RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Question on Roster Limit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
monarchgamespictaker

PostPosted: 04/19/05 12:21 pm    ::: Question on Roster Limit Reply Reply with quote

Everyone is posting mock rosters with 12 players. It was my understanding that if the team had the Cap Room available, then they could have 13 players, (11 active and 2 IR). Am I in error?

PostPosted: 04/19/05 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No, you are correct, but it is only in rare cases where a team will keep 2 players on the IR. If they have cap room, it's a lot more likely.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/19/05 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is also this situation to consider:

For the 2005 season, Mahoney will be placed on a suspended-medically inactive list so she will not count against the Sun's salary cap. She will stay in Kansas to finish out the semester, which ends on May 13, and begin some conditioning work on the injured ankle. She will also try to work on finishing up her degree in family studies.
She will then join the Sun later this summer to begin working under the watchful eyes of team trainer Georgia Fischer and strength and conditioning coach Lisa Ciaravella.

so the Sun can still put Futrell on IR, and have another player + Mahoney for this year and be at 11.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: