RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

SFO, great job yesterday!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 04/17/05 7:04 am    ::: SFO, great job yesterday! Reply Reply with quote

I cannot freakin' believe you got Braxton at #7 & Jackson at 13. Will their roles this year be much like Chandi & Iciss last year?...watch & learn?

Steve in Brighton

SFO

PostPosted: 04/17/05 7:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While I expect that both will contribute, Jackson will have the better opportunity early to play. Especially when most of our guards will arrive late to camp.
Braxton will spend most of camp getting in game shape, but by the end of the year, I think it will be hard to keep her off the floor.

Sass

PostPosted: 04/17/05 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That Tillis trade was a great idea for both teams. I guess she didn't produce like you wanted, did she.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
mysticsfan07

PostPosted: 04/17/05 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SFO, I am Dionnah Jackson's #1 fan. I love her game, and I know you are going to love the way she plays. What position are you planning to use her at? Thanks.

SFO

PostPosted: 04/17/05 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ice loves DC and will be very happy there. The reputation of our franchise is that we take care of our players and this trade is another example.
Jackson was MY #1 rated PG for our system.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/17/05 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Then why the comments about missing out on Haynie?

Alepp03

PostPosted: 04/17/05 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mysticfan07, I will have to battle you for being Dionnah's #1 fan... I'm a St. Louisan, and I have been raving about her for a while Very Happy

Regardless, Dionnah and Niele on the same team, HOLY COW!

SFO, can you elaborate on the current thoughts of the roles these two players will have? Will DJ play some 2? How's Chandi doing?

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Re Haynie....there is no doubt that Haynie is a fine player and would have been a great addition to our team. There was great sentiment (sp?) to take her within our fan base, media, and organization. Sometimes that wins out in pro sports (Cleaves).
If you were the Shock, and Braxton was taken at 6, who would you have taken at 7?

pilight

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SFO wrote:
If you were the Shock, and Braxton was taken at 6, who would you have taken at 7?

Does that mean Temeka Johnson would still be on the board?

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Re Jackson....We drafted a PG in this draft to compete for the long term starting job. Young guards need to grow into their bodies to copete in our league (ex. Nolan) so it may take a couple of years for her to mature. Our system of PG is to push the ball, attack the rim, lead our defense, rebound, and take the open perimiter shot when teams sag on our dominant post game. Dionnah fits those qualities. From what I understand, Niele and Dionnah are friends from way back.
As for Chandi, she will back up Nolan and keep learning how to make an impact in the WNBA.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chandi's cool.
I hope she stays with the Shock long term.
Your team is LOADED, SFO!

Alepp03

PostPosted: 04/17/05 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just a little confused... Dionnah will have an opportunity to play a lot but is a long term starting PG project... is what I got from your previous posts. Where does that leave Niele? Solid present backup to EP who has played in the league and has a little more experience? Is there any sort of a long term thought on Niele?

I am from St. Louis, with the addition of these two gals the Shock have moved up to my favorite team, although I will never let go of the Comets. I am really excited for the season. Niele and Dionnah are great competitors and I hope have the chance to win a championship with the Shock this year!

PostPosted: 04/17/05 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:
Re Jackson....We drafted a PG in this draft to compete for the long term starting job. Young guards need to grow into their bodies to copete in our league (ex. Nolan) so it may take a couple of years for her to mature. Our system of PG is to push the ball, attack the rim, lead our defense, rebound, and take the open perimiter shot when teams sag on our dominant post game. Dionnah fits those qualities. From what I understand, Niele and Dionnah are friends from way back.

I'm glad to hear that you think so highly of Dionnah. I had thought before the draft that Dionnah would be a good fit in your system, but I didn't think you would draft her b/c there was so much talk that you were after a PG who could really shoot the three. Dionnah isn't a great three point shooter, but she is WAY better than Powell.

Quote:
mysticfan07, I will have to battle you for being Dionnah's #1 fan... I'm a St. Louisan, and I have been raving about her for a while

OK.... I guess we can be co-#1 fans of Dionnah. Very Happy

Alepp03

PostPosted: 04/17/05 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eh, I suppose we can see how that works. Wonder if ballwinner has seen DJ play.

PostPosted: 04/17/05 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:

Who is ballwinner? I don't recognize that screen name.

swok34

PostPosted: 04/17/05 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan......do you live in DC? How did you become an ?OU fan? Or rather maybe I should say, "Stacey Dales and Dionnah Jackson fan?

I LOVE DJ.........I still remember how seamlessly she fit coming in her freshmen year with the likes of Stacey Dales, Caufield, Roz Ross, Caton Hill.....Dionnah came in and it seemed like she had always been the 6th man. What an awesome young woman she has been at OU; she did whatever Sherri asked of her.

I think she was a very good 3-point shooter when the pressure wasn't on her to "be THE three point shooter". Without going into OU's story the last three years....DJ has always been the "fixture of consistency".

Ballwinner

PostPosted: 04/18/05 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:

I went to Marquette High School, which is in the Suburban West Conference along with Jackson's Parkway West. P*West is actually in my 'hood of Ballwin, and our house was just a block away from the district line.

To be honest, I don't really remember Jackson much from high school. I only played my first half of high school and didn't stick around for varsity. Keyaira* Stepps was our Mustang star that overshadowed any of the Longwhores Smile My UConn loyalty also was a bit too strong in the Final Four but was still excited for the local kid.

With the transactions of last week, I am all the more frustrated with the fact that I have to graduate on the day of the Shock-Lynx exhibition in KC.

*I am totally blanking on the spelling.

PostPosted: 04/18/05 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

swok34 wrote:
Mysticsfan......do you live in DC? How did you become an ?OU fan? Or rather maybe I should say, "Stacey Dales and Dionnah Jackson fan?

I LOVE DJ.........I still remember how seamlessly she fit coming in her freshmen year with the likes of Stacey Dales, Caufield, Roz Ross, Caton Hill.....Dionnah came in and it seemed like she had always been the 6th man. What an awesome young woman she has been at OU; she did whatever Sherri asked of her.

I think she was a very good 3-point shooter when the pressure wasn't on her to "be THE three point shooter". Without going into OU's story the last three years....DJ has always been the "fixture of consistency".

I'm a big OU fan (live in ok). I agree Dionnah will do whatever the team asks of her, she proved that an endless amount of times at OU. There was so much pressure on her, especially her Soph. year.

swok34

PostPosted: 04/18/05 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Somewhere it was mentioned this year here in Norman...either Sherri's radio show or an interview with D that what she wanted to be when she got into high school............was a cheerleader.

I think her sister played with Niele Ivey and Dionnah tagged along when they were playing BB. And that's how Dionnah was introduced to basketball. I seem to remember that she wasn't high on anyone's radar in High School, and only really showed her skill the last couple of years in HS.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 04/18/05 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ballwinner wrote:
With the transactions of last week, I am all the more frustrated with the fact that I have to graduate on the day of the Shock-Lynx exhibition in KC.

Ballwinner, check the time on the exhibition game: you may be able to graduate in the morning and attend the game in the evening. (I'm introducing our graduation speaker the afternoon of May 14, then heading to the Lynx-Sun preseason game that night.)

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/18/05 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mysticsfan07 wrote:
Alepp03 wrote:

Who is ballwinner? I don't recognize that screen name.

Ballwinner is Beth Coppin! She won the WNBA Virtual GM in 2004! Shocked Arrow

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatWNBA?event_id=6171

Ballwinner

PostPosted: 04/18/05 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
Ballwinner wrote:

Ballwinner, check the time on the exhibition game: you may be able to graduate in the morning and attend the game in the evening. (I'm introducing our graduation speaker the afternoon of May 14, then heading to the Lynx-Sun preseason game that night.)

I was certainly tempted. However, I am a Resident Assistant, so I have to spend my evening making sure my floor is moving out in an orderly fashion.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: