RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LAY-UP LINE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SFO

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:45 pm    ::: LAY-UP LINE Reply Reply with quote

When the SHOCK go on the road, the fans jaws will drop when we come out with 6'6", 6'5", 6'5", 6'3", 6'3", and then get to Cash.
Maybe we'll have Nolan dunk leading off just to set the tone.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:56 pm    ::: Re: LAY-UP LINE Reply Reply with quote

SFO wrote:
When the SHOCK go on the road, the fans jaws will drop when we come out with 6'6", 6'5", 6'5", 6'3", 6'3", and then get to Cash.

Getting a little soft with your old age, are ya? I thought you weren't fond of that ideal

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
pilight

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, you're saying it wouldn't have mattered if Temeka Johnson were on the board. Wink

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good memory. I am not at all excited with Nolan dunking. Smaller players trying for the reach expose themselves to injury. Thought it sounded good though.

MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:59 pm    ::: Re: LAY-UP LINE Reply Reply with quote

SFO wrote:

I suggest Orender monitors that situation. I am all for seeing Ford, Braxton and Cash upfront, but their mentors (Lambeer and Mahorn) on the sideline can lead this frontline to a low standard. I am familiar with the careers of those two players.

SFO

PostPosted: 04/17/05 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We would not have drafted Johnson.

boilerjay

PostPosted: 04/17/05 9:03 pm    ::: Re: LAY-UP LINE Reply Reply with quote

SFO wrote:

Purdue's lineup in 2007 will look the same - 6'6, 6'6, 6'4, 6'4, 6'4. Smile

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 04/17/05 9:56 pm    ::: Re: LAY-UP LINE Reply Reply with quote

SFO wrote:

If only Blaze could bring in some players with that height and strength, we do have Amisha Carter. SFO, since you had Carter on you team last season, what are you thoughts on her?

inky

PostPosted: 04/18/05 12:53 am    ::: Re: LAY-UP LINE Reply Reply with quote

SFO wrote:

It's not the meat, it's the motion, honey. Very Happy

herrade

PostPosted: 04/18/05 5:54 am    ::: Re: LAY-UP LINE Reply Reply with quote

SFO wrote:

and with the kind of off-season your players have been having, i fear that a lot of opposing teams' jaws are going to be sore. play nice with that height. you know what everyone thinks of LA...

PostPosted: 04/18/05 6:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Starting the trash talk a little early this year, aren't you? Wink

But wow, y'all are gonna have some serious height out there when Jackson plays the point. 5'11" and 6'0" in the backcourt... yeesh, I think that's about the height of the Liberty frontcourt. Wonder if this is the next step in the growth of the game...

PostPosted: 04/18/05 6:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
But wow, y'all are gonna have some serious height out there when Jackson plays the point. 5'11" and 6'0" in the backcourt.

Jackson is 5'9".

Deanna Nolan is certainly not 6'0". When I saw her in person, she looked about 5'10" (or that could be poor eyesight).
Queenie

PostPosted: 04/18/05 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Woo-hoo! I'm going crazy! I could have *sworn* I read she was 5'11"; I know she was called a forward when she was drafted, and the only time I've ever seen anyone try to claim a 5'9" player was a forward was when the Spoons were in the backcourt and VJ was the small forward.

As for Tweety, I'm going by what the roster says, since I've never been good at eyeballing heights. (Heck, I can't even figure out how tall *I* am!)

PostPosted: 04/18/05 9:27 am    ::: Re: LAY-UP LINE Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
SFO wrote:

and with the kind of off-season your players have been having, i fear that a lot of opposing teams' jaws are going to be sore. play nice with that height. you know what everyone thinks of LA...

I second that...a new generation of fresh elbows and dirty picks awaits us...prolly will make us miss *gulp* Mabika.

PostPosted: 04/18/05 10:01 am    ::: Re: LAY-UP LINE Reply Reply with quote

Wasn't last year's Shock supposed to be the second coming as well? Forgive me if I am skeptical.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 04/18/05 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I personally am much more excited about the additions of Braxton, Ivey, and Jackson than I was Chandi and Iciss. I loved Iciss at Duke, but she doesn't do much for me in the pros. Chandi was an exciting prospect, but may have been thrown into the fire a little too quickly perhaps with the dynamics of the Shock already thrown off with the loss of KHC.

Braxton is a big girl like Iciss, but always seemed to have a little more fire under her. Dionnah Jackson as well as Niele Ivey are more of real point guards who will probably do a better job of giving EP a rest, in addition Chandi will get to focus on being Nolan's backup and won't have to play the point.

I wonder if Lake is the guard that the Mystics are close to signing. Regardless, with Swin back in shape, a still-deep post rotation, and solid additions to the guard core, I am still just concerned about who will be playing behind Swin in case of further injury. There is no other true three unless Nikita Bell makes the team. I don't know if the thought is to have Nolan step to the 3 for a smaller lineup or to have Cheryl step to the 3 for a bigger one, but neither seems exactly enticing to me. I would prefer the former, and maybe that could work.

Last edited by Alepp03 on 04/18/05 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/18/05 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Deanna Nolan is certainly not 6'0". When I saw her in person, she looked about 5'10" (or that could be poor eyesight).

Being drunk at Majerle's has a tendency to create poor eyesight. Shocked

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 04/18/05 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Woo-hoo! I'm going crazy! I could have *sworn* I read she was 5'11"; I know she was called a forward when she was drafted, and the only time I've ever seen anyone try to claim a 5'9" player was a forward was when the Spoons were in the backcourt and VJ was the small forward.

As for Tweety, I'm going by what the roster says, since I've never been good at eyeballing heights. (Heck, I can't even figure out how tall *I* am!)

VJ isn't even 5'9", she said herself that she's 5'8".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: