RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sun Say Goodbye To Palmer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/20/05 9:26 am    ::: Sun Say Goodbye To Palmer Reply Reply with quote

Can't find it online yet, but today's Hartford Courant has an article where Mike T. is quoted as saying no room for Wendy, and had she signed the contract they sent her, she would have been cut after the Margo trade.

Futrell's injury is bad; he expects she'll need surgery and be out for the season.

He also said there are four guards going for two positions behind Whalen: Jen D, Conlon, Montanana, and Valek.

A slew of players are reporting late again this year, but prior to regular season, including Taj, KT Douglas, Jen D.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 04/20/05 9:35 am    ::: Re: Sun Say Goodbye To Palmer Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Can't find it online yet, but today's Hartford Courant has an article where Mike T. is quoted as saying no room for Wendy, and had she signed the contract they sent her, she would have been cut after the Margo trade.

maybe the mystics can find a home for CT's cast-off Wahoo.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/20/05 9:49 am    ::: Re: Sun Say Goodbye To Palmer Reply Reply with quote

Interesting ... just a few months after winning the MIP award. Will she end up somewhere or is Palmer done? I have never been to impressed with her, but surely someone will pick her.

Four guard for two spots. I like Jen and Valek's chances for that, unless Jen is hurt by coming to camp late. I don't know much about Montanana, but I can't imagine Conlon making this team over her.

DTS, was there any word on whether Futrell would be on IR all year, or suspended, like Mahoney?

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 04/20/05 10:01 am    ::: Re: Sun Say Goodbye To Palmer Reply Reply with quote

I think the Libs could use her...they'll get rid of anyone who wasn't on last year's team (or whose name isn't Loree Moore) so why the hell not?

ripleydc wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

maybe the mystics can find a home for CT's cast-off Wahoo.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/20/05 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's not old enough for The Comets to sign her.

Maybe Seattle?

PostPosted: 04/20/05 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTS, was there any word on whether Futrell would be on IR all year, or suspended, like Mahoney?

Not specifically, but I would think it would be a situation like Brooke last year, since she is under contract, and would need to go on IR.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 04/20/05 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since when is Montanana a guard?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/20/05 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

you're right; there's another article in another paper, that says he hopes to sign one more guard, to make 4 guards for 2 spots! Hartford Courant just sucks!

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/20/05 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The MIP Curse strikes again! Kelly Miller, watch your back and stay away from mirrors, black cats, and ladders with space to walk under!

Poor Candace Futrell. Am I the only one with the mental image of Maria Conlon holding a voodoo doll and celebrating? (I don't have malicious intent; I just recall some of her more... impolitic remarks after last year's draft.)

PostPosted: 04/20/05 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
The MIP Curse strikes again! Kelly Miller, watch your back and stay away from mirrors, black cats, and ladders with space to walk under!

Poor Candace Futrell. Am I the only one with the mental image of Maria Conlon holding a voodoo doll and celebrating? (I don't have malicious intent; I just recall some of her more... impolitic remarks after last year's draft.)

I was surprised she got a call.

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 04/20/05 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
you're right; there's another article in another paper, that says he hopes to sign one more guard, to make 4 guards for 2 spots! Hartford Courant just sucks!

on the FA list are theyre any guards left? Has Ruthie Bolton signed yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: