RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2005 NCAA Champions - Prediction, anyone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/14/05 3:54 pm    ::: 2005 NCAA Champions - Prediction, anyone? Reply Reply with quote

OK, I'll go out on a limb and say I predict Stanford will win it all.

They're really deep and I think they won't be taken seriously by opponents until it's too late to catch up.

My alternate is Tennessee.

All you fans of other teams can now enjoy the fact that every team I prefer or predict to win always loses. - lol!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/14/05 3:57 pm    ::: Re: 2005 NCAA Champions - Prediction, anyone? Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
OK, I'll go out on a limb and say I predict Stanford will win it all.

They're really deep and I think they won't be taken seriously by opponents until it's too late to catch up.

My alternate is Tennessee.

All you fans of other teams can now enjoy the fact that every team I prefer or predict to win always loses. - lol!

I'm liking UConn's chances to come out of Stanford's bracket even more now! LOL!

I'm sure I'll change my mind 100 times between now and this weekend, but I'm REALLY liking Baylor right now.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/14/05 4:05 pm    ::: Re: 2005 NCAA Champions - Prediction, anyone? Reply Reply with quote

Somebody had to start this thread!

Whatever happens, it will be a fun playoffs this year. I actually haven't looked at the brackets yet.

My Stanford pick is just a hunch.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/14/05 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Slovy's NCAA picks are anything like his picks for favorite WNBA player (DeMya, Gwen, Tamika, etc.), there will be 16 teams that he has as "his teams" winning it all.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 03/14/05 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My fave is LSU, but after seeing them lose in the SEC Tourney, I have my doubts. I don't think Duke can pull it off this year, either.

Baylor might have to face UNC, who is the X-factor in the tourney to me. They have shown unbelievable strength and poise, but you just have to wonder how they will respond to the Big Dance.

Tennessee and UConn are playing the best basketball they have played pretty much all year and that makes them one's to watch.

Coaching is going to be very important from the Elite 8 on.

Having said all that, I am still going with LSU! Geaux Lady Tigers!!

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/14/05 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was in Vegas this weekend. I wanted to put money on UNC. I think they and LSU are most likely to win. I was thinking LSU would probably have odds like 3-1 and UNC would have something like 10-1, which I thought would be a good bet.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a women's basketball book anywhere.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/14/05 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have LSU beating Stanford in my bracket. Me biased? Never Wink
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/14/05 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If LSU beats Duke, then I think they'll win the whole thing. But I don't think they'll beat Duke.

I'm going with my Blue Devils. I think the teams that would give Duke the most trouble will get knocked out by other teams (thank you Baylor). Baylor' looking pretty good, but I think Duke can take 'em.

Count me in with the folks doubting Stanford. The only way Brooke Smith can score on Mistie Williams is by breaking her nose. Been there, done that. And Brooke's gonna see a LOT of REALLY great posts in the tourney.

OK, before you accuse me of hating on the ex-Dukie, let me say that I will be the first to congratulate Brooke and Stanford should she/they prove me wrong. I love TVD and I'm from California to I root for the Left Coast teams when they're not playing ACC teams or Oklahoma (my mom' alma mater). Believe me, I would LOVE Stanford to prove me wrong!!! That's just not what I think will happen.

~rAf

~rAf
cjavolfan

PostPosted: 03/14/05 8:14 pm    ::: my pick Reply Reply with quote

I think the legitimate teams are LSU, Tennessee, UNC, Baylor, Stanford, UConn, Ohio State, and Michigan State.

Tennessee and UConn have the experience in their favor. They know what it takes to survive and advance.

Michigan State is a good team with a lot of emotion going for them right now. I thought they played very well together as a team.

The rest have the pure athletes that it takes to survive and advance in March.

My heart says Lady Vols for obvious reasons. This team had a mission going into the conference and that was to win a tournament title, something the seniors had never done. They did that. Next up...

My head says LSU. Augustus is awesome, but I think the player that keeps them going is Johnson. Their post play has improved since last year. Adding Fowles helped out there a lot, but I think Jones and Willis have improved as well. I think LSU has the complete package that will win it all.

deanjet

PostPosted: 03/14/05 8:24 pm    ::: Re: my pick Reply Reply with quote

My bracket from the tournament challenge:

Regional Finals:

Chattanooga:
LSU over Texas

Tempe:
North Carolina over Minnesota

Philadelphia:
Tennessee over Ohio State

Kansas City:
UConn over Vanderbilt

Final Four:
LSU over North Carolina
Tennessee over UConn

Championship:
LSU over Tennessee

PostPosted: 03/14/05 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee wins. And they won't have to play UConn to get there, thank goodness.

But they will have to beat Vanderbilt. Again.

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 03/15/05 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee. I don't care who they play, or where. They will do what it takes to win this Tournament.

PostPosted: 03/15/05 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

These are my picks to make an impact during the tournament.

I think UCONN may win it all. Barb Turner is now finally playing like the all americna candidate we all thought she was. Ann Strother has been consistent and Jessica Moore has been playing very strong down the stretch as well. My thinking is that UCONN turns it up a notch at tournament time and you can't count out Geno and his kids. UCONN is still the champion until someone else hoists the trophy above their heads.

I also like Stanford. Wiggins is a good player for a freshmen and Brooke Smith's hook shot is deadly more players should learn how to utilize the hook.

I like LSU, Seimone Augustus is phenomenal to watch. Fowles wow watch out when she gets rolling. TJ is a good point guard that gets the ball to the right people.

Tennessee. I like because of experience but I still question whether they can score consistently.

UNC I like because they are athletic and play good pressure defense and Latta is a player that can make a difference at the end of the game. She is the type that can take over especially when the game is down at the wire. Larkins is also very good and agressive inside.

Duke I like and I like Mo Currie but they need a lot more help around her. I think Bales is a nice developing player. Bass and Smith have been consistent at times as well as Foley. I'm not completely sold on their team especially their bench but Duke always finds a way to win.

I respect Michigan State, Ohio State, Baylor, and Texas and any other contenders. I just haven't seen them on TV when they're on so I won't comment on them. GOOD LUCK TO THE TEAMS and see you at the final four.

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 03/15/05 2:52 pm    ::: Tennessee sounds motivated Reply Reply with quote

But UCSB will win it!! (OK, now with a bit of homerism finished)

I really, really want to see someone other than Tennessee or Connecticut win it. I'm hoping that's LSU (well actually really wishing it was UCSB, but realistically hoping it's LSU).

Tennessee seems like it would be a smart bet though. They certainly have the talent and depth and sound very motivated.

Sass

PostPosted: 03/25/05 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Third and fourth round predictions:

NC over ASU
Baylor over Minnesota

Michigan State over Vandy
Conn over Stanford (though I pray I'm wrong)

LSU over Liberty
Duke over Georgia

Tenn over Texas Tech
Rutgers over Ohio State

I'm thinkin LSU or Tenn for champs.

MSUstudent31

PostPosted: 03/26/05 3:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:
Third and fourth round predictions:

NC over ASU
Baylor over Minnesota

Michigan State over Vandy
Conn over Stanford (though I pray I'm wrong)

LSU over Liberty
Duke over Georgia

Tenn over Texas Tech
Rutgers over Ohio State

I'm thinkin LSU or Tenn for champs.

Agrees with this person^^...I think stanford will win though,UCONN has nobody that can guard Wiggins..

sambista

PostPosted: 03/26/05 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

though i usually like to pick an underdog (unc? stanford, 'cause the west coast never gets any respect, and not because lisa leslie says so), i'm going with, rooting for lsu. emotionally, pat summitt wants it, wants it bad. but tenn has a tendency to be dangerously slack till pat re-envigorates her crew at halftime. if that second wind can be neutralized, it's over. no, it's lsu. for and because of seimone. for and because of temeka, whose basketball life may never be any more glorious than right now, and she knows it. for and because of pokey, who stepped in and represented brilliantly. and because of sue gunter, for whom lsu will seize the moment.

PostPosted: 03/26/05 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Tenn doesn't have to play Uconn, than Tenn wins it all. This year is so up in the air...I think Uconn will beat Tenn the second time around if they play...but at this point where there really isn't any favorites...IMO it is kind of dumb to bet against Pat or Geno.

Sass

PostPosted: 03/28/05 1:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was wrong! I was wrong! And have never been so happy to be wrong in my life. So happy to see UConn go down, and equally happy to see a Pac-10 team doin it up.

After seeing all the teams play this weekend, I'm leaning toward LSU.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/28/05 10:32 am    ::: more fun predictions Reply Reply with quote

LSU or UNC to win it all, depending on how well UNC takes care of the ball and whether Fowles picks up first-half fouls.

In the Elite Eight, LSU over Duke, UNC over Baylor, and, alas, Stanford over Michigan State, though I'd really like to see Michigan State in Indy: we're probably going, and they're the last team we really support that hasn't been knocked out. But I think Stanford's just too fast for the Spartans, especially given MSU's non-bench, and if the Cardinal can outrebound UConn they can probably outrebound Kelli and Liz as well. (Go Big Ten...sigh...)

Everyone here seems to expect Tennessee over Rutgers handily: I'm not so sure.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/28/05 11:02 am    ::: Re: more fun predictions Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
if the Cardinal can outrebound UConn they can probably outrebound Kelli and Liz as well. (Go Big Ten...sigh...)

UConn outrebounded Stanford by 4.

PostPosted: 03/28/05 11:14 am    ::: Re: more fun predictions Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
accommodatingly wrote:
if the Cardinal can outrebound UConn they can probably outrebound Kelli and Liz as well. (Go Big Ten...sigh...)

UConn outrebounded Stanford by 4.

Just goes to show you how misleading stats can be sometimes.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/28/05 12:06 pm    ::: Re: more fun predictions Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:

Everyone here seems to expect Tennessee over Rutgers handily: I'm not so sure.

me either. rutgers looks hungry. really hungry.

PostPosted: 03/28/05 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Rutgers' chances and I'm putting my money where my mouth is.
I'm gonna be in Philly tomorrow donning my new RU t-shirt.

PostPosted: 03/28/05 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
I like Rutgers' chances and I'm putting my money where my mouth is.
I'm gonna be in Philly tomorrow donning my new RU t-shirt.

Enjoy the game. Boy, how does a Husky fan choose between the old enemy of the state and the new enemy of the state?

I think I'm going to have to root for Pat to win this one. Not sure why, just dislike C.Viv a little more right now!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: