RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Adams Resigns as Mystics Head Coach!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 04/16/05 7:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
But don't kid yourself about his reason for leaving. this twerp NEVER cared about the women's game...nada...and jumped at the chance to get back into REAL basketball (read "men"). the loyalty of Abe was clearly one-sided.

Thanks Ripley. Thinking about it, I wouldn't have let Michael Adams off the hook but would have understood somewhat if his action was borne of frustration and anger, e.g., because he felt he was being boxed out in personnel matters.

This is far worse than anything I could have imagined. He left on his own, and did so with no regard to the needs of his team and his employer?

He doesn't deserve the title of coach. Washington is better off without him.

wnbafan

PostPosted: 04/16/05 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
... Washington is better off without him.

My sentiments exactly. I'm actually looking forward to how the team will come together because of and in spite of this. I think we are going to rock the booth!

"Let's get this party started!"

PostPosted: 04/16/05 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

perhaps the mystics organization should be applying more of that "character" thing that the liberty organization holds in such high esteem. i wouldn't be surprised if adams got treated poorly (remember how he appeared, at least, to be so out of the loop re mique? a coach shouldn't be in that position, if that's what really was going on), and he may have felt that he owed them nothing. but this comes off as nothing but giving them the finger. he could have left two weeks, a week, three days before or after the draft. no matter what was done to him, even if he was gonna have no say or role in the draft, out of respect for the league, he could've chosen a better exit.

PostPosted: 04/16/05 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
rebkell wrote:
bluewolfvii wrote:
And no one can blame Mique for this one.

Don't bet on that. I think it was BeckyFanClub on the ESPN board, that figured Mique was partially responsible for it, last night. I think she was serious.

Can you find that post? I am really interested in how she ties Meek to this, but I couldn't find the post. I think if Meek was responsible for it, she'd still be in Washington.

My First Post

Reply By BFC

It's in the Professor thread, after trying to find that post, I remember why I dislike the ESPN board so much, and why it is far from fixed, and probably won't ever be fiixed in the current format anyway.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 04/16/05 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
Quote:
Washington is better off without him.

second that.

I'm actually getting excited about the NEW MYSTICS. not predicting any championships or anything, but heck we got some new faces on the court and on the sidelines. except for good ole Murriel (who'll be a mystic til she dies and then they'll send her to the taxidermist and sit her on the bench anyway) this is getting to look like a whole new team. given the mystics bizarre history, that's not necessarily a bad thiing.

GO MYSTICS.

Tito20619

PostPosted: 04/16/05 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can you find that post? I am really interested in how she ties Meek to this, but I couldn't find the post. I think if Meek was responsible for it, she'd still be in Washington.

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=766&threadID=1606255&lastPostID=8760846

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: