RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Top 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 04/04/05 5:22 pm    ::: Top 10 Reply Reply with quote

The top 10 reasons Michigan State will beat Baylor...

10 The obvious...since the Big 8 expnaded to become the Big 12 none of their teams have won the big one.

9 In the past 11 tournaments, no team from west of the Mississippi has won the tournament.

8 Since Dawn Staley's graduation, the team with the best PG in the final has won every time.

7 Every team that has beaten Alcorn State on their way to the finals has won the tournament.

6 In the past 11 tournaments, the team that won the late starting semifinal has gone on to win the final.

5 No team has ever lost a triple OT game to a team that didn't make the tournament and won the national title in the same season.

4 Every team that has beaten two Pac-10 teams on their way to the finals has won the tournament.

3 The team with the most victories at the Hartford Civic Center always wins.

2 In the last 16 tournaments, every team that has faced three consecutive #1 seeds has lost to the third one.

1 Every time in NCAA and AIAW tournament history, when two teams not ranked in the top 4 of the polls meet in the finals, the team ranked higher in the coaches poll has won!

PostPosted: 04/04/05 6:34 pm    ::: Re: Top 10 Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

8 Since Dawn Staley's graduation, the team with the best PG in the final has won every time.

Conlon? Or are you considering Taurasi to be a PG (in Nancy Lieberman Award fashion)?

pilight

PostPosted: 04/04/05 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2003: I'll take Conlon over Loree Moore any day of the week and twice on game day.

The 2004 Tennessee team didn't even have a PG on the floor, they were muddling through with Butts and Davis and Zolman playing out of position.

Jolly over Penicheiro is a closer call.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: