RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The first pick...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/09/05 1:41 pm    ::: The first pick... Reply Reply with quote

Pilight's mock draft was the first one that I saw with Tan White as the top pick. Lets just say that is just as likely as any mock draft with McCarville or Irvin as the top pick...

If Tan White goes first, things will get REALLY interesting.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/09/05 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I never understood why people were still locked in to Charlotte taking McCarville after the Tangela Smith trade. If you assume the #1 pick is supposed to be someone to step in and start, or at least play major minutes, then Charlotte has to be looking at the wing. However much you like Sam and/or Feaster, both are miscast as shooting guards.

PostPosted: 04/09/05 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In talking about 2-guards on the Sting, what about Kelly Mazzante? She toughened up in the gym and worked on some things in the NWBL this winter. Maybe she's found what she misplaced that final season at Penn State-- her cockiness and attitude. When Mazzante is on, she's deadly. She and Sam are a workable 2-guard rotation.

Back to Tan White, who seems to be very much in the mix for no.1, do folks see teams looking at Tan as a 2-guard, or as a combo-guard who can make the transition to point down the line?

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 04/09/05 2:43 pm    ::: Re: The first pick... Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Pilight's mock draft was the first one that I saw with Tan White as the top pick. Lets just say that is just as likely as any mock draft with McCarville or Irvin as the top pick...

If Tan White goes first, things will get REALLY interesting.

*stomps foot*

If this prevents Sandora from going to Phoenix, I'm going to go to Charlotte myself, and complain. The only way I will be placated is if somehow a post player is acquired by Phoenix via a trade.

That being said, I don't mind Kendra Wecker being on the Mercury. The Merc can perimeter shoot the opponent to death.

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/09/05 9:23 pm    ::: Re: The first pick... Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
*stomps foot*

If this prevents Sandora from going to Phoenix, I'm going to go to Charlotte myself, and complain. The only way I will be placated is if somehow a post player is acquired by Phoenix via a trade.

Indy are reportedly very interested in McCarville. So I'm not sure whether it would make much of a difference.
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 04/09/05 9:24 pm    ::: Re: The first pick... Reply Reply with quote

That's true. You never know with Indiana, though. They don't really seem to buy into "logic."

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/09/05 9:26 pm    ::: Re: The first pick... Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
That's true. You never know with Indiana, though. They don't really seem to buy into "logic."

It wouldn't surprise me if they drafted Wecker. There's an article from last year, saying that Winters was looking for shooters/more perimeter depth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: