RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sun talk to Sacramento About Yo?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/11/05 12:02 pm    ::: Sun talk to Sacramento About Yo? Reply Reply with quote

The Sun are trying to acquire a center who would allow McWilliams-Franklin to move to power forward. Sources said recently the Sun had talked with Sacramento regarding a potential trade for 6-foot-4 center Yolanda Griffith, a four-time All-Star and the 1999 MVP. One source said the Monarchs wanted Katie Douglas. That source said talks have cooled but could heat up again.

Thibault acknowledged having one conversation with Sacramento coach/general manager John Whisenant but dismissed the trade talk as little more than exaggerated rumors.

"That was a long time ago," Thibault said. "I had called John about something else and that came up. But that conversation lasted no more than a minute and we haven't talked about it since. That's not something we're working on.

"I have no desire to trade Katie Douglas. ... There is probably about one trade for every hundred conversations in this league."

Also, Taj is NOT signed yet, Mike likes the #8 pick, and Whalen, Brungo, etc. have started informal workouts.

http://www.courant.com/sports/basketball/hc-sun0311.artmar11,0,7436821.story?coll=hc-headlines-basketball

michalu

PostPosted: 03/11/05 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie and McWilliams have incredible season in Europe. Katie plays in Vilnus (Lithuania) and she is the best scorer of Euroleague. (20.7pts, 6rb, 3.2 as, 3,4 st). And McWilliams plays very good in Czech. She is very important player in this team. Both teams have big chance to play in FINAL FOUR this season.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/12/05 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie Douglas? Is Sacramento trying to have the slowest perimeter combination in the league? (though I guess the Merc would be strong competitors in this department Laughing )
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/12/05 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Katie Douglas? Is Sacramento trying to have the slowest perimeter combination in the league? (though I guess the Merc would be strong competitors in this department Laughing )

The SWGs don't do too badly for themselves.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: