RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Penn State's student paper calls Portand out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 03/28/05 11:44 am    ::: Penn State's student paper calls Portand out Reply Reply with quote

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2005/03/03-28-05tdc/03-28-05dops-edit-01.asp

Also, two of the players Portland dismissed one week ago last night were reportedly engaged, and one of those two previously involved with an ex-Lady Lion who not long ago made a 'inexplicable' decision to head south.

http://www.pennstatehoops.com/modules/phpBB2.10/viewtopic.php?t=3179&postdays=0&postorder=desc&start=0

Sass

PostPosted: 03/28/05 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Holy blown covers, Batman!

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 03/28/05 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL!

That's what I thought, too, Sass, but am starting to think that maybe the pennstatehoops poster is implying the PSU players were engaged to each other.

Best line in the Rene Portland wars [which have been ongoing in the PSU forums since last Sunday]
Quote:
I assume you are speaking of me, and once again, you are wrong, mushmouth, I think I hear Renege calling. Something about needing her stretch marks loufahed.

http://www.pennlive.com/forums/psuhoopswomen/

[This particular forum doesn't appreciate dissent and wants the forum to publish the IP addresses of all posters because the pro-Renes think the anti-Renes boil down to one poster.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/28/05 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:

Best line in the Rene Portland wars [which have been ongoing in the PSU forums since last Sunday]

Quote:
I assume you are speaking of me, and once again, you are wrong, mushmouth, I think I hear Renege calling. Something about needing her stretch marks loufahed.

http://www.pennlive.com/forums/psuhoopswomen/

[This particular forum doesn't appreciate dissent and wants the forum to publish the IP addresses of all posters because the pro-Renes think the anti-Renes boil down to one poster.

Oh my god... that his hilarious. Trashing Rene and making a Caddyshack reference all at once. What could be better?

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/29/05 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

good god... i just spent about 10 minutes reading the Penn State board. I really have never seen anything like it. It's surreal.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/29/05 12:59 am    ::: Hey hey, Ho ho...Rene Portland's gotta go Reply Reply with quote

And to all who doubt the ol' adage "what goes around, comes around"...all I can say is "it couldn't happen to a nicer girl (Rene)". If she trashes enough people, at some point it'll be one person too many. You can't be an a$$hole AND lose games...I say "let er have it!"

If any of the three trashed players just happens to be "family" I hope they find their way to the nearest "out and proud" magazine. We CAN put an end to the hate and bigotry that's still too much alive in women's sports.

Today Rene Portland...tomorrow Sylvia Hatchell...it's time for these anachronisms to go where they belong: to the Renaissance Festivals with the Society of Creative Anachronisms. Can't you just see those too "femme wannabe's" duking it out in one of those "kind of the log" contests, or some such thing?

I coulda been somebody...I coulda been a contender...

~rAf

~rAf
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/29/05 2:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
good god... i just spent about 10 minutes reading the Penn State board. I really have never seen anything like it. It's surreal.

Made me actually long for the Boneyard...

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 03/29/05 11:57 am    ::: Re: Hey hey, Ho ho...Rene Portland's gotta go Reply Reply with quote

"Today Rene Portland...tomorrow Sylvia Hatchell..."

Question: I'm very familiar with the whole Rene Portland "No Lesbians on my team" story, which has been well documented in the press (and indeed I think she should have been fired 14 years ago)... But while I've heard this also said about Sylvia Hatchell, is there anything substantial to point to, or is it just rumor?

Thanks

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/29/05 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sylvia Hatchell openly told recruits not to go to Duke because of the lesbians on Duke's team. She told the story to one recruit and the recruit's parents. The recruit ended up picking Duke.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/29/05 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Sylvia Hatchell openly told recruits not to go to Duke because of the lesbians on Duke's team. She told the story to one recruit and the recruit's parents. The recruit ended up picking Duke.

Well that's because Sylvia told them that Elton Brand was the lesbian! She confuses easily as senility has set in.

She thought she was ordering the team a lot of ivory soap, and ended up with Ivory Latta instead....

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 03/29/05 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms said
Quote:
She thought she was ordering the team a lot of ivory soap, and ended up with Ivory Latta instead....

LOL! Quote of the week!

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 03/29/05 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Sylvia Hatchell openly told recruits not to go to Duke because of the lesbians on Duke's team."

There are/were lesbians on Duke's team? I'm shocked, shocked!

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/29/05 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:

I can definitely attest about that board. I posted there after Marquette's win over Penn State in early January and was accused by a fan on the board of being a troll who was really a Penn State fan - all b/c I had the audacity to say Marquette deserved some credit for the win and it wasn't just the refs fault...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: