RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

MSU/Stanford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keegan

PostPosted: 03/29/05 8:54 pm    ::: MSU/Stanford Reply Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

*puts game at front of "things to repress" queue*

Congrats to MSU and thanks to Susan, Kelley, Sebnem, Azella and T'Nae for four years of quality service.
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/29/05 9:11 pm    ::: Re: MSU/Stanford Reply Reply with quote

I'm sorry Keegan. The future is looking bright with Candice, Brooke, Rosalyn, etc. Stanford will be fine.

Go Spartans!! I love that team!! So far, I like all the Final Four participants. I'm cheering for Rutgers tonight over Tennessee, but that's where's by Big East support ends.

Does anyone else besides me Kristin Haynie has increased her WNBA draft stock? A very impressive tournament on top of a very solid career and season. I think she can stay on a team somewhere...or at least I hope so. I really like her. Liz Shimek & Lindsey Bowen, despite her sub-par performance tonight, should be solid picks next season in the draft.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/29/05 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Ros and Candice probable starters in the backcourt next season, Stanford's opponents might have to get over the shock of facing TWO athletic guards in the Stanford lineup. I'm hoping next season we can be like Duke this season - rebuilding but still strong.

I'm not sure who I'm supporting now but certainly not Tennessee. Maybe Rutgers then Baylor (discriminatory policies aside).

Haynie is certainly in the mix for a latter first round pick now.
accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/29/05 9:22 pm    ::: Go Spartans! Reply Reply with quote

We Gopher fans headed to the F4 now have a team to cheer for. (We're also UConn fans when the Gophers aren't playing, which means we really don't care who wins Rutgers/Tennessee; we dislike both teams.) Man, I was scared when Roehrig picked up her fourth foul, but MSU managed to slow the game down.

Once again, a team with good defense and a game plan beats a team with clearly superior athleticism. (Though Stanford at least have some balance, and get some assists.)

Of course Haynie has increased her draft stock, but by how much? How many teams really want a PG as their first round pick? (That's a serious question, not a rhetorical one.)

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/29/05 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I say Haynie will probably go late first. I could see New York or Minnesota taking her. I'd favour her over Temeka Johnson on size and shooting ability.
pilight

PostPosted: 03/29/05 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder about Haynie's intestines. The WNBA schedule is far more grueling than college schedules, to say nothing of the amount of practice. Will she be able to maintain her energy level? She has to take in 4000 calories per day now.

PostPosted: 03/29/05 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing

Perhaps Phoenix should take her in the second round...at least we know the Brigade would keep her well-fed.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 03/29/05 10:32 pm    ::: Haynie to Lynx, ok Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
I say Haynie will probably go late first. I could see New York or Minnesota taking her. I'd favour her over Temeka Johnson on size and shooting ability.

I would not be at all shocked to see her picked by the Lynx if she is still on the board. at 11. Would be ok by me. I've liked MSU since seeiing them in December & I like what I've seen in Kristen.

WAY TO STATE !!!!

BIG 10 BACK IN THE HOUSE ! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: