RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Watching the draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gopher5

PostPosted: 04/12/05 3:05 pm    ::: Draft viewing party Reply Reply with quote

The Lynx are having a Draft viewing party (for the first time ever I believe). They are having Amber Jacobs attend as well.

gumption72

PostPosted: 04/12/05 3:34 pm    ::: Re: Draft viewing party Reply Reply with quote

gopher5 wrote:
The Lynx are having a Draft viewing party (for the first time ever I believe). They are having Amber Jacobs attend as well.

I was surprised to find out the Lynx are doing this. Wonder if it is worth going to. Can you imagine if they would have had a draft party last year? There would have been all out brawling riot... probably a stabbing or shootout involving fans and Roger Griffith. I'm glad they didn't... the state I was in that day, I 'd probably be writing this from jail. Have no fear, most of us see the light by now. By the way, they FINALLY shut down the Bring Lindsay Home web site. Rolling Eyes

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 04/12/05 3:41 pm    ::: Re: Draft viewing party Reply Reply with quote

gumption72 wrote:
gopher5 wrote:

I was surprised to find out the Lynx are doing this. Wonder if it is worth going to. Can you imagine if they would have had a draft party last year? There would have been all out brawling riot... probably a stabbing or shootout involving fans and Roger Griffith. I'm glad they didn't... the state I was in that day, I 'd probably be writing this from jail. Have no fear, most of us see the light by now. By the way, they FINALLY shut down the Bring Lindsay Home web site. Rolling Eyes

Too funny. Laughing

gopher5

PostPosted: 04/12/05 4:52 pm    ::: Re: Draft viewing party Reply Reply with quote

Gumption - lfo liked your comments (check out the Lynx Lane Board).

MNfan22

PostPosted: 04/12/05 10:30 pm    ::: Re: Draft viewing party Reply Reply with quote

gopher5 wrote:

The last one I remember was in 2002 at one of the theaters in Uptown. It was fun. Betty Lennox & another player was there but I can't remember who. It was more of a Post draft happy hour type thing from 5-7 because the draft then was on a Fri @noon. so they replayed picks 1-9. We got Tamika w/the 6th pick. Up to 9 because the 'Fan Killer' had worked a trade w/the Sting who had the 9 pick. 2003 we didn't have a 1st rnd pick & no one knew if there would even be a season w/the CBA up in the air.

I think its a good idea to have one this yr & I'd like to think there will be a nice number of folks who will show up for a little morning fun. (& free food Very Happy )

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/13/05 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No inside info or anything, but I just have to think that the Lynx having their first party may mean they're going to do something big.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 04/13/05 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
No inside info or anything, but I just have to think that the Lynx having their first party may mean they're going to do something big.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised.

SORF

PostPosted: 04/13/05 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By invitation only, the Comets are throwing a Draft party for STHs at Drexler's BBQ.

For you outside of Houston, Drexler's BBQ is owned and operated by Clyde Drexler's mother.

Richard 77

PostPosted: 04/13/05 3:41 pm    ::: I've got the perfect idea for our party!!! Reply Reply with quote

We meet together in one city, rent out a room, set up a couple of tv's with the draft on them, and set up a few rows of computer terminals for us to sit at. Then we post messages to one another and let everyone know what we think about the latest pick. Laughing Unless someone posts something we dont like, then we can go over and beat them up at their terminal...

Cool party, huh?

SORF

PostPosted: 04/14/05 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ohhhh Lib fans, you are going to be envious! A special guest at the Comets Draft party will be Tari Phillips! Cool Very Happy

BCBG25

PostPosted: 04/14/05 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let Tari know that us Lib fans will be at the Garden, July 27 wearing #24.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: