RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Janel McCarville & Steffanie Blackmon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four

PostPosted: 03/28/05 9:08 pm    ::: Re: Janel McCarville & Steffanie Blackmon Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:
The way she laughed at that girl after she set the pick wasn't very sportsmanlinke in my opinion.

I didn't see that one. I suspect Janel gets a lot of shit on and off the court, and probably always has. I don't see her as a thug, because I'm not picking up on malice. It just seems like she has established a buffer for herself. How should she react when Baylor fans are calling her a "big ugly dyke"? You think she hasn't heard that one before? Banking on her own self-confidence seems like a better bet than the Mendiola approach.

Lindsay Whalen on McCarville:
Quote:
Anyone that knows her knows that she is her own person and she embraces that.

Exactly.

I know there were things said about McCarville on Baylor messege boards and people make horrible comments about her all the time. It is pretty sad, but the "big ugly dyke" comments...Were those chanted by Baylor fans or something?

Also, the AP article following the Baylor win against Minnesota was a total stab at McCarville. I couldn't believe how mean it was towards her, and false information.

Well moving on...
I think Janel will do great in the WNBA. Her only major downfall is her shooting. She has been taking some bad shots in games towards the end of the season. And she missing shots that should be nothing but net. It is obvious that she can make almost any shot from the floor because she has proved in many games this past year. I think concentration has a lot to do with it, and that can be improved immediately.
Her rebounding is second to none. (Record holder in NCAA tourney, in just 5 games. 3rd all time in NCAA tourney. 1st in Big Ten.)
McCarville is a great passer and in the WNBA her teamates will actually know what to do with it. Minnesota is good but they do not compare to the talent in the WNBA.
McCarville was the game plan for opposing teams all year. It will not be like that at the next level.

Right now, all McCarville has to do is prepare for the WNBA. Sota's season is over, she has declined participation in all-star events, she has declined showcase workouts, and she is done with school. Janel is all business, and that is why she will be good as a pro.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/28/05 9:45 pm    ::: Re: Janel McCarville & Steffanie Blackmon Reply Reply with quote

the "fat ugly dyke" wasn't a direct quote. It was an brief amalgam of about 50+ posts on that board in the last week, which fell into four basic categories: (1) weight, (2) ugliness, (3) manliness, and (4) deviant sexual orientation.

(I guess you could say that's really three categories, because aren't (3) and (4) the same? Or maybe they're all the same category, on the the theory is that only "fat," "ugly," and "manly" women are lesbians because no man would take them...)

There were also an unusual number of google searches last week for "Janel McCarville lesbian" and "Janel McCarville dyke." I know, because most of those idiots end up at my site.

I wonder where they all came from...

(Now that I've written those words together on this site, the google-referred bigots will come here. My message to them: fuck you!)

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 03/28/05 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
(Now that I've written those words together on this site, the google-referred bigots will come here. My message to them: fuck you!)

Gee, thanx Ted. LOL

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/28/05 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
Quote:

Gee, thanx Ted. LOL

no problem. Anything I can do to help traffic.

Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 03/28/05 10:00 pm    ::: Re: Janel McCarville & Steffanie Blackmon Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
deviant sexual orientation.

Some people might take exception to the word "deviant" in this context.

PostPosted: 03/28/05 10:13 pm    ::: Re: Janel McCarville & Steffanie Blackmon Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
womens_hoops wrote:
deviant sexual orientation.

Some people might take exception to the word "deviant" in this context.

yes, some people might. Some people, unfortunately, might not.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/28/05 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"You're a sexual deviant"

"... meaning we have fun?"
womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/28/05 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

speaking of deviance and having fun, is that avatar a pipe, keegs? or am i just one of those folks with so much thc in his brain that everything looks like a pipe?

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/28/05 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
speaking of deviance and having fun, is that avatar a pipe, keegs? or am i just one of those folks with so much thc in his brain that everything looks like a pipe?

Um yes, it's a pipe...
Four

PostPosted: 03/28/05 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it is funny that young men who attend Baylor think they are cool for spending hours and hours a day making fun of women college basketball players...

Don't worry, I checked...We are still cool for spending hours and hours a day making fun of Baylor boys who make fun of women college basketball players.

And anyways, I do not believe Janel McCarville is gay. Girl athletes pretty much get that stereotype everywhere. No matter what sport or what someone looks like, if they are a girl and they are good at sports, people automatically say something about being a man. Sadly, the stereotypes come with the territory.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/28/05 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Four wrote:

Don't worry, I checked...We are still cool for spending hours and hours a day making fun of Baylor boys who make fun of women college basketball players.

thank god. I always want to make sure to be "cooler than thou" rather than "holier than thou." That's what being a blue state cosmopolitan hipster is all about. And if Hollywood has taught me anything, it's that you ain't worth shit if you ain't a blue state cosmopolitan hipster.

Four wrote:
I do not believe Janel McCarville is gay.

Um... well... probably it's better if I just let that one go.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/28/05 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:

Um yes, it's a pipe...

maybe i shouldn't have brought it up. I don't like outing people.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/28/05 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
Keegan wrote:

Um yes, it's a pipe...

maybe i shouldn't have brought it up. I don't like outing people.

Laughing

Actually, part of the reason why I put it up was to see what kind of reaction it would get. Anything else is solely your own interpretation...

Heh, my 666th post Twisted Evil

As for being outed, I'm more than capable of doing that myself! That's what happened with regards to my deviancy Wink
Four

PostPosted: 03/28/05 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Four wrote:
I do not believe Janel McCarville is gay.

Um... well... probably it's better if I just let that one go.[/quote]

Well now I have to know....

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/28/05 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Actually, part of the reason why I put it up was to see what kind of reaction it would get. Anything else is solely your own interpretation...

Heh, my 666th post Twisted Evil

you are truly a boy after my own heart. [searching in vain for a heart emoticon.]

herrade

PostPosted: 03/28/05 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Um... well... probably it's better if I just let that one go.

uhh... yeah.

PostPosted: 03/29/05 12:04 am    ::: pipes and such Reply Reply with quote

Keegan: sometimes a pipe is just a pipe. (A cigar, however...)

Ted: doesn't living in Minnesota make me a purple-state hipster? States decided by less than five points aren't really blue...

Baylor: that team is a pleasure to watch. I really enjoyed seeing their passing and their patience triumph over UNC's pure speed, strength and impatience (and over a several-minute Baylor scoring drought--having seen them come back fast before, I thought UNC would win nearly till the end). And Sophia Young's personal story is really inspiring. Her scoring Saturday would have been inspiring, had she not been playing my team.

It's too bad-- and not the players' fault-- that Baylor has such a**h***es for online fans. (The one Baylor fan who dropped by the Gopher board-- he or she goes by "True Colors"-- has been nothing but respectful and articulate, by contrast.)

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/29/05 12:29 am    ::: Re: pipes and such Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
Keegan: sometimes a pipe is just a pipe. (A cigar, however...)

Ted: doesn't living in Minnesota make me a purple-state hipster? States decided by less than five points aren't really blue...

well, the trouble is that living in Minnesota makes us not-at-all hipsters, I'm afraid. We are fly-over-territory, provincial, losers. At least I can one-up people by saying I used to live in Cali. And at least we're not in Waco.

The other trouble with living Minnesota is that no one has any beautiful glass pipes and various other funnery and whatnot. I mean, what does it take to find some Thaistick and 2CB around this backwater hellhole?

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/29/05 12:33 am    ::: Re: pipes and such Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
The other trouble with living Minnesota is that no one has any beautiful glass pipes and various other funnery and whatnot. I mean, what does it take to find some Thaistick and 2CB around this backwater hellhole?

It's who you know Wink

No, I don't know anybody in Minnesota *smirks*

Maybe I'll take up decorating glass pipes as a hobby.
Shaqfan

PostPosted: 03/29/05 1:27 am    ::: Good one Reply Reply with quote

Womenshoops writes:

RebKell replies......

"Gee, thanx Ted. LOL"

I would like to thank you both, because this really made me laugh tonight. That was really funny. I havent laughed in two days, so that was good.

funny, very funny

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/29/05 2:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Sexual deviant" is a term ascribed to others by people who aren't getting any.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/29/05 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
womens_hoops wrote:

Um yes, it's a pipe...

Gee, I must be an old Jewish fart; I thought it was a shofar! Laughing

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/29/05 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

You made me Google it. I have learned my something new for the day!

Pipe/ritual horn... interchangeable? Wink
dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/29/05 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

You made me Google it. I have learned my something new for the day!

Pipe/ritual horn... interchangeable? Wink

To some!

inky

PostPosted: 03/29/05 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
I thought it was a shofar!

I will be chuckling about that for weeks, my friend. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: