminded about the Liberty yesterday as i was walking to my car after a grueling day in NYC....across the street from the NY Waterway ferry was the Hudson/Bergen Light Rail train that was emblazoned with the NYL logo just pulling into the Weehawken station.....

Ah New York, you're tough, but beautiful...

Signed,
a biased new york/new jersey bi-stater transplanted from the midwest...

Note to those with coastal complexes...did i mention that i came from a line of farmers and railroad men...not everybody who lives in the world's financial capital comes from a background of priviledge...some of us have scraped our way up...

PostPosted: 10/20/06 9:32 am    ::: Re: Shameka Christon, Barb Farris and Loree (Mention) Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta33 wrote:
At least now I know that these three are still in NY, hopefully they are working out with the coaches (or whomever). Cool

Unless our new assistant coach is Coach Cognac, I doubt it. Although considering the other options on the bench, he's probably better for the job.
BCBG25

PostPosted: 10/20/06 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meka has to go overseas, she has improved each year because of her overseas play. She can't be wasting (literally) in NY during the offseason.

PostPosted: 10/20/06 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Meka has to go overseas, she has improved each year because of her overseas play. She can't be wasting (literally) in NY during the offseason.

I agree. Loree's the one I keep bumping into at the library though.
BCBG25

PostPosted: 10/20/06 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

If Spoon and Tim could work with Loree in the offseason, I'd be willing to bet she makes the 2nd team next year and is in the top 3 in assists.

PostPosted: 10/20/06 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
harlem_basketball wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

If Spoon and Tim could work with Loree in the offseason, I'd be willing to bet she makes the 2nd team next year and is in the top 3 in assists.

It definitely helped Becky. She might not be who you want running your team, but at least we don't cringe anymore when she brings the ball up the floor. I used to say a silent prayer when she was a brunette.

I don't know about 2nd team for Loree given my feelings on all-W voting, but since there aren't too many good point guards in the league anyway, it's not a stretch to believe she could definitely be one of the best on a nightly basis. She showed flashes.

I don't know if she is working with them (I'm not sure what's up with their workouts) or if anyone in the organization has the foresight to make it happen but it's a possibility. I wouldn't be surprised if she was. Considering that's what Becky was doing between W and NWBL season in the past, one would think they'd make it happen with Loree.
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 10/20/06 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tim can also work with Christon with her ballhandling before she heads overseas, which I'm sure will be in January (or a little before).

PostPosted: 10/20/06 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

I'm sure Meka is going overseas, probably in January. I can't wait to find out where she'll be playing, some of those teams in Italy look like they could use her scoring..

PostPosted: 10/20/06 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
If Spoon and Tim could work with Loree in the offseason,

...doing for free what Patty and Nick get paid to do.

I agree though. I don't want Patty anywhere near Loree.

PostPosted: 10/20/06 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
harlem_basketball wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

Our posts would have to learn how to make a layup before she will ever be top 3 in assists.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: