RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kraayeveld starting to catch fire.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 07/30/06 11:56 am    ::: Kraayeveld starting to catch fire. Reply Reply with quote

http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkxMjYmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY5NjkwOTkmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

Quote:
"She has the chance to be a good solid player in this league," Coyle said. "And that's what we need from her. I think she's got the chance to be a good solid post player in this league, and I think she can stick, as long as she continues to develop."

herrade

PostPosted: 07/30/06 12:09 pm    ::: Re: Kraayeveld starting to catch fire. Reply Reply with quote

patty coyle: "she can put it on the floor"

Shocked

seriously, though. she's made some progress since the start of the year, but she would be much improved, IMO, if someone took the three away from her and forced her to spend more time inside.

also, hit the weight room, OG! you need bigger guns than that in this league.

kwnyc

PostPosted: 07/30/06 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For a player with just under a full season in the W, Oafy Girl is doing great. (Better than Farris & Schumacher at this point, even before Shuey got hurt). Yes yes yes, she should go overseas and play and also work on her strength.

casnyl21

PostPosted: 07/30/06 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kwnyc wrote:
For a player with just under a full season in the W, Oafy Girl is doing great. (Better than Farris & Schumacher at this point, even before Shuey got hurt). Yes yes yes, she should go overseas and play and also work on her strength.

I think they are all at about the same point. All are inconsistent, but have shown small flashes. Barb has showed me that she is not totally useless in the last couple of games. Before the injury, Schuey was starting to become agressive, if she could play like that game after game she could be a good starter for NY. The problem with Schuey is that she rarely plays like that. She'll have a game where she looks like she could do some real damage, but then she will disapear and look lost on the floor. Kraay has done a good job coming and starting for Schuey. She is the only post we have that needs to be taking 3's. However, she doesn't need to take as many. If she's WIDE open, then take it, elsewise she needs to get her ass in the post. One of the main things she has going for her that puts her above Schu and Barb is her youth.

If we don't get a good post in the draft or via trade/free agent, I could see a Kraay starting alongside Schuey next year. Kraay with the offense and Schuey with the D (considering she can stay out of foul trouble), then Barb could bring a little toughness off the bench.

PostPosted: 07/30/06 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kwnyc wrote:

i agree. she's certainly got heart, too. not sure if it's a compliment to say she's better'n farris and schu, since it would't take much. i'm so disappointed with the two of them. o.g. looks to have some instincts, tho.

PostPosted: 07/30/06 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Which is sad because they are veterans, while Kraay is in her second season. Another great game for Barb today though! Cool

casnyl21 wrote:
kwnyc wrote:

I think they are all at about the same point. All are inconsistent, but have shown small flashes. Barb has showed me that she is not totally useless in the last couple of games. Before the injury, Schuey was starting to become agressive, if she could play like that game after game she could be a good starter for NY. The problem with Schuey is that she rarely plays like that. She'll have a game where she looks like she could do some real damage, but then she will disapear and look lost on the floor. Kraay has done a good job coming and starting for Schuey. She is the only post we have that needs to be taking 3's. However, she doesn't need to take as many. If she's WIDE open, then take it, elsewise she needs to get her ass in the post. One of the main things she has going for her that puts her above Schu and Barb is her youth.

If we don't get a good post in the draft or via trade/free agent, I could see a Kraay starting alongside Schuey next year. Kraay with the offense and Schuey with the D (considering she can stay out of foul trouble), then Barb could bring a little toughness off the bench.

PostPosted: 07/30/06 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice to see Kraay is reppin the Ducks well. I'm proud of her, but it's too bad she's playing for Coyle. She'd be coming along like Ashley Robinson if she were playing for a better coach, like Donovan.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
casnyl21

PostPosted: 07/30/06 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's what I'm saying with Kraay having an advantage due to her age. Lets hope that she can continue to develop. Let's hope that they all continue to develop and become aggresive. I would settle for them learning to make a layup.

Str8_Butta33 wrote:
Which is sad because they are veterans, while Kraay is in her second season. Another great game for Barb today though! Cool

casnyl21 wrote:
kwnyc wrote:

PostPosted: 07/30/06 10:27 pm    ::: Re: Kraayeveld starting to catch fire. Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
patty coyle: "she can put it on the floor"

Shocked

Nothing's said about her ability to pick it up off the floor, though. Wink

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: