RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

This Tournament Stuff Has Me So Confused!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/23/05 1:22 pm    ::: This Tournament Stuff Has Me So Confused! Reply Reply with quote

Feenstra: "We're not fearful, we don't have anything to be fearful of, we have the Lord on our side, that's the biggest strength that we have."

DePaul is the largest Catholic University in the country

Liberty beats DePaul.

So does that mean that Baptist trumps Catholic?

And would Yeshiva take them all?

I'm so confused by this tournament stuff.... Confused

Alepp03

PostPosted: 03/23/05 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's take a second to recognize that post-creating the world, God has no direct hand in our basketball playing endeavors. Understood? Thanks.

PostPosted: 03/23/05 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
Let's take a second to recognize that post-creating the world, God has no direct hand in our basketball playing endeavors. Understood? Thanks.

indirect hand?

gumption72

PostPosted: 03/23/05 5:19 pm    ::: Re: This Tournament Stuff Has Me So Confused! Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Feenstra: "We're not fearful, we don't have anything to be fearful of, we have the Lord on our side, that's the biggest strength that we have."

Liberty beats DePaul.

I'm so confused by this tournament stuff.... Confused

Yeah, as I watched Feenstra claim the Lord for her cause, I realized that as a trumped Catholic, I am left to rubbing shiny pennies on horses asses and eating frog lips for my team's good luck. Do the Christian Scientists or maybe Satan have a lucky headband collection? Shalom. Laughing

inky

PostPosted: 03/23/05 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just want to know what's to be "fearful" of in a basketball game - as long as Latasha Byears isn't playing, anyway.

Ballwinner

PostPosted: 03/24/05 12:43 am    ::: Don't fear the Christian Scientists Reply Reply with quote

The bottom dweller of our conference in women's basketball is Principia College, which is Christian Science.

PostPosted: 03/24/05 1:23 am    ::: Re: Don't fear the Christian Scientists Reply Reply with quote

Ballwinner wrote:
The bottom dweller of our conference in women's basketball is Principia College, which is Christian Science.

And many evangelicals would tell you that Christian Science, just like Roman Catholicism, is a cult in their eyes, and, by default then, God's eyes, too. So that just proves their point!

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/24/05 11:17 am    ::: post-creating the world Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:

If the world was created by a post player, that would explain PSU's recent failures come tournament time, no? Rolling Eyes

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/24/05 12:41 pm    ::: Re: This Tournament Stuff Has Me So Confused! Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Liberty beats DePaul.

Winner plays BYU.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/24/05 12:42 pm    ::: Re: This Tournament Stuff Has Me So Confused! Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Liberty beats DePaul.

Winner plays BYU.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/24/05 1:09 pm    ::: Re: This Tournament Stuff Has Me So Confused! Reply Reply with quote

Just wait till Monaghan gets Ave Maria up and running. He's apparently starting it because he thinks other Catholic schools like Notre Dame and BC are too secular.

http://www.bcheights.com/news/2003/03/24/Features/Dominos.Pizza.Founder.Establishes.Conservative.Catholic.Colleges-397905.shtml

And it sounds like he wants to have a big sports presence.

Yikes!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/24/05 1:14 pm    ::: Re: This Tournament Stuff Has Me So Confused! Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
Just wait till Monaghan gets Ave Maria up and running. He's apparently starting it because he thinks other Catholic schools like Notre Dame and BC are too secular.

http://www.bcheights.com/news/2003/03/24/Features/Dominos.Pizza.Founder.Establishes.Conservative.Catholic.Colleges-397905.shtml

And it sounds like he wants to have a big sports presence.

Yikes!

I heard the school cafeteria serves Pizza Hut! Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: