RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lib's Rebecca Richman does not get NBA TV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/21/05 11:40 am    ::: Lib's Rebecca Richman does not get NBA TV Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Richman does not get NBA TV, which was carrying the second and third rounds of the Draft, so she decided to head to Brooklyn from Rutgers to visit her sister and niece. On the way, she got a call from a teammate who told her she had been drafted. The 6' 5" Brooklyn native was extremely excited - "I'm a New York City girl drafted to the New York Liberty! It doesn't get any better than that!"

Half-way across the country, Pool was not following the Draft on television, but rather was helping a friend prepare food for a banquet at the University of Michigan.

With the 10th pick in Saturday's Draft, the Liberty selected Moore from the University of Tennessee. The 22-year old guard was on her couch watching the Draft with teammate Alexis Hornbuckle. "The first thing that went through my mind was 'Hey, that's me! That is my name!'" said the Lakewood, CA native.

http://www.wnba.com/liberty/news/DraftReaction.html

So it looks like Loree Moore was just as suprised as we were... Idea

MSUstudent31

PostPosted: 04/21/05 12:14 pm    ::: Re: Lib's Rebecca Richman does not get NBA TV Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Quote:

Richman does not get NBA TV, which was carrying the second and third rounds of the Draft, so she decided to head to Brooklyn from Rutgers to visit her sister and niece. On the way, she got a call from a teammate who told her she had been drafted. The 6' 5" Brooklyn native was extremely excited - "I'm a New York City girl drafted to the New York Liberty! It doesn't get any better than that!"

Half-way across the country, Pool was not following the Draft on television, but rather was helping a friend prepare food for a banquet at the University of Michigan.

With the 10th pick in Saturday's Draft, the Liberty selected Moore from the University of Tennessee. The 22-year old guard was on her couch watching the Draft with teammate Alexis Hornbuckle. "The first thing that went through my mind was 'Hey, that's me! That is my name!'" said the Lakewood, CA native.

http://www.wnba.com/liberty/news/DraftReaction.html

So it looks like Loree Moore was just as suprised as we were... Idea

And Chelsea said she watched the draft on the internet..I guess they dont get cable at rutgers..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: