RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Hey Keira (and others) - Liberty stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 03/22/05 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
If you think Feaster is a good defender because of GM surveys and one vote in DPOTY, fair enough. I don't think that invalidates all other opinions though and nor is it proof that Feaster is a good defender. All it proves is that some other people think Feaster is a good defender.

outstanding! someone studied logic, actually understood it and it stuck!

PostPosted: 03/22/05 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
Am I the only one who sees a Charlotte/LA finals again???

I think Charlotte have even more question marks than L.A. Lacey has amassed a lot of talent but she's not a particularly good coach and I don't think the pieces fit. If Tammy Sutton-Brown realises that she can be a post monster and Sheri Sam rediscovers past form (I think this is unlikely), then yes but I still think Connecticut is the class of the East.
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/22/05 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's clear Cam that you do not want to leave yourself open to have your opinion discredited so you are refusing to accept any possible evidence as proof.

Afraid to accept? Idea

I DARED you to accept the example of a survey of the GMs which identify Feaster as being a top defender and you even refused that! Exclamation That says a lot. OK, how about this? I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU to accept it Twisted Evil

Arrow

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/22/05 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral, see my previous comment. You see, Admiral, I actually responded to you.

You have avoided the FACTS. You were called out about the shooting percentages, about DPOY voting, etc. You never responded to that.

You have avoided explaining your FAULTY LOGIC and FAULTY EVIDENTIARY BASE (see SeBibb's comment and your previous inconsistent statements).

I already responded to your comment about the surveys. You seem to keep ignoring that. You also ignore why it is evidence, but not conclusive proof. You fail to provide the requisite statistical information regarding the survery (as I delineated in my message).

Keep on going with your emoticons, color-filled messages, and vain attempts to live sexual fantasies through the posting of WNBA players with suggestive language. Everyone on the board saw how you avoid responding to messages where your claims are disproved by FACTUAL evidence.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/22/05 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here is the question:

What would be conclusive proof?
Question

You say you want stats, surveys, etc... but you refuse to provide details so you can just dismiss them at the wave of your hand. I dared you to be more specific, and you bascially explained that you want a GM Survey that has been audited by a 3rd party with open books which you can examine. You know that's impossible. But that's the way you want it right? Make it so it's impossible for someone to provide evidence of you being wrong? So you can perpetually say "Nah, that's not good enough? Figures... Rolling Eyes

It's clear that you like to dismiss other's opinions by demanding stats and surveys, but for you to give an opinion you feel entitled to give no more than just unsubstantiated subjective statements and use other people's ass kissing as proof. Idea

If you can't even accept a GM Survey about Feaster, then it is clear that you're just afraid of being proved wrong. Idea Again, I dare you to accept these terms and establish a point of reference.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/22/05 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
If you can't even accept a GM Survey about Feaster, then it is clear that you're just afraid of being proved wrong

No, Admiral. It is clear you cannot read.

Admiral, all you had to do was explain the GM survey. Explain the parameters...were players presented to the GMs or did were there blanks where the GMs inserted names without being prompted with multiple choice? When was the survey taken? Which players were included? Were any rules given?

All you had to do was answer these questions. And you ignore them, time after time after time. Again, no matter how big you make the font, no matter how many colors you use, no matter how many times you post your suggestive pictures, it doesn't change the fact that I responded to your question, and you continue to fail to respond to my posts.

Quote:
What would be conclusive proof?

Who says there is conclusive proof? You treat a GM survey, which may or may not exist (you still haven't responded to THOSE inconsistencies in your posts), as conclusive proof, but fail to provide the parameters. Those surveys are opinions. As soon as someone questioned your opinion WITH FACTS, you got caught in your lie about the GM surveys.

All I did was question the basis for your opinions...by pointing to the FACTS. How you can classify the ACTUAL VOTES for DPOY as my opinion is beyond me....

Quote:
You say you want stats, surveys, etc... but you refuse to provide details so you can just dismiss them at the wave of your hand.

You still have failed to respond to my 5+ messages about your comments re Feaster as a shooter, DPOY voting. Presumably, you have conceded YOU WERE WRONG (since the STATISTICS show you were wrong).

You have failed to respond to your comment about how you "KNOW" GMs rank Feaster re her defensive prowess, then your comment about how you still needed to take a survey of GMs.

Quote:
use other people's ass kissing as proof.

Admiral, you are done in by your own words and posts. When everyone else can recognize it, you call it people kissing my ass??? ROFLMAO!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/22/05 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan found the survey:

http://www.wnba.com/features/general_manager_survey04.html

As expected, Crystal Robinson and Alana Beard were not listed as choices!!! It was a multiple choice, where Feaster finished tied for 3rd with 5 other players. There wasn't even an option for "other" in case a GM wanted to pick someone else not on the list. Interesting to note that FIVE of the eight players (including Feaster) in the survey did not receive ANY votes for DPOY in 2004.

Again, Admiral, you (hopefully) can FINALLY see why your request for immediate acceptance of a GM survey, without parameters, cannot be conclusive proof, but is evidence, taken in context.

Now, as for responding to the FACTS I posted (shooting percentages, DPOY voting), I can wait...for that, and for the Wecker explanation.

Last edited by CamrnCrz1974 on 03/22/05 8:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Keegan

PostPosted: 03/22/05 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hahahaha no such details were provided about the GM survey. Let's see what it actually is:

http://www.wnba.com/features/general_manager_survey04.html

Quote:
I know she is ranked in the Top 3 by GMs.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

She's not. 1/12 GMs think she is the best perimeter defender in the WNBA.

Quote:
a GM Survey that has been audited by a 3rd party with open books which you can examine

Proof?

You're basing your whole argument around a really dodgy looking survey. Enough said.

Time for some 80s disco!

You spin me right round, baby
Right round like a record, baby
Right round round round
You spin me right round, baby
Right round like a record, baby
Right round round round
BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/22/05 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh shit, there you go again with the bullshit merry-go-round.
Fuck what the GMs think, they are all clueless. How is that for a FACT?

PostPosted: 03/23/05 1:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep, in 2004, WNBA.com asked all the GMs who is the best pure shooter, who is the best perimeter defender, who is the most underrated, and who is the best locker room leader. Feaster was named in all categories. Exclamation

14 other players are tied for 5th in the 'Most Underrated' category. That points to the likelihood that the survey wasn't multiple choice and that there weren't any omissions. Idea

Allison Feaster got Defensive Player of the Year votes not just in 2003, but also in 2000 and 2001. Exclamation

I have therefore provided more than enough evidence to legitimize my previously stated opinion that Feaster is a top defender, one of the best pure-shooters, and one of the most underrated players in the league. Idea Enough said. Arrow

Gotcha... Cool

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/23/05 3:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ahhh the VeProf tactic of avoiding questions asked.

Enough said indeed Laughing
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/23/05 5:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
14 other players are tied for 5th in the 'Most Underrated' category. That points to the likelihood that the survey wasn't multiple choice and that there weren't any omissions

Not when you are given a list and are allowed to vote more than once in that category!!!

Quote:
Allison Feaster got Defensive Player of the Year votes not just in 2003, but also in 2000 and 2001

How many votes did she get in 2000? 2001? She got ONE vote in 2003 and none in 2004, contrary to your previous claims.

Quote:
I have therefore provided more than enough evidence to legitimize my previously stated opinion that Feaster is a top defender, one of the best pure-shooters, and one of the most underrated players in the league

No, you haven't. Re shooting, see the percentages. And where have you demonstrated she is one of the best pure shooters???

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/23/05 5:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Ahhh the VeProf tactic of avoiding questions asked.

Enough said indeed Laughing

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/23/05 5:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
How many votes did she get in 2000? 2001?

One vote in 2001

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketba/wnba/sol/2001-08-17-black.htm

One vote in 2000 (the math is easy to do)

http://www.winnipegsun.com/BasketballWomen/aug15_swo.html

Let's see... maybe a media rep from the Charlotte market might keep voting for Feaster? Like that never happens Rolling Eyes

As for "one of the best pure shooters", she's a good shooter but you can't call a player who can't even shoot above 40% from the field, one of the best pure shooters in the league. Some of us don't have low standards.
Needa_Shag

PostPosted: 03/23/05 7:30 am    ::: My Final Word on Perimeter Defenders Reply Reply with quote

Cam Rolling Eyes get a clue Idea and stop embarrassing yourself Embarassed

You claim that all I do is use pretty colors, attempt lame innuendo and am not capable of analysis?
I can do analysis when I feel like it:

Top 3 Perimeter Defenders

1. Sheryl Swoopes
One of the all-time best perimeter defenders. She loves to give head Surprised coaches nightmares by disrupting their plays as she gets her hands on a lot of balls. Often called on when there is a hole to be filled because despite her age she has the flexibility to perform in so many positions Wink She particularly loves it in the rear-end of the season, as shown by her record in the playoffs - where she will blow her opponent off the court. Give her a mouthful at your own peril because she lets her game do the talking.

2. Alana Beard
Highly successful transition from the amateurs to doing it as a professional Shocked in fact I can picture her doing it for many years to come. Her dexterity and active hands often result in balls deflecting all over the place, and when it comes to getting down & dirty on the floor she'll be the first one diving in. She will leave a lot of girls licked this year. Don't be fooled by her sweet looks - she will whip you mercilessly and leave you begging for it to stop. Always unselfish at both ends, Deny her the scoring stats and she will happily take it in the assist column instead.

3. Alison Feaster
In a survey of the last 3 WNBA VGM winners, Alison was voted as the 3rd most shaggable perimeter defender. Superb at guarding the dribble, she very rarely allows any penetration on her, although she is occasionally known to slip back too far and cop a facial. She gives as hard as she takes, but isn't only a top defender. Alison also loves to score, Wink and when she is stroking it sweetly Razz it really excites me as a fan. I met her once and despite trying to play it cool I ended up just gushing all over her.

Arrow

Wecker? Shocked

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/23/05 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh that is so wrong.
Needa_Shag

PostPosted: 03/23/05 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
that is so wrong.

Rolling Eyes
Proof please, ass-kisser.

That post is widely regarded as being right.Suppose I told you that 8.3% of my imaginary friends agreed that it was completely accurate. Would that convince you?

Arrow

Wecker? Shocked

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/23/05 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Absolutely the funniest thing I have ever seen on a message board!!!!!!!!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/23/05 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now that is a thread that turned in a few different directions!
Laughing

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/23/05 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BTTT...still hysterical.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/24/05 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ah, Spring, when a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of...well...love, I guess.

PostPosted: 03/24/05 12:24 pm    ::: Re: My Final Word on Perimeter Defenders Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

So funny!!

Needa_Shag

PostPosted: 03/25/05 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you, thank you all for your kind words. Very Happy
It is only fair then that we also give credit to my inspiration, the one and only truly original: Embarassed no, not the Pink Panther, I am of course referring to Idea Admiral Needa.

For a long while now he has been baiting me with his deceptive controversial headlines. He has done it on many occasions, and has become quite a master at his craft. So let me give a big shout out to the board's most prolific master baiter Razz

My name's Admiral Needa Shag. Check me out again some time, I'll be here every morning this week.
Thank you again.
Mr. Green

Wecker? Shocked

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/25/05 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
For a long while now he has been baiting me with his deceptive controversial headlines. He has done it on many occasions, and has become quite a master at his craft

So he is a master baiter...kind of ruins the Lauren Jackson B&W images.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/01/05 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notice Admiral still has not responded re his comments about the survey and the votes, after his evidentiary arguments were shot down.

OTOH, Needa_Shag's posts still make me laugh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: