RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Betty Lennox says...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 08/18/06 3:48 pm    ::: Betty Lennox says... Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
There's nothing easy in life for Betty Lennox.

http://www.wnba.com/playoffs2006/lennox_playoff_mailbox.html

Most people hate poetry
BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/18/06 4:07 pm    ::: Re: Betty Lennox says... Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Quote:

http://www.wnba.com/playoffs2006/lennox_playoff_mailbox.html

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tell ME about it...

PostPosted: 08/18/06 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At some point, and I like Betty, or should I say, harlem likes Betty. But at some point, it just gets to the point where Betty needs to introduce Betty to the 1st person form of reference.
BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/18/06 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:
At some point, and I like Betty, or should I say, harlem likes Betty. But at some point, it just gets to the point where Betty needs to introduce Betty to the 1st person form of reference.

Nah, she's quotable and we need that now that we don't have Planet Reed and DeMya against Triple L in the Conference Finals.*

*yet.

PostPosted: 08/18/06 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Betty says, don't worry. Demya will be *&^%$*& that *^&%$ up in a few days.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/18/06 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Self-awareness isn't her strong suit. Maybe is she didn't cause a lot of those problems by running her mouth, they wouldn't exist.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/18/06 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:

Self-awareness isn't her strong suit. Maybe is she didn't cause a lot of those problems by running her mouth, they wouldn't exist.

Kinda like the Gollum, no?

PostPosted: 08/18/06 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow...it's a bitch being Betty isn't it. Shocked I mean, not that BETTY is one, it's just, well...tough to be Betty Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/18/06 4:43 pm    ::: Re: Betty Lennox says... Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

yeah, tell me about it... the life of a pro athlete is a real bitch...

SueBirdFan

PostPosted: 08/18/06 4:48 pm    ::: Re: Betty Lennox says... Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
Quote:

yeah, tell me about it... the life of a pro athlete is a real bitch...

yes but getting there wasn't easy

Go Storm!

"Go smack yourself in the face and see what happens."
inky

PostPosted: 08/18/06 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By my count, in that article Betty uses a singular personal pronoun 37 times. I didn't count the plural - she talked about the team a lot. Only once she refers to herself as "Betty Lennox," and coincidentally, it's when she's discussing people criticizing her unfairly.

I think she's right. It must be hard being Betty Lennox. She's a basketball player, not an orator. A basketball player. She's got a big heart, she's sensitive, and people want to make a federal case out of the grammatical equivalent of biting her fingernails.

Nobody criticized Lauren Jackson for sounding childish when she sat in the booth and did play by play in San Antonio. When Lauren Jackson can't string two sentences together, she's adorable. When Betty Lennox refers to herself in the third person, it's reason to start a bitchfest on the internet.

SueBirdFan

PostPosted: 08/18/06 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:

Nobody criticized Lauren Jackson for sounding childish when she sat in the booth and did play by play in San Antonio. When Lauren Jackson can't string two sentences together, she's adorable. When Betty Lennox refers to herself in the third person, it's reason to start a bitchfest on the internet.

true

Go Storm!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/18/06 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:

I have spoken to Lauren Jackson, and I thought her English-speaking abilities were quite good.

As to Betty, it is just TIRING to hear her complain about respect and talk about herself in third person, while forgetting she causes a lot of the drama of which she complains.

FudPucked

PostPosted: 08/18/06 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
inky wrote:

I have spoken to Lauren Jackson, and I thought her English-speaking abilities were quite good.

As to Betty, it is just TIRING to hear her complain about respect and talk about herself in third person, while forgetting she causes a lot of the drama of which she complains.
Preach it Brother! That was my thinking when I posted a reply earlier, I wasn't even thinking about her grammatical capabilities...She needs to brush that thing off her shoulder!

PostPosted: 08/18/06 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

wow so very very true. I love the way Betty plays the game, but I do wish she'd learn to keep some of the self pitty stuff to herself.
Betty loves to throw Betty pitty parties.

LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 08/18/06 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:
By my count, in that article Betty uses a singular personal pronoun 37 times. I didn't count the plural - she talked about the team a lot. Only once she refers to herself as "Betty Lennox," and coincidentally, it's when she's discussing people criticizing her unfairly.

I think she's right. It must be hard being Betty Lennox. She's a basketball player, not an orator. A basketball player. She's got a big heart, she's sensitive, and people want to make a federal case out of the grammatical equivalent of biting her fingernails.

You got it dead on right!

Running off her mouth? rightt......... don't see it, but what I do see is certain people are going to damn her if she doesn't and damn her if she does. She has an off day and I hear form certain people "trade her, she is used up, yadda yadda" she plays in the zone she is the bomb, you can't have it both ways.

Whatever, I've got a game to get ready for!!!!

GO STOMR, GO BETTY!!! I love it, time and time again proving to the haters that you still got game!!!!!!!!!!!

inky

PostPosted: 08/18/06 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've spoken with each of them at length, and they each have mastered conversational English. Wow. So what?

Neither of them do the stock "we came to play my hat's off to them" sports star interview-speak very well, because they're both honest and open people, and not terribly guarded. It makes them both very interesting interviews, as opposed to their teammate Sue Bird, who is extremely guarded and rarely says anything that hasn't been said before. She's a master of cliche, and it allows her to not reveal much about herself.

Neither Lennox nor Jackson are terribly polished on-camera or on-mic. They haven't mastered that media manipulation.

I just wonder what the difference is, why Jackson is allowed plenty of leeway for sounding foolish, while Lennox is on a short chain.

Last edited by inky on 08/18/06 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/18/06 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lennox' act hasn't changed much. And she spouts off and foams at the mouth MUCH more than Lauren.

Sass

PostPosted: 08/18/06 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Lennox' act hasn't changed much. And she spouts off and foams at the mouth MUCH more than Lauren.

Have you been to the Key and seen how many times Lauren drops the F-bomb, and other obscenities during a game?

I didn't think so.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/18/06 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:
Have you been to the Key and seen how many times Lauren drops the F-bomb, and other obscenities during a game?

That is DURING THE GAME. Betty does it in the press. Big difference. And plenty of players use obscenities during a game. How many WNBA players feel the need to constantly play the respect card? How many feel the need to constantly refer to themselves in third person like they are doing impersonations of Sybil Dorsett? Only Betty.

Betty makes me want to quote Mo'Nique from the Queens of Comedy...about the use of the word bitch. "Sometimes you need it just to close the sentence out. Shut the fuck up...bitch!"

Sass

PostPosted: 08/18/06 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Sass wrote:

That is DURING THE GAME. Betty does it in the press. Big difference. And plenty of players use obscenities during a game. How many WNBA players feel the need to constantly play the respect card? How many feel the need to constantly refer to themselves in third person like they are doing impersonations of Sybil Dorsett? Only Betty.

Betty makes me want to quote Mo'Nique from the Queens of Comedy...about the use of the word bitch. "Sometimes you need it just to close the sentence out. Shut the fuck up...bitch!"

Whatever, dawg. Rolling Eyes

If you don't like her, fine. But why repeat yourself over and over. Just don't read stuff about her.

- Run-DMC
SueBirdFan

PostPosted: 08/18/06 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Sass wrote:

Whatever, dawg. Rolling Eyes

If you don't like her, fine. But why repeat yourself over and over. Just don't read stuff about her.

I agree Shocked Mad

Go Storm!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/18/06 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh please, SASS. Anyone who has a different opinion of Betty is a "hater?" Maybe Betty show just grow up and stop acting like a petulent child.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/18/06 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Oh please, SASS. Anyone who has a different opinion of Betty is a "hater?" Maybe Betty show just grow up and stop acting like a petulent child.

HATER!!!!

Wink

Sass

PostPosted: 08/18/06 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

I changed my sig several hours ago, you're just now noticing it?

I would think a lawyer would have noticed that earlier.

- Run-DMC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: