RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sun looking to deal pick

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 04/13/05 5:34 am    ::: Sun looking to deal pick Reply Reply with quote

http://www.theday.com/eng/web/news/re.aspx?re=D04C6D7E-D5E8-4CF3-A7D8-BE65688B3BE7

The Sun, who have the eighth pick in the first round, have engaged in trade talks of varying degrees with three different teams, seeking Charlotte center Tammy Sutton-Brown, Sacramento center Yolanda Griffith and San Antonio center Margo Dydek.

PostPosted: 04/13/05 5:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So your avatar might be wearing another top, pilight? Wink

Whit seems keen to deal Yo. I'm not sure why. Yeah she's old but she's still pretty effective, is unique and is a fave in Sac town.
dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/13/05 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Similar article in the Harford Courant.

http://www.courant.com/sports/basketball/hc-sun0413.artapr13,0,1665060.story?coll=hc-headlines-basketball

Initial talks between Sacramento and the Sun about Griffith, an Olympian and the 1999 WNBA MVP, broke down because Sacramento had asked for guard Katie Douglas.

"That hasn't been discussed lately, but that was a name that was brought up before, and she's not going to get traded," Thibault said Tuesday. "You can bank on that."

The Sun might be on the cusp of finding another way to land the 6-foot-4 Griffith, 35, who has averaged 15.9 points and 9.3 rebounds in six seasons. She averaged 14.5 points and 7.2 rebounds last season.

"It's a discussion," Thibault said of Griffith, "but reality is [does] what people ask for ... wreck your team?"

The likely scenario has the Sun reaching a handshake agreement with another team, selecting a player the team desires and finalizing a trade in the hours after.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/13/05 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"It's a discussion," Thibault said of Griffith, "but reality is [does] what people ask for ... wreck your team?"

Funny, given what he tried to get out of Minnesota last year.

Also, glad to hear that KT isn't going anywhere. It has made me a little nervous. Gotta keep my fave players and teams together.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/13/05 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Also, glad to hear that KT isn't going anywhere. It has made me a little nervous. Gotta keep my fave players and teams together

At the end of last year I really thought they would trade her this year. Not that they wanted to, but who else would anyone else want that the Sun would trade? Not Keesh or Lindsay, so...

I'm glad if anyone has to go it's "only" draft picks. Especially after the great drafting of Ugo Oha as a Center last year!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/13/05 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had that same feeling after last year. Unless they send her back home, I want KT right where she is.

The idea of Yo on the Sun makes me almost giddy, and would have to make the favorites this year in my mind. TSB and Margo seem more likely, but still like good moves.

Does anyone know how desperate the Monarchs are to deal Yo?

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 04/13/05 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I had that same feeling after last year. Unless they send her back home, I want KT right where she is.

The idea of Yo on the Sun makes me almost giddy, and would have to make the favorites this year in my mind. TSB and Margo seem more likely, but still like good moves.

Does anyone know how desperate the Monarchs are to deal Yo?

I'm not sure if they're "desperate," but they've certainly entertained a fair amount of offers. While it would be interesting to not see her in a Monarchs uniform, I certainly wouldn't mind if Phoenix Very Happy (or CT) worked out a deal for her, as long as it didn't involve a lot of players.

It wouldn't surprise me if she was traded to someone before draft day. I think there might be trades that will involve draft picks, which is why I won't do my final mock draft till Friday.

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/13/05 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think the Monarchs are going to trade Yo to us. They've been shopping her around only to Eastern Conference teams.
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 04/13/05 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
I don't think the Monarchs are going to trade Yo to us. They've been shopping her around only to Eastern Conference teams.

I know...I was just kidding. It's wishful thinking on my behalf that Yo would ever play for Phoenix.

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/13/05 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
I know...I was just kidding. It's wishful thinking on my behalf that Yo would ever play for Phoenix.

Don't we all? There's even a certain un-named Brigade member who has a thing for Yo and her flannels Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: