RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sad to report the passing of...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/25/05 10:26 pm    ::: Sad to report the passing of... Reply Reply with quote

The New York Times WNBA forum.

As I've never let many of you forget, that's where I started posting on WNBA basketball back in 1998. The place never really got going at any point except at the very beginning but it was a nice little bunch of folks at the time.

The thing is that the entire thread was intact from the very beginning and every page and post was readable up until very recently. Don't know why they would kill the thing. Whatever.

They also used to archive dead forums for reading only. They don't do that anymore. I guess it takes storage space, etc. but jeez... it's only text and it IS the NYTimes we're talking about. If google can give a gig storage with each email account I'm sure the Times could have found a place to archive these freaking HTML pages. lol!

It's a bummer because the old Lewinsky scandal forum was just the craziest thing you ever saw. lol! It was archived for years and then poof, it was gone.

Anyway... the shut down of the WNBA forum, not that anyone posted there, nevertheless does further limit the available boards that WNBA fans have as an outlet and helps, I'm supposing, concentrate things here on Reb's board. So it goes.

Very Happy

sambista

PostPosted: 03/26/05 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

on another note, perhaps the shape of things to come, jammer, did you hear/read that the times company bought about.com? here's your chance to become a "guide" and fill your world with yammer, jammer.

PostPosted: 03/26/05 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
on another note, perhaps the shape of things to come, jammer, did you hear/read that the times company bought about.com? here's your chance to become a "guide" and fill your world with yammer, jammer.

What's this "about" about? What's a guide? I think I've been to an "about" website about photography. It was pretty good. Is this where you set yourself up as an expert on something and then instruct or inform everyone "about" your field of expertise etc.

My mind drifts to some possible jammer-uses for something like that. Hmmm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: