RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

just replayed the draft and . . .
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 04/16/05 9:33 pm    ::: just replayed the draft and . . . Reply Reply with quote

coupla things i didn't flash on the first time, such as:

did you guys notice the swoopes jersey (ever so carefully) draped on the chair behind chance while he was being interviewed? what was up with that?

and speaking of chance, he remarked that folks were expecting him to take a guard, but he was gonna take the best player available . . . was that him being ornery just to spite the world? and why didn't he take a point guard? his own answer to that sounded like he was gonna just "go fish."

did anyone else notice that annie meyers spoke out of turn about the feenstra trade? she was talking about sass and said something about feenstra, before it was supposed to have been announced.

PostPosted: 04/16/05 9:35 pm    ::: Re: just replayed the draft and . . . Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:

did you guys notice the swoopes jersey (ever so carefully) draped on the chair behind chance while he was being interviewed? what was up with that?

I noticed that too..I tought it was pretty funny..

LJFan

PostPosted: 04/16/05 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also noticed they put Tan White's stats up as McCarville's stats. You'd think they could get the first pick's stats correct.

Kelli

PostPosted: 04/17/05 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did you notice the video on the tv in the Phoenix war room BEFORE their pick was announced? I knew before the announcement that they were taking Sandora just by that video.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/17/05 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not true, Kelli. They were watching tape of both players until the very end.

Kelli

PostPosted: 04/17/05 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The last player on the video before they cut away to announce the pick was Sandora Irvin. I made the call based on that and I was right.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/17/05 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
The last player on the video before they cut away to announce the pick was Sandora Irvin. I made the call based on that and I was right.

And I was IN THE ROOM. There were tapes of both players. They were looking at both.

Kelli

PostPosted: 04/17/05 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once again you fail to see the forest for the trees.

It DOESN'T matter what you saw in the ROOM!!! I could care less what you saw in the room. I obviously wasn't in the room so you should know that I'm only talking about (and the thread is about) what was seen on TV. I didn't tape the draft, so I am only going on what I saw and that was ONLY Sandora Irvin on the video just before they cut away and made the announcement.

I guess thie one good thing about this is that it's keeping you from finding some more innocent-til-proven-guilty people to call homophobic.

inky

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dayumn, girl. What the hell did what you just said mean? Rolling Eyes

wadethered

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, I always thought she was a little...disproportionate...in her Lady Vols uni, but DAMN Shyra Ely's got a big butt...

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wadethered wrote:
Ok, I always thought she was a little...disproportionate...in her Lady Vols uni, but DAMN Shyra Ely's got a big butt...

Quote:
Auburn forward Louise Emeagi had to contend with Ely and complimented her presence, albeit in a rather unflattering manner.

"I know I struggled big time covering Ely,'' Emeagi said. "Her booty is just so big. I've never seen anything like it. She was able to box me out and I wasn't able to do anything about it.''

Kelli

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:
Dayumn, girl. What the hell did what you just said mean? Rolling Eyes

I'm guessing that you're talking to me, so I'll answer.

Cam was apparently in the Phoenix war room during the draft. He is basing his statements on that and telling me that I'm wrong in what I saw on TV. Well, it doesn't matter what Cam saw in the war room, becasue that doesn't mean that they showed it on TV. He doesn't seem to see the difference.

Just like he didn't see the difference when he made a statement about "Falwell's homophobes". By saying that he was calling all of the players, coaches, staff, and students of Liberty University homophobes, when he doesn't know that to be true. He failed to see that you may go to a school or work at a school for reasons besides what the founder believes.

inky

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think he was just saying that what you interpreted as significant, based on the small snippet you saw on the ESPN2 broadcast, was not in any way indicative of which player was to be chosen first. It was merely a coincidence that one player's image was shown rather than the other when they cut away.

It's good for this board - and nosy people like me - that people like Cam can go places we can't, and are willing to share their experiences. We should be grateful, not angry.

BTW, I fail to see what Jerry Falwell's role is in this matter.

Kelli

PostPosted: 04/17/05 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Then Cam needed to say that. Not come back that I was wrong and that they were watching tape of two players up until the end.

inky wrote:

BTW, I fail to see what Jerry Falwell's role is in this matter.

First, I think that it was because I had made Cam look like a fool in a thread he had started about Falwell, that he attacked me in this one.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=1497

Second, I had said that Cam had failed to see the forest for the trees, and the Falwell thread is another example of that.

Third, you didn't specify what you didn't understand in my response, so I covered everything. Everything included Falwell.

MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 04/17/05 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wadethered wrote:

I noticed that a few seasons ago. It's hard to miss.

MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 04/17/05 9:09 pm    ::: Re: just replayed the draft and . . . Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:

It went noticed. I took that as a subtle way of showing that she's staying, so season ticketholders can come back.

sambista

PostPosted: 04/17/05 9:57 pm    ::: Re: just replayed the draft and . . . Reply Reply with quote

MT_Swoopes wrote:
sebibb wrote:

It went noticed. I took that as a subtle way of showing that she's staying, so season ticketholders can come back.

i took it the same way, albeit not so subtle.

PostPosted: 04/18/05 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
Then Cam needed to say that. Not come back that I was wrong and that they were watching tape of two players up until the end.

I actually think that he was saying that, but you weren't willing to hear him.

And I don't think Cam looked at all like a fool in that ancient thread.
-----------------------

FWIW, there were two jerseys laid out behind The Candyman.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/18/05 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelli, Is it fun to go out of your way to post on a message board just to be a bitch?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/18/05 2:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Cam was apparently in the Phoenix war room during the draft. He is basing his statements on that and telling me that I'm wrong in what I saw on TV. Well, it doesn't matter what Cam saw in the war room, becasue that doesn't mean that they showed it on TV. He doesn't seem to see the difference.

Kelli, you said you knew Phoenix was taking Irvin based on what you saw on television (TV in Merc War Room). My point was that they were looking at both players, and the decision was made AFTER tapes were viewed.

What you cannot see is that I was pointing out they were looking at both players. If Phoenix took Braxton with Irvin on in the background, what would you have said?

Quote:
First, I think that it was because I had made Cam look like a fool in a thread he had started about Falwell, that he attacked me in this one.

Apparently if you read the thread, you are the only one who believes that.

No one attacked you. My point was what you saw on television was only a small snapshot of what was going on.

As for everything else, I think Inky and PUMatty have said it best in this thread.

Kelli

PostPosted: 04/18/05 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Kelli, Is it fun to go out of your way to post on a message board just to be a bitch?

I posted a simple observation. Cam is the one that was bitchy about it.

Kelli

PostPosted: 04/18/05 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:
Kelli wrote:

-----------------------

If Cam had SAID that, it would have ben different. He didn't. I didn't know that he was in the room. And even though he was, it has nothing to do with what was seen on TV. He didn't know what was shown on ESPN2 so he should hase stayed out of it.

Trust me, he looked like a fool. Everyone I've asked about it...to see if I was missing something or not seeing a bigger picture , has said that his was a very narrow-minded view of things (I'm being nice here.)

Edit portion:

And you only 'THINK" that's what he meant. You support him and don't even know what he was trying to say!!

Kelli

PostPosted: 04/18/05 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Kelli, you said you knew Phoenix was taking Irvin based on what you saw on television (TV in Merc War Room). My point was that they were looking at both players, and the decision was made AFTER tapes were viewed.

What does it matter how many players Phoenix was looking at prior to making a decision? They could have been loking at 100 players before making a decision and it would have no effect on what I saw on TV and what my post was about. Which would make your first post pointless (other than to take a shot at me).

Quote:
What you cannot see is that I was pointing out they were looking at both players. If Phoenix took Braxton with Irvin on in the background, what would you have said?

I would have said that I was wrong. I would have felt bad for Sandora's friends and family if they had also seen it and thought that she was going to be taken next and then wasn't.

If Phoenix had taken Kara instead of Sandora then I wouldn't have posted about what I saw in this thread either, would I? It wouldn't have anything to do with what this thread is about would it? Just like what you saw in the war room had nothing to do with what this thread (or my post) was about, did it?

Quote:

Quote:
Apparently if you read the thread, you are the only one who believes that.

I believe in the silent majority. And I know for a fact that I'm not the only one that thought that you were wrong in that thread.

Quote:
No one attacked you.

You did.

Quote:
My point was what you saw on television was only a small snapshot of what was going on.

Wouldn't that be obvious?? Do you think that I'm stupid?? There were 4-10 people in each war room that I saw on TV. My post was simply about what was seen on TV. I thought that it was interesting that the tape was showing Sandora. That's all. Phoenix would have to be stupid to not be doing their last minute work and/or assuming that Sandora was the only player they were going to take. What if she wasn't available when it was their turn?? OOF COURSE they were looking at other players. I don't think that they're stupid. My comment was about 2 seconds of TV time. Why don't you understand that??

[quote/]As for everything else, I think Inky and PUMatty have said it best in this thread.

I've already adressed that comment in messages to them.

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 04/18/05 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going to jump in here....could it be that BOTH of you are right? I mean these 'feeds' from the War Rooms seemed to be on some sort fo delay, like they were all being fed from a video phone, rather than plain ole via satellite. That Mike Irvin image was so delayed it wasn't funny...it also seemed that way in the Merc war room, the Comets' and even Trudi Lacey's bunker.

Kelli wrote:
inky wrote:
Kelli wrote:

-----------------------

If Cam had SAID that, it would have ben different. He didn't. I didn't know that he was in the room. And even though he was, it has nothing to do with what was seen on TV. He didn't know what was shown on ESPN2 so he should hase stayed out of it.

Trust me, he looked like a fool. Everyone I've asked about it...to see if I was missing something or not seeing a bigger picture , has said that his was a very narrow-minded view of things (I'm being nice here.)

Edit portion:

And you only 'THINK" that's what he meant. You support him and don't even know what he was trying to say!!

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 04/18/05 8:29 am    ::: Re: just replayed the draft and . . . Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
MT_Swoopes wrote:
sebibb wrote:

i took it the same way, albeit not so subtle.

They also had a Number 7 Jersey draped over a chair...I thought it odd as well, but maybe they just needed to remember that those are two of the key players for whom they were getting support.

It would have been nice to see a Number 9 Jersey and a brand new NUMBER 24 Jersey, but I think the Comets did a good job in this draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: