RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

SPMs Coverage of the WNBA This Season

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SportsPageMike

PostPosted: 04/28/06 12:08 pm    ::: SPMs Coverage of the WNBA This Season Reply Reply with quote

Dear Friends:

This years WNBA season has already commenced as many teams have already held their annual Media Days. We were fortunate enough so far to be at a few of them and I hope you all enjoyed the photo galleries.

Our staff sends congratulations to the Chicago Sky and welcomes them into the league.

Last season 7 WNBA teams were kind enough to grant our publication credentials for the season. This season that number has jumped to 11. Unfortunately, we lost out on one of our original 7 as the New York Liberty said, that they could not provide us with a photo credential but would consider a writer credential on a game to game basis due to the fact that the team or MSG cannot credential websites anymore.

Of the remaining 13 teams, I am sorry to say that we could not find a writer or a photographer in San Antonio or in Indiana.

As for the 11 teams that we are approved to cover for the season, barring any last minute changes this is what we will have to offer:

Charlotte: A writer and a photographer on a game to game basis

Chicago: No writer, a photographer only for the whole season

Connecticut: A writer and a photographer for the whole season

Detroit: No writer, a photographer only for the whole season

Houston: A writer occasionally and a photographer for the whole season

Los Angeles: A writer and a photographer for the whole season

Minnesota: A writer and a photographer for the whole season

Phoenix: A writer and a photographer for the whole season

Sacramento: A writer and a photographer for the whole season

Seattle: A writer and a photographer for the whole season

Washington: No writer and a photographer on a game to game basis

Hopefully, a few people will come out of the woodwork before the season starts and help fill in these positions that are still open. If not, well work on them for next season.

We are also looking for someone that has knowledge in Internet marketing and advertising.

Please e-mail me at mdavino@sportspagemagazine.com if anyone has any interest in joining our growing list of staff members in any category.

For those of you that support SPM, I want to thank you. For those of you that dont then I am sorry that you had to read another of my posts.

We are looking forward to an awesome WNBA season. Can't wait for the real games to begin.

Many thanks;
Mike

Last edited by SportsPageMike on 04/28/06 8:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/28/06 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
we could not find a writer or a photographer in San Antonio or in Indiana.

Slovy, Matty, come on now!

ILuvCatch

PostPosted: 04/28/06 12:17 pm    ::: Boiler fans. Reply Reply with quote

What about the lady who takes pictures at Purdue? I see her at the Fever games also. I know she graduated from Purdue but I don't know her name. Do you know who I'm talking about?

-Tamika Catchings
ShockPR

PostPosted: 04/28/06 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Detroit peeps need to step up!

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/28/06 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Liberty can't credential websites? What in the everloving fuck? While I'd like to believe that it means more papers are actually sending beat writers, I think pigs will fly before that happens. They're probably too afraid of the flow of information. Heaven knows the Liberty don't want to spread *news* or anything.

(now with spelling variations)
psheehy

PostPosted: 04/28/06 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
The Liberty can't credential websites? What in the everloving fuck? While I'd like to believe that it means more papers are actually sending beat writers, I think pigs will fly before that happens. They're probably too afraid of the flow of information. Heaven knows the Liberty don't want to spread *news* or anything.

Blame their "big brother," the Knicks for running their mouths off and leaking every potential trade on the horizon to too many websites...at least so goes the rumor...or better yet just blame Isiah Thomas and Larry Brown...they are usually guilty of something worth blaming.

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 04/28/06 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Quote:
we could not find a writer or a photographer in San Antonio or in Indiana.

Slovy, Matty, come on now!

I don't want to be telling anyone what to do, but I know that I generally am very impressed by their analysis of the games. I know that they may not be able to do every game, and maybe they could only do a couple, but I think it'd be awesome if Slovy or Matty (or someone else) could take charge. This is not so much for us, because we will get the reports regardless, but for everyone else out there and for the teams.

I would like to relay a similar sentiment for any SASS fans (so hard to find on here Sad )

SportsPageMike

PostPosted: 04/28/06 7:37 pm    ::: the Stars Reply Reply with quote

I'm actually surprised myself that there doesn't seem to be that many Stars fans onboard here. They have a very talented young team that will go far. It may take a year or two to get the team to work as a teamand they have some awesome talent to boot.

PostPosted: 04/28/06 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ShockPR wrote:
Detroit peeps need to step up!

Hey how about a call to your counterpart in NY? See if you can't get them to loosen up a little. But then maybe it wouldn't be well recieved. What do I know? Just a thought.

PostPosted: 04/29/06 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey Mike,
I know what a service you guys do for the WNBA...I was upset that all the other teams had such good Media Day Pics for their fans and the Liberty fans got none! I can't understand the Liberty being so hard headed in this area. Please Liberty Front Office take another look at your decision!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: