RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Breaking News: Alexander wants to sell the Houston Comets.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
comets2207

PostPosted: 10/20/06 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
comets2207 wrote:
5. I agree ... I just posted on another board that Hofheinz is too limited b/c it only seats 8500 and we averaged around 8000 last year ... I think that we need to aim a little higher than a 500 person increase

The Comets averaged ~7600. They were about 500/game up from 2005, which was the largest increase in the league.

thanks Pilight ...

the point still being that there's not much room to grow if you go to a stadium with a capacity of 8,500.

PostPosted: 10/20/06 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just curious, where do the Rice & U-Houston women play most of their games?

cometsdrivefor5

PostPosted: 10/20/06 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

I know Rice has it's own b-ball arena and I THINK UofH does also it I'm not mistaken Confused

Grandmasterflash and the Furious Five
comets2207

PostPosted: 10/20/06 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

they have their own stadiums ... Hofheinz (which is what has been suggested with the 8500 seating capacity) is where U of H plays ... I don't know the capacity at Rice, but I'll go look it up Smile

here's the link to Hofheinz: http://uhcougars.cstv.com/facilities/hou-hofh_box.html

edit ... here's a link to Rice Autry Ct.: http://riceowls.cstv.com/facilities/autry-court.html

permanent seating capacity of 5,000 and up to 5,600

PostPosted: 10/20/06 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

comets2207 wrote:
stever wrote:

they have their own stadiums ... Hofheinz (which is what has been suggested with the 8500 seating capacity) is where U of H plays ... I don't know the capacity at Rice, but I'll go look it up Smile

edit ... here's a link to Rice Autry Ct.: http://riceowls.cstv.com/facilities/autry-court.html

Do Hofheinz have those hard ass seats with no backs?

I remember about Rice because that is one of the reasons I stopped going to those Stealth games.

comets2207

PostPosted: 10/20/06 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MsTena-T wrote:
comets2207 wrote:
stever wrote:

I remember about Rice because that is one of the reasons I stopped going to those Stealth games.

I don't think so ... I just added the link above (after you posted) and they say they have padded seats:

http://uhcougars.cstv.com/facilities/hou-hofh_box.html

PostPosted: 10/20/06 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

comets2207 wrote:
MsTena-T wrote:
comets2207 wrote:
stever wrote:

I don't think so ... I just added the link above (after you posted) and they say they have padded seats:

http://uhcougars.cstv.com/facilities/hou-hofh_box.html

Oh WOW...I guess I haven't been to Hofheinz since my YOUNGER days...I don't recall it being so NICE Very Happy

COMETFEVER

PostPosted: 10/20/06 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a good Friday morning!! Seems we all have the same thing in mind. The only draw back I see is staying at TC. After finding out all the money I have put into Les's pocket, concessions, just makes me ill. I want the team out of there! I, and I hope the rest of you, could suck it up for a year, and make the best of where Mac puts us. And yes, I would prefer Mac to get the team. JMO, right now. That dream list just made my day NK!! And thanks for the explanation 2207, but I had that one figured out! I just want good things to happen for the Comets, seems like they have been dealing with a world of problems, all to themselves, that they didn't ask for! Keeping my fingers crossed! And I also agree, Yoko over Godzilla!

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 10/20/06 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Autry Court at Rice has all the Old School charm of a place like Cameron Indoor...at least the lower sections. When I went to Durham last month, the intimacy of Cameron reminded me immediately of Autry Court.

Hofheinz is a great facility...I love the fact that it is round, no corner seating issues. And yes, the seating is theater-style, compared to bleachers or hard plastic seats.

Let me just say that if the new owner, whomever it ends up being, does not replace VC as the HC/GM, the Comets will be blessed to fill the Aldine School District's Ninth Grade School's Gym. Period.

Lots to be done, that's for sure. And I think NK is helping us be diligent about how everything has to fall together for the maximum result. Not only do we have the discontent with the coaching staff situation, now the selling of the team, along with major free agent signings to get done. Nothing can happen until after the first of the year on negotiation with FA's...but, if VC is out, and no one else has been promoted up...and ownership is in a lurch...could have some things fall through the cracks.

Still hopeful, and still wanting to take it back in H-town.

PostPosted: 10/20/06 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

COMETFEVER wrote:
What a good Friday morning!! Seems we all have the same thing in mind. The only draw back I see is staying at TC. After finding out all the money I have put into Les's pocket, concessions, just makes me ill. I want the team out of there! I, and I hope the rest of you, could suck it up for a year, and make the best of where Mac puts us. And yes, I would prefer Mac to get the team. JMO, right now. That dream list just made my day NK!! And thanks for the explanation 2207, but I had that one figured out! I just want good things to happen for the Comets, seems like they have been dealing with a world of problems, all to themselves, that they didn't ask for! Keeping my fingers crossed! And I also agree, Yoko over Godzilla!

ARE U KIDDING ME!!! I can't speak for anyone else but I don't give a fig newton if we played at Fonde Rec Center...Of course I'm exaggerating a tad bit!!! LOL... Very Happy

comets2207

PostPosted: 10/20/06 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cometsdrivefor5 wrote:
COMETFEVER wrote:

ARE U KIDDING ME!!! I can't speak for anyone else but I don't give a fig newton if we played at Fonde Rec Center...Of course I'm exaggerating a tad bit!!! LOL... Very Happy

and where did anyone say they WOULDN'T go wherever the Comets play? discussing the best possible venue for the Comets doesn't mean we won't support them wherever they go ... it's not about sucking it up ... it's about getting somewhere that the team can grow the attendance. I'm with NK on this one - I want to see the place packed out with those 11,000 + crowds again - preferably even more.

PostPosted: 10/20/06 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They hit 11,000 on kids days alone...just think if the regulars showed up for those day games, too.

This is a very important issue, and I am sure the prospective buyers will have to deal with whatever Les throws out there on this subject. We probably won't know until the deal is done.

PostPosted: 10/20/06 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cometsdrivefor5 wrote:
ARE U KIDDING ME!!! I can't speak for anyone else but I don't give a fig newton if we played at Fonde Rec Center...Of course I'm exaggerating a tad bit!!! LOL... :D

Mmmmm...

fig newtons!

cometsdrivefor5

PostPosted: 10/20/06 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
cometsdrivefor5 wrote:

Mmmmm...

fig newtons!

Yeah, they're my FAVORITES Slovy Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: