RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tick Tock... Tick Tock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 03/13/05 3:07 pm    ::: Tick Tock... Tick Tock Reply Reply with quote

Is it time yet?

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/13/05 3:09 pm    ::: Re: Tick Tock... Tick Tock Reply Reply with quote

Gaucho Don wrote:
Is it time yet?

No, it's not.

Don, do you want your Gauchos sent to Fresno, then to Tempe? Who do you want them to play? Congratulations on Kristen Mann's 33, too-- is that a career high?

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 03/13/05 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, yesterday's game was new career highs for both Kristen Mann (33) and Mia Fisher (26) as they combined for 59 of UCSB's 74 points...

I'm guessing the seniors didn't want to go down as the team to end the streak Smile The have a chance to continue another streak now (three straight years of making the second round or better), though it's gonna be a tough challenge!! They actually have a chance to be the first class at UCSB to have made the second round of the NCAA's all four years that they were here!

as far as the seeding/location.
Only way I make it is if it's in Fresno, so I'm hoping for Fresno (though I'm not sure I'm gonna make it anyway) and yes, then on to Tempe would be glorious... if we make it to Tempe I'll be there for sure! (don't think I'll be betting money on it though)... Just hoping the team doesn't end up in Texas again... last year we hosted, but each of the previous two we went to Texas and lost in the second round (Texas then Texas Tech)

I'm expecting a 12-14 and hoping it's not the 14 (or worse?). If we're a 12-13 I don't think I care too much who we play... I'd just rather have it be someone we haven't played in recent years.

I've seen us projected as playing Texas, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt, Kansas State, Maryland and Temple. I'm guessing Rutgers, Notre Dame and Minnesota would be decent guesses too.

Maryland and Temple seem the like the best of those (as far as UCSB's chances of winning anyway). I think an incredibly strong defensive team and/or a strong 3 point shooting team would be the toughest matchup for us.

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 03/13/05 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of Course Maryland on their home floor would be a tough game though. We're in for a tough game to start with... I'm just hoping it's a tough, but winnable game.

I don't think we have much chance against most of the 1s and 2s (though I thought that when we played Texas Tech in the second round two years ago and that was a good game Smile

I think an interesting matchup would be a first or second round matchup with Florida St... reunite Cori with her old team... problem is Cori's a good enough coach that with such a great scouting report, Florida St would probably bury us. Would be a nice challenge for Cori and for our team though and the expected seedings kinda work (if we're a 13 ish and they're 5ish).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: