RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dydek traded to CT for #8 pick?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keegan

PostPosted: 03/27/05 12:52 am    ::: Dydek traded to CT for #8 pick? Reply Reply with quote

The Dydek to CT rumour is an old one but SonOfOovy is reporting that this trade has occurred.
Smoovie

PostPosted: 03/27/05 2:36 am    ::: Re: Dydek traded to CT for #8 pick? Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
The Dydek to CT rumour is an old one but SonOfOovy is reporting that this trade has occurred.

maybe a change, would do her good

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
Sass

PostPosted: 03/27/05 2:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe a kick in her lazy butt would do her good. Laughing

herrade

PostPosted: 03/27/05 8:02 am    ::: Re: Dydek traded to CT for #8 pick? Reply Reply with quote

wonder what dts is going to say about this... i don't want to see dydek anywhere near the sun... unless she's wearing a different uniform.

PostPosted: 03/27/05 9:31 am    ::: Re: Dydek traded to CT for #8 pick? Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
wonder what dts is going to say about this... i don't want to see dydek anywhere near the sun... unless she's wearing a different uniform.

I'm willing to give her a shot (like I have a choice); Taj and Asjha are a solid low post presence so Margo can play the high post. My prime concern is Mike likes to run, and Margo is far from a fast break offensive player. Hopefully some shot blocking ignites the break, or at the least covers for the defensive liabilities of Lindsay and when Keesh gambles and loses.

I hate to give up that pick though...unless Mike was thinking Feenstra with it, then I can't give it up fast enough!

styxfan22

PostPosted: 03/27/05 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How will the deal affect what the SASS does in the draft? Will they try to trade up to get Irvin or McCarville or maybe draft Feestra or Lyttle at the 8?

Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 03/27/05 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

styxfan22 wrote:
How will the deal affect what the SASS does in the draft? Will they try to trade up to get Irvin or McCarville or maybe draft Feestra or Lyttle at the 8?

come on Dan,you know you want Chas...for the #8 she is all yours Smile

styxfan22

PostPosted: 03/27/05 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticwiz: Why do you want to get rid of Chas? She played great after Holdsclaw left last season. Who do you think would be available at 8 that's better?

Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 03/27/05 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

styxfan22 wrote:
Mysticwiz: Why do you want to get rid of Chas? She played great after Holdsclaw left last season. Who do you think would be available at 8 that's better?

why?she does not rebound.she only works when she wants to work, and her "needing more touches" attitude really does not sit well with me.she does not need more touches, because she is incapable of passing out of a double team.Chas wants to be a 1st\1A option it won't happen here...

who would i draft at #8?depends on who i get at #6, though i would still be trying to move up.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/27/05 12:55 pm    ::: Re: Dydek traded to CT for #8 pick? Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:

I have heard the rumor for a while, but nothing was happening on that front, so I dismissed it.

It isn't a bad deal fo SASS, as I have been advocating dumping Dydek since 2002. But is #8 all they can get? Unfortunately, it probably is.

Still, maybe SASS could get someone like Batteast at #8...or take Sancho Lyttle and let her develop.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/27/05 6:44 pm    ::: Re: Dydek traded to CT for #8 pick? Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't mid that for CT. This isn't a particularly good draft, and I expect Mike could get more out of Dydek in the short run than out of someone like Lyttle or Feenstra. I have been having a bad feeling he would take Feenstra and I would rather have a 7'1 slow, unathletic body in the post than a 6'8 one.

Margo plenty of good things with her, and size in the post definitely wouldn't hurt the Sun. Taj and Jones make a pretty short frontcourt.

A good move for San Antonio. They need to rebuild almost from the ground up. I wish the Fever would seriously consider a trade of the No. 2 for the No. 4 and 8.

Or, with the No. 8, maybe the No. 4 could be on the block? Jackson and perhaps Ivey or Schuey for the No. 4? How much would I love to get Irvin and Wecker for the Fever.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/28/05 9:28 am    ::: Re: Dydek traded to CT for #8 pick? Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I wouldn't mid that for CT. This isn't a particularly good draft, and I expect Mike could get more out of Dydek in the short run than out of someone like Lyttle or Feenstra. I have been having a bad feeling he would take Feenstra and I would rather have a 7'1 slow, unathletic body in the post than a 6'8 one.

Too funny Matty, I said almost the exact same words at home! If I've gotta have a slow, white girl give me 7'2 instead of 6'8! Laughing

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/28/05 9:39 am    ::: Re: Dydek traded to CT for #8 pick? Reply Reply with quote

As they say ... Great minds think alike ....

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/28/05 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

anyone got a link to any posts on this? Keegan said oovy says it's done, but I've looked and I can't find it anywhere.

Cam do you have anything new on this?

Alepp03

PostPosted: 03/28/05 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it true that LeCoe was more efficient in her minute last year than Margo?

Still, if Margo can at least help on the boards and pick up some easy trash baskets, it will allow Taj and Ashja to devote more attention to the offensive end. I hope there aren't any other real roster shake-ups for the Sun. Whalen, KtD, Sales, Taj, and Ashja are easy to cheer for.

PostPosted: 03/28/05 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw Feenstra play for the first time on Saturday. Given the hype, I was expecting the second coming (of Shaq, silly).

Boy, was I disappointed. I know that LSU is quick quick quick, but even still, she looked s-l-o-w. And footwork? She doesn't even move her feet!

Nothing special. She'll last a year or two in the W.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/28/05 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
Is it true that LeCoe was more efficient in her minute last year than Margo?

Yes, but that's not surprising. Can Le'Coe do it over 25-30 mins though?

SOO has reported on the ESPN board that there has been a hitch in the trade due to the fact that a guarantee cannot be provided that Margo will actually show up.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/28/05 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SOO has reported on the ESPN board that there has been a hitch in the trade due to the fact that a guarantee cannot be provided that Margo will actually show up.

There are other hitches, namely the length of the contract, the salary, and how much of it is guaranteed.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/28/05 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Margs still earning the max (or close to it)?
pilight

PostPosted: 03/28/05 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Is Margs still earning the max (or close to it)?

She was cored, so yes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: