RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Instead of potentially joining the ’ World Championship team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icey23

PostPosted: 10/01/06 12:12 am    ::: Instead of potentially joining the ’ World Championship team Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Instead of potentially joining the ’ World Championship team in Barveri, for the start of preliminary round play in the 2006 FIBA World Championship, Fowles is perfectly content with her present situation — working herself back from shoulder surgery and practicing with her LSU teammates.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/featured/3896241.html?showAll=y&c=y

So Fowles could of been with team USA.

PostPosted: 10/01/06 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Before the start training camp, Team USA coach Anne Donovan contacted LSU coach Pokey Chatman about having Fowles join the team as a reserve in practice with an eye toward securing a place on the team.

That was even before Team learned they would be without the services of both Lisa Leslie and Yolanda Griffith, two of the team’s top post players.

Said Donovan: “In just a short period of time I was able to work with Sylvia, she showed in that time she’s a tremendous young talent that is going to help our national team program at the next level.”

“I wasn’t that disappointed because I knew coach Chatman made the right move for me to stay here,” Fowles said. “I’m going to be even hungrier to go out and show them (USA Basketball) I haven’t lost anything and I want to give them another look to put me on the team.”

To quote Sophia Petrillo, 'Picture this. Beijing, 2008...

'And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold, there came four chariots from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass.'

'Leslie, Parker, Ford, and Fowles... '

Death, Famine, War and Pestilence.

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 10/01/06 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The World Championships run through Sept. 23, meaning Fowles could have missed up to three weeks of classes had she been selected to play.

This was the primary (sole?) reason...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: