RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lynx sign April McDivitt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 04/01/05 9:55 pm    ::: Lynx sign April McDivitt Reply Reply with quote

Minneapolis/St. Paul - The Minnesota Lynx today announced the team has signed free agent guard April McDivitt. Per team policy, no financial terms of the agreement were disclosed.

The 5-7 McDivitt was not drafted by a WNBA franchise, but signed a free agent contract with the New York Liberty prior to the 2004 season. She has not appeared in a WNBA regular season game.

A graduate of the University of California at Santa Barbara, McDivitt spent three seasons playing for Pat Summitt and the University of Tennessee Lady Volunteers before transferring to UCSB prior to the 2002-03 season. As a senior at UCSB, McDivitt averaged 8.3 points (.358 FG%, .381 3FG%), 4.4 assists, 3.2 rebounds and 28.9 minutes in 31 games played (30 starts).

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 04/01/05 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched her play for 3 years at UT, and everybody loved her to death, but I just can't see her making it in the 'W'.

sambista

PostPosted: 04/01/05 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i'm still not getting this trend toward retreads.

PostPosted: 04/02/05 12:30 am    ::: let's find out Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
I watched her play for 3 years at UT, and everybody loved her to death, but I just can't see her making it in the 'W'.

I haven't seen her enough to have a useful opinion, but the Lynx really ought to be trying out point guards right now, and I'm glad to see them doing just that. She looked good in the few UCSB games I saw.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 04/02/05 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love April McDivitt and could not be happier for her to get another shot at the W. I hope she has been beefing up her game, because she has such a small frame.

It is interesting to see some of these players that didn't get a decent shot out of the 2004 draft reappearing. Stacey Stephens also comes to mind in that catagory.

Of course I always have to go with the shorties...

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/02/05 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Training camp fodder IMHO. I can't see her beating out Amber Jacobs who is #1 bigger and #2 has a full years experience of WNBA already. Harrower is almost certainly returning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: