RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Any Board Junkies Coming to Final Four?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/30/05 9:58 am    ::: Any Board Junkies Coming to Final Four? Reply Reply with quote

So folks,
Anyone on their way to Indy?
I'll be rooting for Tennessee, but I'd be OK with Baylor. (that kid, Sophia is adorable!)

Let's see, I predicted Stanford would... LOL!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/30/05 10:05 am    ::: Re: Any Board Junkies Coming to Final Four? Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
So folks,
I'll be rooting for Tennessee, but I'd be OK with Baylor. (that kid, Sophia is adorable!)

Hey, you made it! How was the trip?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/30/05 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
(that kid, Sophia is adorable!)

Slovy, I talked to Wynter. She is tired of you running around with other women. She can accept DeMya and Gwen, but no more. Laughing

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/30/05 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTS,

I got in Monday night. I was just an hour an a half late to sign my lease and pick up my key so I had to stay in a hotel that night.
I hardly slept friday night so I didn't drive much on Saturday - but on sunday I drove from Flagstaff, AZ to Joplin, MO !
It's good to be home!
I'm trying to rest a nasty lower back injury today and then pick up my things tomorrow. (i just reached for something and OUCH! - am I really 40?)

Cam, I was really proud of Wynter Damnshehasaboyfriend Whitley starting and playing so much (what did they have - 8 players?)
I was really hoping they'd make it.

I have to get off this 20 cent-a-minute computer! Next time I'll go to IUPIU campus!

See ya folks!

Hey SFO, when you get to Indy holla @ me, I'll buy you a drink!

- slovy

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/30/05 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad to hear you made it Slovy! Welcome to the Hoosier state. We have our issues, but its not a bad place to be.

I am considering driving down from Lafayette for the games and buying tickets off the street. Depends on a lot of things, including a balancing of the checkbook between now and then.

MSUstudent31

PostPosted: 03/30/05 4:19 pm    ::: Re: Any Board Junkies Coming to Final Four? Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
So folks,

After MSU won I was thinking about it..but since rutgers didnt make it probably not..

Kelli

PostPosted: 03/30/05 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll be volunteering at Hoop City on Saturday and Sunday.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 03/30/05 11:17 pm    ::: Re: Any Board Junkies Coming to Final Four? Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
So folks,

Glad you made it !
If you can, check your messages here.

Are you going to any of the events ?

a brief line-up
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL COACHES ASSOCIATION
NIGHT OF ALL-STARS: HIGH SCHOOL ALL-AMERICA GAME
AND COLLEGE ALL-STAR CHALLENGESaturday, April 2
Site: Nicoson Hall on the campus of the University of Indianapolis
Time: 4:30 p.m.
Tickets: Go to www.ticketweb.com or call 800-965-4827.

TEAM PRACTICES
Saturday, April 2
Site: RCA Dome
Cost: Free admission
Gates open at 9:30 a.m.

11 a.m.-Noon - High Seed Semifinal Game 1 practice
12:05-1:05 p.m. - Low Seed Semifinal Game 1 practice
1:10-2:10 p.m. - High Seed Semifinal Game 2 practice
2:15-3:15 p.m. - Low Seed Semifinal Game 2 practice

I don't know who the high & low seeds are so not sure of who goes when.
But I'll be checking out both of these if anyone else is going.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/30/05 11:36 pm    ::: Re: Any Board Junkies Coming to Final Four? Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:

a brief line-up
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL COACHES ASSOCIATION
NIGHT OF ALL-STARS: HIGH SCHOOL ALL-AMERICA GAME
AND COLLEGE ALL-STAR CHALLENGESaturday, April 2
Site: Nicoson Hall on the campus of the University of Indianapolis
Time: 4:30 p.m.
Tickets: Go to www.ticketweb.com or call 800-965-4827.

Does anyone know whether you can just show up at Nicoson (or is it Nicolson?) Hall before the game, buy a ticket and get in? Or do you HAVE to order through Ticketweb in advance?

stever

PostPosted: 03/31/05 6:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's a "things to do in Indianapolis" page from USA Today's website:

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/destinations/cityguides/indianapolis/overview.htm

here's another link from a company that offers horse-drawn carriage rides around downtown:

http://www.indycarriage.com/Directory.htm

Kelli

PostPosted: 03/31/05 7:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's Nicoson and it's really pretty big. I'm guessing that you can just show up. I don't know that there are any seat numbers (bleachers, last I knew), so I'm guessing that it is GA seating. Should be able to call the athletic dept and get some answers.

317-788-3246 or the main switchboard (317) 788-3368 • 800-232-8634.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/31/05 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
It's Nicoson and it's really pretty big. I'm guessing that you can just show up. I don't know that there are any seat numbers (bleachers, last I knew), so I'm guessing that it is GA seating. Should be able to call the athletic dept and get some answers.

I'm jealous of you all! We had such a great time last year. Hoop City was a blast (met Teresa Edwards, what a classy lady and Dani had a clinic with Middle Tenn. coaching staff), the practices and autograph sessions were great (have the posters they gave out framed and hanging), the WBCA games were super ('course we had the Olympians last year plus oh man that high school class!), and the games rock.

We loved every minute of it!!!!!!

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 03/31/05 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:

You mean people paid over $100 a seat to sit in GA seating? That doesn't make sense. The charge really well for those tickets, so I would think there is some priority somewhere. I obviously have not ever attended a F4, so school me on how the ticket prices and seating work.

I looked to apply for next year and saw the $140/seat per game and am giving it some more thought.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/31/05 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
Kelli wrote:

You mean people paid over $100 a seat to sit in GA seating? That doesn't make sense. The charge really well for those tickets, so I would think there is some priority somewhere. I obviously have not ever attended a F4, so school me on how the ticket prices and seating work.

I looked to apply for next year and saw the $140/seat per game and am giving it some more thought.

Hold on; the tix for the WBCA game are independent of the final four and are like $20. Last year they were at Tulane's gym.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 03/31/05 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gotcha...I didn't catch he was talking about the showcase game...my bad.

It all sounds like lot of fun, that's for sure.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/31/05 6:07 pm    ::: Hoop City; WBCA ASG Reply Reply with quote

Is Hoop City in the RCA Dome? If not, where?

I spoke with the Univ of Indianapolis ticket office this morning: they're actually sold out of $15 tickets for the WBCA ASG on Saturday, but they have plenty of $25 tickets left, and expect to have them at the door. The only bad news is that you can't walk to the Univ of Indianapolis from downtown Indy: if you're staying within walking distance of the actual F4 games, you'll have to drive or take a cab (or a bus, but the ticket office made that sound unfeasible) to the ASG.

Kelli

PostPosted: 03/31/05 11:09 pm    ::: Re: Hoop City; WBCA ASG Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
Is Hoop City in the RCA Dome? If not, where?

I spoke with the Univ of Indianapolis ticket office this morning: they're actually sold out of $15 tickets for the WBCA ASG on Saturday, but they have plenty of $25 tickets left, and expect to have them at the door. The only bad news is that you can't walk to the Univ of Indianapolis from downtown Indy: if you're staying within walking distance of the actual F4 games, you'll have to drive or take a cab (or a bus, but the ticket office made that sound unfeasible) to the ASG.

Hoop City is at the Indiana Convention Center, which is right next to (north of) the Dome.

I'm assuming that you're flying in? Could you check at your hotel and see if they have a shuttle, or ask around and get a ride with someone that is driving. Maybe check at the resturants that are the 'gathering places' for the teams? Something I saw in StL was a makeshift 'bulletin board' in some of the hotels with requests for tickets or offers of extra tickets. Maybe you could try something like that?

Did UofI give you a reason that a Metro bus wasn't feasible? They may have a limited schedule on the weekend.

Volunteers will be wearing polo shirts with the FF logo on the left side, and khaki pants or skirts. Hoop City will be white polos and the organizing committee members are royal blue. Not sure about what color other volunteers got. They also gave us a black fleece that some (me probably!) will be wearing. Don't be shy about asking if they can help you. I've volunteered with the Indiana Sports Corporation before and everybody has always gone out of their way to help people or find the person that could.

Kelli

PostPosted: 03/31/05 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's the website for IndyGo bus service (I forgot that they changed their name).

http://www.indygo.net/

I took a look, and it looks like you would need the "Shelby" route (linked below). UofI is the blue "Arts" logo on Hanna Street (you'll have to check the legend, it looks like an asterisk with a flag on it).

http://imaps.indygov.org/IndyGo/default.asp?strRoute=22&toolmode=find&oldtoolmode=zoomin

I couldn't find a schedule. Or the link didn't work for me anyway. They do have a phone number though.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/31/05 11:43 pm    ::: thanks! Reply Reply with quote

We'll figure it out when we get to the hotel. I suspect that the dude at the U of Indpls ticket office simply didn't want to be bothered to figure out how public transit works, though it's also very plausible that the buses don't run much on the weekend... we'll likely see you at Hoop City!

Kelli

PostPosted: 04/01/05 5:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's a link to an article that has a schedule of Saturday's events.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/0/233624-5330-036.html

Kelli

PostPosted: 04/01/05 5:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's another article on a painting that was commissioned for the FF. In the text, there is mention of tours and a shuttle service to events, but it looked to me like it was for 'artsy' stuff. You'll have to see for yourselves what you think about it.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/7/233559-8967-009.html

Kelli

PostPosted: 04/01/05 6:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's a site (linked from the previous article I posted) that might be of great interest to some.

One of the tours that you can take is over to White River state Park, which is home of the NCAA Hall of Champions, the zoo, and an IMAX theater. There is one that goes to some museums, one to the 500 speedway, and one to historic districts.

http://ncaa.riverwatcher.com

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/01/05 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last year all the main hotels had shuttle service to the game; I assume it will be the same this year.

Just pretend you're with the media if you have to!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 04/01/05 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I should be able to make that game on the 2nd. I'm trying to get all "moved in" to my apt, but my back will need a break by sat afternoon.
I made it worse yesterday - DOH!
On the bright side, I got all my things home ...
Board Junkies, introduce yourself @ the game Saturday - look for gold Cherokee - California plate: SHE DUNK

Slovydal

PostPosted: 04/01/05 9:49 am    ::: Re: Any Board Junkies Coming to Final Four? Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22,
I checked my messages I left my phone # holla when you get in town.
I'm going to try to have Saturday free to go to practices.

( Apologies to anyone who ever sent me a message before - I didn't know they existed! lol!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: