RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Holdsclaw trade possibilities update
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/17/05 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't give Blaze that much credit, but I think the truth lies inbetween those two realities. I would ASSume she's relying too much on the NY factor, and it will indeed boil down to that, IMO. TPTB could have a say on it too. I know, new commish and all, but seriously, if Holdsclaw leaves Washington, will Beard be the one that puts fannies in the seats right away?
I don't think so...it will take time. SOOO, major ASSumption again, I would have to think another popular player, as in This Is Who I Ain't poster child popular, would have to go to DC. We're talking about the multiple attendance banners Mique helped them win (and that's also why she's so valuable). I coined the NYque nickname and I stand by it. It's the only viable solution for a league struggling to convince people it is good summer entertainment.

PostPosted: 03/17/05 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
bluewolfvii wrote:
Quote:
what, we get yo and mique? works for me! lol!

More like

NY gets Mique
Washington gets Yo and Nicole Powell
Sacto gets Christon and VJ

Earlier rumors had Yo going for Christon and VJ, so why would SAC now give away Nicole Powell? Essentially that would be like Trading:

Yo
    Tan
    2nd round pick

for

Christon
    VJ

...which sounds ridiculous Shocked

I won't sound so ridiculous when Christon is tearing up defenses wherever she is...and Yo is watching that in her big screen TV, and dude, Tangela is nothing like you make her out to be. It was overrated for overrated, so it was equal.

PostPosted: 03/17/05 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

]If Tan's overrated, then Nicole Powell is a pig that is flying Razz

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 03/17/05 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not as ridiculous as trading Tan Smith and the 2006 no.2 for Powell and some trinkets was in the first place.

I'm still back on the Swoopes and no.5 for Claw. If that deal had gone down, not only does Washington get Swoopes. It has the no. 5 and no. 6 picks which it might have parlayed for the no.1 if Currie comes out.

If Holdsclaw nixed that one and I'm the Washington GM, I'm pissed.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/17/05 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
Not as ridiculous as trading Tan Smith and the 2006 no.2 for Powell and some trinkets was in the first place.

I'm still back on the Swoopes and no.5 for Claw. If that deal had gone down, not only does Washington get Swoopes. It has the no. 5 and no. 6 picks which it might have parlayed for the no.1 if Currie comes out.

If Holdsclaw nixed that one and I'm the Washington GM, I'm pissed.

If Washington didn't make that trade because NYque nixed it, then there are two possibilities:
1. Summit isn't independent/qualified enough for the job;
2. Hargrove picked up the phone.

PostPosted: 03/17/05 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG wrote
Quote:
It won't sound so ridiculous when Christon is tearing up defenses

That, too. Whiz has to come up with the points he lost with Tan Smith somewhere.

I know it was Tan who Whiz traded for Nicole, but what if part of that was fitting Tan's salary under Sacramento's cap, and part of that was setting up for a go at Christon.

Christon's name has been mentioned in trade talks between Whisenant and Blaze since the beginning. Christon's cheaper than either Tan or Nicole, and with Christon, Whisenant gets an extra year at $ for 4 under. And between Tan Smith and Nicole Powell, maybe Whisenant thinks the 'Baby' has more of an upside than either.

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 03/17/05 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG said
Quote:
If Washington didn't make that trade because NYque nixed it, then there are two possibilities:
1. Summit isn't independent/qualified enough for the job;
2. Hargrove picked up the phone.

Like Blaze, Hargrove is the kind of general manager one must preoccupy with bobblehead hair trimming duties in order to distract when these trade calls come in.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/17/05 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

now I'M getting upset at the prospect of losing christon.

PostPosted: 03/17/05 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Blaze doesn't take risks. Sending Becky to an eastern conference team is a risk. If DC was willing to take VJ and Christion or Robinson and Christion, Mique would be here by now. But why should they when they can have Swoopes, Ticha, Yo or Walker or Milton-Jones plus one of those teams' picks? If NY gets Mique this year, it will be because higher ups in the organziation, higher than Blaze, said to do so no matter who needs to go, at which point Blaze may as well start packing her office belongings.
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/17/05 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
Blaze doesn't take risks. Sending Becky to an eastern conference team is a risk. If DC was willing to take VJ and Christion or Robinson and Christion, Mique would be here by now. But why should they when they can have Swoopes, Ticha, Yo or Walker or Milton-Jones plus one of those teams' picks? If NY gets Mique this year, it will be because higher ups in the organziation, higher than Blaze, said to do so no matter who needs to go, at which point Blaze may as well start packing her office belongings.

For those reasons, I think the best way to acquire Mique would be in 2006 when she's a FA. Better hope the Mystics blow next year or whatever team she goes to...

suemar

PostPosted: 03/17/05 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just reading about Mique. Both Mystic site and Ny site very quiet. One thing you all missed is the Mystic M. Page factor. Not signed yet and playing in Spain with Mique. Bet on its a go for both from DC and on to either NY OR Utah!!! Thoughts?

PostPosted: 03/17/05 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

suemar has been away from the league for a while...UTAH???

Alepp03

PostPosted: 03/17/05 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Utah?

*giggle*

Right.

PostPosted: 03/17/05 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry, suemar, you are probably trying to make a really good point, but just to bring you up to date, there is no WNBA franchise in UTAH any more. It is in San Antonio, Texas now...and no, that doesn't make a lot of sense, but that happened a few years ago.

Continue with your point, if you wish.

Welcome to the board...we only pick on the people we like.

therese_defarge

PostPosted: 03/17/05 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm amazed by all this talk. Chamique is damaged goods.
1. depression
2. has never made her team better, in fact Washington's efforts last year proved the opposite.
So if I'm a GM I don't trade anything I value for her.

Swoopes = living legend. DPOY in 2003. High efficiency rating in 2004. I would value her.

Yo = living legend. Heart and soul of Sacramento. Shut down Leslie in 2004 playoffs. One of the best a t the Olympics. I would value her.

NY: One point guard and expected improvement from Christon from being serious contender. I wouldn't trade anybody.

Milton: Also damaged goods with major injury concerns in recent years. Deep into veteran territory. On the other hand, why add a player who insists on the offence going through her. If Chamique is bad chemistry in Washington she will be pure poison in LA.

Perhaps Minny might be prepared to trade Lassiter for her.

PostPosted: 03/17/05 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
Utah?

*giggle*

Right.

I had some Mormons visit me a couple of weeks ago. They saw my W paraphenalia and we got talking about the Starzz. They missed the team.

PostPosted: 03/17/05 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm still using the fragrance "Denial" and assuming these other teams want Holdsclaw, but Washington doesn't want to trade her.

PostPosted: 03/17/05 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe they're hoping somebody will offer LJ or DT for the Claw.

Earth to Linda Hargrove - most people don't think like you. Being exploited in trades may earn you a bit of karma (benevolence and all) but you're pretty screwed in this life!
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/17/05 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Maybe they're hoping somebody will offer LJ or DT for the Claw.

Earth to Linda Hargrove - most people don't think like you. Being exploited in trades may earn you a bit of karma (benevolence and all) but you're pretty screwed in this life!

LJ & DT aren't going anywhere unless they're traded for one another. Besides, if I was Phoenix or Seattle, I would keep DT or LJ and tell Washington to look elsewhere. I respect Chamique's talent, but I would just rather have DT or LJ. I wouldn't mind Chamique & Diana being on the same team, however Smile .

suemar

PostPosted: 03/18/05 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Opps! Boss hanging about and had to type faster than the head was working! Been around league since beginning. Travel weekends 4 hours for last 3 years to DC, spent huge somes of money to see BAD,BAD games. If I were GM I would say bye bye to Mique. Every year same old stuff. Mystics screwed over Vicki Bullett so got what they deserve. I was thinking San Antonio but then a 3 way to end in NY.

PostPosted: 03/18/05 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Alepp03 wrote:
Utah?

*giggle*

Right.

I had some Mormons visit me a couple of weeks ago. They saw my W paraphenalia and we got talking about the Starzz. They missed the team.

pilight, when they knock on the front door, you really don't have to open it Wink

pilight

PostPosted: 03/18/05 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why not answer? I'm not afraid of them, and it took all of about 30 seconds for them to realize they were barking up the wrong tree.

They were nice guys, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: