RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sting's Reeve: Wecker, McCarville, Irvin, White or Batteast?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/01/05 1:35 pm    ::: Sting's Reeve: Wecker, McCarville, Irvin, White or Batteast? Reply Reply with quote

Who are your top draft picks? What are their strengths?

My top draft picks in no particular order are:
Kendra Wecker – Her strength is her strength. She has the physique to handle the next level. She can handle the physicality in our league and come in and have an impact. She’s a special player. She has an understanding of the game and what it takes to get it done. She shoots the three well. She has put up good numbers this season against good teams.

Janel McCarville
-She is the best post player in the draft. She is a tremendous passing post and defensive rebounder. I think what is often overlooked is her ability to make moves around the basket. She has great hands. She’s just a quality post player.

Sandora Irvin-She is an interesting prospect. She has a lot of natural talent. She is very long and has great shot blocking ability. She has the ability to face-up and will step out and shoot the three. She is a good rebounder with good instincts.

Tan White-She is probably the most talented player in the draft in terms of athletic ability and the ability to score the basketball. She is just a talented player on the offensive end of the court.

Jacqueline Batteast
-She is versatile and has good size. Overall she’s a pretty steady player.

Also:
Is there anyone who has impressed you that isn’t as high profile?

I like Steffanie Blackmon from Baylor. She’s kind of flying under the radar right now.

http://www.wnba.com/sting/team/OneonOne_With_Cheryl_Reeve-.html

Wecker? Shocked

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/01/05 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Currie decides to forego her final year, she will got to Charlotte at #1 or Phoenix at #3. I just don't see Indiana taking anyone other than Janel McCarville or Tan White (unless Cappie changes her mind).

And if Cappie changes her mind, you will see Charlotte take her #1. Hmmm...I believe some snarky board poster predicted that in a mock draft.

Wecker Shocked

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/01/05 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also, with the Sam signing (and three years at that), one has to wonder what help the team needs at the three. If the team was so high on Sam, why the need?

Curious how Monique Currie is not mentioned AT ALL:

Quote:
Who stood out to you this season in the college ranks?

Seimone Augustus from LSU had a great season as did her teammate Temeka Johnson. I think Seimone proved that she is ready to play at the next level in the WNBA. Tan White, who led the nation in scoring, had a great year, even though her team didn’t. She put up some great individual numbers. Kendra Wecker from Kansas State had a very impressive season as did Katie Feenstra from Liberty. Feenstra helped lead her team to that Cinderella status in the NCAA tournament. Ashley Earley from Vanderbilt also had a terrific senior season. Her play really impressed me. When talking about the great players in the college ranks this season you can’t leave out Janel McCarville. She was steady all season long. Against the best team in the nation record-wise she put up career-numbers. She did what she had to do for her team. Two other players that stood out for me were Jessica Davenport and Brandy Hoskins from Ohio State. Those two helped make Ohio State a really fun team to watch.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/01/05 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Also, with the Sam signing (and three years at that), one has to wonder what help the team needs at the three. If the team was so high on Sam, why the need?

Curious how Monique Currie is not mentioned AT ALL:

Obviously Currie plays college ball too far away for Charlotte to notice her!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/01/05 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clearly it is the Duke media bias trying to keep Currie out of the limelight to prevent her from going to the WNBA draft. Thank goodness the Boneyard is there to expose this.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/01/05 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clearly it is the Duke media bias trying to keep Currie out of the limelight to prevent her from going to the WNBA draft. Thank goodness the Boneyard is there to expose this

Charlotte only considers top student athletes, and someone from Duke would not qualify. She would hold out, as Dookies only go where they can be the smartest waitresses, er, players, and as long as Ms. Harvard is in Charlotte, Ms. Currie would be second fiddle!

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 04/01/05 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Clearly it is the Duke media bias trying to keep Currie out of the limelight to prevent her from going to the WNBA draft. Thank goodness the Boneyard is there to expose this

Charlotte only considers top student athletes, and someone from Duke would not qualify. She would hold out, as Dookies only go where they can be the smartest waitresses, er, players, and as long as Ms. Harvard is in Charlotte, Ms. Currie would be second fiddle!

Maybe that was Powell's problem, too...Stanford grads can't cut it there either, I suppose. LOL

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/01/05 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Maybe that was Powell's problem, too...Stanford grads can't cut it there either, I suppose. LOL

Exactly 4ever! That's why Nicole HAD to be traded out of Charlotte.

However, I clearly can't explain the exception made with Sam... Confused

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/01/05 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
However, I clearly can't explain the exception made with Sam...

Affirmative action program. Bad defenders are now a protected category.

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/01/05 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe they're trying to disguise their pick lol.

I wonder if Charlotte are thinking about taking Wecker if Currie doesn't come out.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/01/05 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sting will take Currie if she decides to enter the draft. The Sting will take Cappie over Currie if Cappie declares for the draft.

MSUstudent31

PostPosted: 04/01/05 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
The Sting will take Currie if she decides to enter the draft. The Sting will take Cappie over Currie if Cappie declares for the draft.

With that being said the sting will take Currie.. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: